Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 14-02-2014, 11:09   #1801
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: The Xbox One Thread

News on the dashboard update

http://www.totalxbox.com/71351/where...ays-microsoft/
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-02-2014, 19:13   #1802
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Hi Hom3r, I dont own an X1 so cant comment on why the static IP wont work, when you say it failed what exactly do you mean, on the 360 you just go into the IP address setting's (via network settings) and instead of using automatic, select the manual option and type in the IP address you want to use, and your done.

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

I know it sounds dodgy but Ive never had a problem with it but the more knowledgeable might be able to shed some light on it,
I went into network settings and manual ip
Old 14-02-2014, 19:24   #1803
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I went into network settings and manual ip
And then what happened after youd input the IP address, how did you type in the address, might sound daft but did you include full stops like this

and did you use an IP address that wasnt currently in use by any other device?
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2014, 21:42   #1804
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

The Xbox One update has started to roll out and we should all have it by the end of the weekend, not got mine yet.

http://majornelson.com/2014/02/14/xb...g-to-roll-out/
Old 15-02-2014, 00:24   #1805
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Yeah, no update yet for me
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 08:37   #1806
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I think mine download overnight, when I go to the my apps it now has space used info, don't appear to have a controller battery life indicator.

The light on the power brick was orange, it's normally white, I turn on and had a green install bar on screen.
Old 15-02-2014, 08:43   #1807
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Mine is updating now
Old 15-02-2014, 10:12   #1808
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Mine is updating now
I was just about to type exactly the same thing, for everyone else you need to turn the Xbox on manually as 'Xbox On' won't work if there is an update ready to install.

I hope the battery indicator actually does something because playing BF4 last night the controller just disconnect and it takes ages to replace the batteries when playing a game, hopefully the indicator will flash up an on screen message to warn me the batteries are low.

It took me a while to find the hard disk space setting but it can be found by going to 'My games and apps'.

Full list of what has been changed, i wish they would go into the significant performance part in detail.

New/updated Features
Update to My Game & Apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installs
Ability to delete game and application save data
Improved installation and DLC management
Addition of the controller battery power indicator
Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat
Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel
Update to the boot progress indicators for system update
Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress
Separate game, application, and install queue lists
Addition of USB keyboard support

Stability and performance update
Improved NAT detection
Network Troubleshooter improvements
Blu-ray quality improvements
Significant performance and stability improvements

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-o...erating-system

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Apparently the sharpening filter on sub-1080 games has been removed according to neowin.
Old 15-02-2014, 10:15   #1809
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

No update for me yet. I did a full power down as well
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2014, 10:36   #1810
nstokes
Inactive

When mine updated i thought i would have a quicke with TF and i had a scare. My whole screen went datk. I couldnt see a thing. I could hear the audio from TF and the audio on the dash but screen was dark. Turned off and on again and same thing. Turned tv off and on and same thing. Did a hard a reset and after tye green xbox logo the console turned off. Turned back on again and now ok. I nearly had a heart attack
Old 15-02-2014, 10:41   #1811
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I think you have to press the Xbox button on the controller to get battery level.
Old 15-02-2014, 10:49   #1812
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
I think you have to press the Xbox button on the controller to get battery level.
Yes you do. Its next the clock on the right hand side
Old 15-02-2014, 10:49   #1813
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yes you do, i just hope it is better than the 360 on screen version which i thought was useless.
Old 15-02-2014, 11:49   #1814
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

I guess it goes away after a while
Old 15-02-2014, 11:52   #1815
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I guess it goes away after a while
The icon is always there as i recharged my batteries yesterday before the update and it is saying half full so i am guessing it will change the icon type or flash hopefully when they need recharging.