Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 15:09   #1786
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

No Xbox update today, it has been put back a few days but is expected this week still.

Also....

A developer has said that Microsoft's new SDK is much faster than it currently is and should be able to deliver 1080P games like the PS4 currently does.

Quote:
They (Microsoft) are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One. We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it’s got better and they are quite comparable machines.
It maybe only 1 developer saying this but i hope he is correct!

http://www.neowin.net/news/xbox-one-...re-1080p-games
Old 11-02-2014, 20:04   #1787
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

More details on the March update:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-on...iplayer-update

Quote:
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.

- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.

- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.

- We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.

- We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
(plus "many more great features")

All good, although Eurogamer has a point regarding the March update and the delayed February update...

Quote:
All welcome additions, but all features already present on Xbox 360.

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:13 ----------

Another post from Hryb:

http://majornelson.com/2014/02/11/xb...apter-details/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorNelson
First up, the all-new Xbox One Stereo Headset. The Stereo Headset pairs a premium, full-range (20Hz – 20kHz) audio experience with a unidirectional microphone taking advantage of Xbox One’s Skype-powered chat audio codec. Included in the package is a detachable Stereo Headset Adapter that puts all of the audio controls right at your fingertips. You can balance the game and chat audio levels, control the master volume, and mute the microphone.

The Xbox One Stereo Headset does not use separate batteries and is passively powered through the Wireless Controller. Additionally, headset is compatible with mobile devices, tablets and PC/Mac.

The Xbox One Stereo Headset will cost $79.99 (MSRP).

For Xbox fans that already have a favorite set of stereo gaming headphones, we’re happy to reveal that the Stereo Headset Adapter will also ship separately. Plug your compatible headset into the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter to chat with your fellow players, and enjoy the convenient volume controls right on the adapter. For more details on the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, please visit xbox.com/xboxone/compatibleheadsets.

The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter will cost $24.99 (MSRP.)

Both will be available in Xbox One markets worldwide in early March.

I’ve seen a lot of questions about what will / won’t work. Here is an easy way to think about it:

Legacy gaming headsets get game audio from the back of the console from the S/PDIF port. Get chat audio by connecting the 2.5mm chat cable to the adapter,
New Xbox One headsets – get chat and stereo directly from the adapter. No need to connect anything to the console.
Any 3.5mm stereo headset (that uses the CTIA plug standard) can get stereo game audio by plugging into the adapter.

Lack of Dolby still sucks for those with surround sound headsets (or AV receivers!), but this adapter at least means you can use your Turtle Beach or Sharkoon headset for chat as well as game audio.

What I find the most interesting is that the adapter doesn't just enable you to use 3rd party headsets for chat, it *also* enables you to use 3rd party headsets for game audio via the controller (like the PS4's DS4). I like the idea of being able to plug any pair of headphones into the controller to get game audio.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 19:24   #1788
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've moved the most recent Titanfall posts to their own thread in the main gaming forum, as we're getting closer now (plus have the beta this weekend), so it's worth it having its own thread (plus of course it's also on 360 & Windows).

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/30...0-windows.html
Old 12-02-2014, 20:30   #1789
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Refinements to the Xbox one controller via an update is expected soon and possibly the upscaler too.

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...tanfall-launch
Old 12-02-2014, 22:44   #1790
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

OK peed now.

My X1 has reset the NATS to Restricted

---------- Post added at 22:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Might have to set up port forwarding on my router to resolve this in the morning.
Old 13-02-2014, 11:02   #1791
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

You could just give your X1 a fixed IP address of say 192.168.0.100 and then put that address in the DMZ of the Superhub, reboot and your done.

I found port forwarding a bit flaky but in most cases a reboot of the router then xbox normally sort it all out.

Apologies if I'm suggesting you should suck eggs
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 17:33   #1792
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
You could just give your X1 a fixed IP address of say 192.168.0.100 and then put that address in the DMZ of the Superhub, reboot and your done.

I found port forwarding a bit flaky but in most cases a reboot of the router then xbox normally sort it all out.

Exactly what I did
Old 13-02-2014, 18:48   #1793
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

The controller update is part of the (delayed) February update:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/12/540...soft-titanfall
Old 13-02-2014, 19:22   #1794
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
The controller update is part of the (delayed) February update:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/12/540...soft-titanfall
I never noticed a problem with the controller but if it helps me shoot better in BF4 then it is all good!
Old 13-02-2014, 19:49   #1795
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post

Are there any dangers putting the X1 in a DMZ?
Old 13-02-2014, 19:59   #1796
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Always had my 360 in a dmz , can't personally see a problem with it but would welcome someone to say if they think there is risk involved as I'm not 100% sure.
Old 13-02-2014, 20:01   #1797
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

How do you reboot the X1?

mine is currently on standby i think. power on but told the xbox to turn off.
Old 13-02-2014, 20:07   #1798
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
How do you reboot the X1?

mine is currently on standby i think. power on but told the xbox to turn off.
Hold down the power button on the console for several seconds then replace the button then it will do a hard reboot, you wont lose anything but it will take 30 odd seconds to start up again.
Old 13-02-2014, 22:07   #1799
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Tried to give the X1 a static IP but it failed, I set the IP within the range I have restricted, set the Subnet & Gateway but it don't want to know.
Old 14-02-2014, 07:51   #1800
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Tried to give the X1 a static IP but it failed, I set the IP within the range I have restricted, set the Subnet & Gateway but it don't want to know.
Hi Hom3r, I dont own an X1 so cant comment on why the static IP wont work, when you say it failed what exactly do you mean, on the 360 you just go into the IP address setting's (via network settings) and instead of using automatic, select the manual option and type in the IP address you want to use, and your done.

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

Quote:
I know it sounds dodgy but Ive never had a problem with it but the more knowledgeable might be able to shed some light on it,
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote