Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?
View Poll Results: Sky Atlantic v BT Sport.
Sky Atlantic. 20 23.81%
BT Sport. 56 66.67%
Not bothered either way 8 9.52%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-10-2017, 22:16   #16
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Would you prefer to have Sky Atlantic instead of BT Sport in Full House/XL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If Sky Atlantic replaced BT sport my TiVo would get thrown out of the window with the Ashes coming up !
Can get Sky Atlantic, via Sky Go, mostly imported US crap. Think the only thing I've watched on is Alan Partridge. It's an irrelevant question anyway , the whole point of the channel is that it's for Sky customers.
I was told yonks ago that Sky did offer it to VM, but at a hugely inflated price than the norm for non premium channels. IIRC it was something like 17/18p per customer per week as opposed to the normal 2/3p. Sounds trivial, but it's a lot when added together for each VM customer.

Maybe Sky have relented as their costs have increased and subscriber base has plateaued and VM have agreed to use the money saved from BT Sport to appease customers in providing the only major channel missing from the platform??

I remember when Sky asked for silly money to keep all their basic channels on VM, then, when anyone serious about defecting to Sky would have done so, they played ball with VM again.

Maybe it's the same with SA?

By the looks of things so far, it looks like most people would prefer to keep BT Sport in Full House, but BT may not be giving VM the choice either by vetoing it or asking for too much money for it to be feasible to continue with the present arrangement.

The additional rumour may be because BT are attempting to encourage customers to pay a standalone subscription by throwing in Boxnation and AMC.

A quick Google shows that on VM BT Sport is £18 per month and Boxnation is £11 per month, so Boxnation subscribers would be paying £7 extra for all the BT Sport channels and AMC which isn't too bad.

However, those who wanted to keep BT Sport (perhaps BT are relying on people being used to having it now) would have to pay £18 for Boxnation & AMC- not so good. I suppose that they could get this figure down by moving down from Full House if 'free' BT Sport was their only reason for taking the top package.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 17-10-2017 at 22:20.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2017, 22:40   #17
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

If BT sport was withdrawn I would just downgrade package; SA isn't a substitute, different audience. I also wouldn't pay extra for BT Sport as a premium channel, It's a nice but not essential extra . BT and VM could shoot themselves in the foot over this with a massive loss of viewers and subscriptions. The only other thing going for XL is HD channels, even that I could live without as the main channels HD are on freeview now.
Suspect this is one of those rumours that won't happen, as it doesn't make sense.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 00:13   #18
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

It is a completely different genre and it might prompt people to leave or downgrade if true, but it might also attract new customers and encourage existing customers to upgrade who wouldn't do so with SA being present.

I was just trying to gauge what people would think if it happened, but if CF members are anything to go by it looks like it would be a bad move by VM/BT.

It would be interesting to see if the figures would be significantly different if those able to get SA via a borrowed account etc were unable to do so.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 06:51   #19
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I've yet to meet anyone who cares about SA.

Aside from Game of Thrones, there isnt a single programme on it I watch.

It could cease broadcasting tomorrow and no tears would be shed here.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 10:04   #20
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

I have to agree, I stream SA via NOWTV just for GOT, when it finishes I cancel. There are other good shows on the channel, but nothing that bothers me. I never bother looking to see what's on it. Once GOT finishes it may not be in demand as much.

Netflix for me is the winner for content, in my house anyway!

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

I wouldn't increase my subscription(Mix TV) with VM to get it, should it become available.
nicknewark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 11:07   #21
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
I have to agree, I stream SA via NOWTV just for GOT, when it finishes I cancel. There are other good shows on the channel, but nothing that bothers me. I never bother looking to see what's on it. Once GOT finishes it may not be in demand as much.

Netflix for me is the winner for content, in my house anyway!

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 ----------

I wouldn't increase my subscription(Mix TV) with VM to get it, should it become available.
I do the same. There is nothing other than GOT worth watching on SA. I voted not bothered to be honest but BT sport does have the edge over SA.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 12:48   #22
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

There's loads of good stuff on the Now TV entertainment pack from Sky Atlantic! What kind of stuff do you guys watch?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 12:59   #23
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
There's loads of good stuff on the Now TV entertainment pack from Sky Atlantic! What kind of stuff do you guys watch?
A broad range of TV one would say.
Old 18-10-2017, 14:40   #24
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I've yet to meet anyone who cares about SA.

Aside from Game of Thrones, there isnt a single programme on it I watch.

It could cease broadcasting tomorrow and no tears would be shed here.

You ever tried Ray Donovan, Billions? those are just two excellent series on Atlantic, I'm sure OB could add other series to those two.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 14:53   #25
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I watch quite a bit off Sky Atlantic over the course of a year that said if Sky were ever to include it only in a higher bundle I certainly wouldn't pay anymore.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 15:12   #26
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
You ever tried Ray Donovan, Billions? those are just two excellent series on Atlantic, I'm sure OB could add other series to those two.
Still not amounting to much when you compare it to the sport on offer on BT Sport...
Old 18-10-2017, 15:27   #27
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
You ever tried Ray Donovan, Billions? those are just two excellent series on Atlantic
No interest in Billions at all.
Ray Donovan - I watched a couple a few years ago, it was borderline ok.
If I had nothing else at all to watch, i'd probably watch it. but thats never likely to happen (same for CSI btw).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 15:30   #28
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

I detest sport, so was livid when VM decided we ALL wanted it and put up ALL our monthly bills.

It should have been an opt-in extra.

But Sky Atlantic? Nothing on there I'd like to watch. I'd rather have a lower bill.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 15:35   #29
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

I voted BT Sport, but I would prefer to have cheaper bills and decide myself whether I really require BT Sport. Most of my sporting requirements are covered by Sky Sports and Eurosport.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 20:05   #30
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
The SA programmes currently listed in the 'dramas' section on Now TV:

100 Code
24: Live Another Day
Aquarius
Ballers
Banshee
Billions
Boardwalk Empire
Brotherhood
Californication
Deadwood
Dexter
Dice
Fleming
Fortitude
Gomorrah
Guerilla
HAPPYish
Hit and Miss
I'm Dying Up Here
Love Child
Mad Men
Midnight Sun
Nurse Jackie
Occupied
Oz
Penny Dreadful
Public Enemy
Ray Donovan
Riviera
Sex and the City
Show Me a Hero
Sleeper Cell
The Affair
The Borgias
The Deuce
The Last Panthers
The Leftovers
The Night Of
The Tunnel
The Wire
The Young Pope
Tin Star
True Detective
Twin Peaks
Vice Principals
Westworld

That's what is available on Now TV from Sky Atlantic at the moment, and other popular dramas such as Game of Thrones and Blue Bloods aren't even in that list at the moment.

Of course, not everything Sky Atlantic shows may be your cup of tea, but this list is pretty impressive. I can personally vouch for shows such as 'The Night Of', 'Sleeper Cell', 'The Last Panthers', The Tunnel', 'The Affair' and more. I can only suggest that if there's genuinely only GoT that you are interested in from this list, then dramas aren't really your thing. However, I think some at least of those who post on here that there is nothing on SA that interests them, haven't even looked at the offering.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote