Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Old 31-10-2012, 10:38   #31
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-10-2012, 10:41   #32
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
No it isn't.I'm entirely correct to raise my dislike of the way Hollywood handles SF films in a thread about how yet again the film companies are screwing over a franchise that should have died a death years ago.
You might as well be complaining that The Goonies isn't adult enough.
Old 31-10-2012, 11:27   #33
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Stolen for Facebook lol
Old 31-10-2012, 13:24   #34
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Paramount gave Gene Roddenberry an executive position which AFAIK he held throughout production of all the movies and Next Gen TV episodes until he died. He seems to have spent a lot of time firing off angry memos about how they were ruining the franchise. Paramount seems to have spent a lot of time ignoring him.

If Disney does likewise with George they won't go far wrong.

I remember reading that part of the problem was that, according to one executive at least, every time Gene submitted a potential story, it ended up with Kirk on a grassy knoll in Dallas in 1963.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 13:31   #35
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
You might as well be complaining that The Goonies isn't adult enough.
There is no chance of having an adult discussion with you.. So I shan't bother any further.
Old 31-10-2012, 15:47   #36
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 11 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal

This news is somewhat unbelievable. I'm not sure it's good news or not.

For one thing, the saga is essentially over. Both Luke's and Anakin's journeys are complete; what more is there to tell? Unless they're going to adapt one or more of the novels, or do a pre-prequel. Now that would be interesting! Going back to the dawn of the Sith!
Old 31-10-2012, 16:06   #37
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

The original third trilogy (7,8,9) was to be set after the events of 4,5,6 (first three films made).
Old 31-10-2012, 19:55   #38
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The original third trilogy (7,8,9) was to be set after the events of 4,5,6 (first three films made).
Amazing!!!!!!!

You mean in chronological order?

How did they ever come up with something as game changing as that?

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 31-10-2012, 20:27   #39
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Well, since the previous poster said
Quote:
......,or do a pre-prequel. Now that would be interesting! Going back to the dawn of the Sith!
Context is all - but thanks for the subtle irony....
Old 31-10-2012, 23:16   #40
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Saw this on George Takei's facebook page

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Epic Fail

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
This news is somewhat unbelievable. I'm not sure it's good news or not.

For one thing, the saga is essentially over. Both Luke's and Anakin's journeys are complete; what more is there to tell? Unless they're going to adapt one or more of the novels, or do a pre-prequel. Now that would be interesting! Going back to the dawn of the Sith!
Luke story hadn't finished, he could go on to train more Jedi.

Han & Leah have kids
Old 01-11-2012, 00:14   #41
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Saw this on George Takei's facebook page

Epic Fail
It's not a fail at all. It's a t-shirt to buy. Deliberately to wind up fans.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:39   #42
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

With Disney buying Star Wars, Donald Duck will now have four nephews. Huey, Louie, Dewey and Chewie.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

In the new Disney Star Wars the baddies will waddle and talk with a lisp.

They've gone over to the Duck side.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:42   #43
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
With Disney buying Star Wars, Donald Duck will now have four nephews. Huey, Louie, Dewey and Chewie.

---------- Post added at 10:39 ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 ----------

In the new Disney Star Wars the baddies will waddle and talk with a lisp.

They've gone over to the Duck side.
Now you are taking the Mickey
Old 01-11-2012, 11:49   #44
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
/COLOR]

Luke story hadn't finished, he could go on to train more Jedi.

Han & Leah have kids
Next you'll be suggesting that one of those kids turns out to be a sith and gets killed by the other..

Yep I'm a big fan of the star wars novels (currently reading Mercy Kill) and first thing in my head when I heard the news was which book sequence will they follow? If they went for the Yuuzhan Vong invasion spread over 3 films then they could use the original actors as they'd all be about the right age (not gonna imagine though how many kids would be in tears when one of the main fluffy characters gets killed)

Talking of kids and Star wars I was 8 when the original film came out and I remember sat there in a cinema in South Africa staring at this wonderful universe unfolding.. I think it shaped my film choices over the years and although in the late 90's Ep1 was dreadful and the series was only slightly redeemed by Ep2 it did eventually get back on track with the 3rd film.

I'm looking forward to what they may come up with
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 14:28   #45
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

I'd say this is the best that could've happened to the Star Wars franchise.

Disney knows how to retain character's integrities,they know merchandise,they have experience with franchises and have the financial clout to take SW to the next level.
Having secured the rights to George's outlines for Episodes 7-9 is also very good news.Lucas staying on as a creative consultant means that these news instalments will feel like SW movies.

Also being a fan of Avatar,and seeing that as the 21st Century SW,I'm obviously very happy with the fact that there are now 2 great SyFy franchises to look forward to

I will also predict right now that 2015 will break all BO records:

Star Wars Episode 7 3D
Avengers 2 3D

The year the Box Office exploded.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote