Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 14:04   #91
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Streaming is certainly the way nowadays but yes there is a but if a streaming company that you've bought a movie on goes bust then you've lost that movie and will have to buy it again, also some only license you the show/movie for a set period Wuaki is one you only have the movie/show for 3 years.
With dvd/blu ray you know it's yours forever.
What baffles me is why SKY still do not offer blu ray on the sky store let's be honest the prices they charge for new releases £13.99 you can get much cheaper from places like Amazon, hmv on blu ray which most include a digital copy to to use on ultraviolet which many companies support.
My theory is VM will break that mould and will offer blu ray as well as dvd, maybe they'll use someone like HMV.
If I decide to watch a movie, then I watch it there and then. I would never watch it twice, there is always plenty of new material on which I can feast my eyes and ears!

For those who like to watch the same things over and over, I can see how this might be an issue for them, though.
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2017, 14:22   #92
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
I see they are leaving 402 free - the last time a rejig of sky channels left a gap, was for the launch of Sky Sports Mix.
Sky currently have some spare satellite capacity following the closure of Sky Box Office - I wonder if they plan to use some of this to launch Premiere +1 HD, which would then take up the 402 slot on Virgin...?
Why bother ?

With a restart option already on each Movie Channel.
Old 05-01-2017, 14:41   #93
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If I decide to watch a movie, then I watch it there and then. I would never watch it twice, there is always plenty of new material on which I can feast my eyes and ears!

For those who like to watch the same things over and over, I can see how this might be an issue for them, though.
I'm normally the same i watch a movie once and that's it, but sometimes i buy the dvd or blu ray too for the extras and it's handy to have something to watch if my network goes la la.
Old 05-01-2017, 15:09   #94
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
also some only license you the show/movie for a set period Wuaki is one you only have the movie/show for 3 years.

Given their poor PQ and lack of 5.1, I wouldn't buy from them anyway.

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Quote:
I'm normally the same i watch a movie once and that's it, but sometimes i buy the dvd or blu ray too for the extras and it's handy to have something to watch if my network goes la la.

And when you can pick up many second hand movies and TV box sets for just over a quid, including postage, DVDs can be a great bargain.
Old 05-01-2017, 16:09   #95
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
New deal with Sky UK?
Probably something that Sky wanted from the start but with VM only agreeing to give the HD channels priority since Sky dropped the supplementary HD fee.

Old 05-01-2017, 16:19   #96
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Given their poor PQ and lack of 5.1, I wouldn't buy from them anyway.

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

And when you can pick up many second hand movies and TV box sets for just over a quid, including postage, DVDs can be a great bargain.
Very true, i've seen dvds from as little as 20p in CEX and our local cash generators are currently doing dvds at 15 for £10 and there are some latest releases in there too.
Old 05-01-2017, 20:42   #97
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

True Christmas has reverted to True Movies.

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz100 View Post
When are we getting true crime?
Could be soon... the Virgin logo has been added to the 'watch us on' graphic on the True Crime website:

http://www.truecrimetv.co.uk/
Old 05-01-2017, 23:09   #98
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Could be soon... the Virgin logo has been added to the 'watch us on' graphic on the True Crime website:

http://www.truecrimetv.co.uk/
Virgin logo - No longer listed on the True Crime website.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 05-01-2017, 23:15   #99
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Virgin logo - No longer listed on the True Crime website.
It's on the top of the page but if you scroll down it's not on the second collection of logos. It's also the Virgin logo and not the Virgin Media logo which is rather strange.
Old 05-01-2017, 23:30   #100
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's on the top of the page but if you scroll down it's not on the second collection of logos. It's also the Virgin logo and not the Virgin Media logo which is rather strange.
We still cant see it.

We only see Freeview, Sky and Freesat logos.
Old 05-01-2017, 23:53   #101
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

... it's about half way down the page under the very large True Crime lettering, not at the top or bottom of the page.
Old 05-01-2017, 23:59   #102
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
We still cant see it.

It's behind you!

Try viewing it on your mobile phone - there's a red bar half-way across the screen containing the logos in white.
Old 06-01-2017, 00:04   #103
jj20x

Quote:
We still cant see it.

Try this:

http://cdn32.sptndigital.com/sites/u...-marqueev2.jpg

Old 06-01-2017, 00:05   #104
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Thanks for link.
Old 06-01-2017, 00:06   #105
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
As far as we know Virgin cant move channels about before signing an new deal with the owners.

We has seen rumours on this thread about Sky Channels.
What else is to come with the new deal are we going to get uhd because if a new contact with sky doesn't get material what does
Closed Thread