Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Vivid 350?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Vivid 350?

Old 16-08-2017, 11:07   #61
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Vivid 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Understood Mon General.

Strange. Everything on >12 channels should be able to order 300 unless congestion is present.
I am not planning on ordering it but i am on 24 down and 2 up on 16QAM and i don't get any congestion on my 150mbit tier, so not sure why the max available to me is only 200mbit?
Old 16-08-2017, 11:21   #62
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Ah good, i am glad you have got the same problem, there is hope for me yet.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 12:04   #63
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

It was showing the same for me, there was no upgrade option past 200 Gamer. Best to either call or go on live chat. Oddly, live chat were able to offer a better price than retentions.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 12:17   #64
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

good to know, maybe they have got quotas they need to hit to show that they are worth keeping around.
Old 16-08-2017, 12:57   #65
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I can't see that unfortunately because I have got a shub2. I'll give them a tinkle on Friday and see what they say but I am not optimistic.
Gotcha.

No reason why you can't move to 350 but you will, obviously, have to have a SHub 3, that has to be non-negotiable.
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 13:51   #66
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

65% out of 100% in Telford got 350/20. The rest of it including me are still on 200/12

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

I was wondering how many per cent take up 350/20, I think very small around 10% the rest are staying with 50/100 and 200. I think the higher percent take up is 100Meg. No ones not needing 350/20 for expensive price.
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 14:01   #67
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by telfordcable View Post
65% out of 100% in Telford got 350/20. The rest of it including me are still on 200/12

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

I was wondering how many per cent take up 350/20, I think very small around 10% the rest are staying with 50/100 and 200. I think the higher percent take up is 100Meg. No ones not needing 350/20 for expensive price.
100% of 100% of everything you write is tosh.

Quote:
Some don't have enough channels activated to make residential 350 a good idea.
I'm on 24 Channels, cBR-8 and have tried a couple of attempts to get 350 configured (not that I need it, but why not) and seem to be hitting a brick wall with it. For the effort of dealing with VM's CS on the phone, I'll either wait till it happens or till someone on the forum picks it up.

Last edited by Gobble; 16-08-2017 at 14:05.
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 18:53   #68
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
It was showing the same for me, there was no upgrade option past 200 Gamer. Best to either call or go on live chat. Oddly, live chat were able to offer a better price than retentions.
Quote:
No reason why you can't move to 350 but you will, obviously, have to have a SHub 3, that has to be non-negotiable.
Just been on webchat and they said 350 isn't available in my area yet and I can only get 300. I have been upgraded to 300 for £4 less/month than I am paying now and a tech is coming round next Wednesday with a shub3 for me. If I had thought about it and planned in advance I could have saved myself the time because I had to have a tech out for a network fault a couple of weeks ago and he offered me a shub3 at the time and I said no. Nevermind. I just hope that when the new config comes down it is for 350. I honestly won't be disappointed if it isn't though, 300mbits is still going to be a 50% increase for me and I will definitely notice and benefit from the difference.
Old 17-08-2017, 15:33   #69
Daveoc64
cf.addict

Services: Freeview Play, Virgin Media Gig1
Daveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about themDaveoc64 has a spectacular aura about them

Despite my earlier pessimism, I have been upgraded via web chat from 300mbps to 350mbps.

The new price is £48 a month, instead of £47.25, so a boost of 50mbps for just £0.75 a month!
Daveoc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 15:41   #70
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveoc64 View Post
Despite my earlier pessimism, I have been upgraded via web chat from 300mbps to 350mbps.

The new price is £48 a month, instead of £47.25, so a boost of 50mbps for just £0.75 a month!
Weird, I've tried 3 times now and they want to charge me £58 for 300, I pay £39 for 200 gamer right now.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 15:57   #71
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

I tried to order 300mbps today on webchat as I'm on VIP 200 but VIP comes with 300 as standard. Still says not available in my area but it is around the corner in the next street. I'm on 24 downstream channels and have been for months and I believe there is no congestion as the recent one was resolved and I get 200+ even at peak times
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 18:57   #72
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Weird, I've tried 3 times now and they want to charge me £58 for 300, I pay £39 for 200 gamer right now.
Phone the cancellation team they have the best deals
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 19:44   #73
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Phone the cancellation team they have the best deals
nope, use webchat
Old 17-08-2017, 19:51   #74
byron_hinson
Inactive

Services: 50 MB Broadband and Phone
byron_hinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to byron_hinson

Added this via live chat earlier today and it shows on my account but I’m still not getting more than 200mb even after two reboots. How long does it usually take to go through.
byron_hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2017, 20:09   #75
General Maximus
Ran Away

they say it can take up to 24 hours but in my experience when I have rang up in the past it was done while I was on the phone. I know they have to put a code on your account for it to work and I am not sure if the billing information (i.e what you see in your info) is the same as actually giving you the tier (putting the code on your account) or if they are two separate things and somebody needs to manually put it on. Unfortunately I am non the wiser as the last two upgrades I have had have been contingent on a new shub and the new configs have dropped down when I activated the new shub.