Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problems with Linksys BEFSR41 V3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problems with Linksys BEFSR41 V3

Old 16-02-2006, 17:33   #1
menace13
Inactive

menace13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Problems with Linksys BEFSR41 V3

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Linksys BEFSR41 V3 wired router and my NTL 2MB Broadband connection. Sometimes my Linksys router disconnects both me and my brother, and me and him cannot access the internet? We both have to power down the computers and have to switch both the router and the cable modem off and then wait for like 20 seconds and plug them back in. After all that is done, it works! The thing is, it gets annoying as sometimes I'm downloading a file and it just cuts off. Thanks for your time!
menace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2006, 18:52   #2
inviroman
Inactive

Services: 10 meg cable modem ntl 250
inviroman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problems with Linksys BEFSR41 V3

I have the same router for over a year on the 3mb through stb with no problems with 3 pcs connected have you checked to see if you have the latest firmware or poss its your modem dropping out?
inviroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 19:58   #3
menace13
Inactive

menace13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got the latest firmware 1.500000 or something ( got it from the linksys website) not sure about the modem tbh.
menace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 17:20   #4
Ratspom
Inactive

Ratspom is an unknown quantity at this point

You might have the same problem I'm currently experiencing with my Linksys BEFSR41 v2. I think that for some reason your linksys router is not renewing the DHCP Lease time. Use your web browser to log into the router configuration setup and go to the "status" page if it's like mine you should see a mouse over button at the bottom labled DHCP Renew, simply click on the tab to renew your DHCP lease period.

Hope that helps, as to why it's doing this I've no idea, every 4 days I renew the DHCP lease time.
Ratspom is offline   Reply With Quote