Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Football : Season 08/09

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Football : Season 08/09
Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2009, 23:28   #1981
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football : Season 08/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuxton View Post
The finishes weren't shoddy, what led up to them was. Second one more so, Evra messing about and one of the smallest blokes on the pitch unmarked. First goal was just bad defending.

Seemed like once they scored it kicked the life out of us, we looked shocked and never got over it. There is a bit too much "It'll be Alright on the Night" in us sometimes, luck isn't going to dig you out of the hole everytime, and they looked clueless. I guess this is where we still miss Keane, they spent the rest of the half looking at each other instead of continuing what they had been doing, it was just a question of time before we scored.

Barca on the other hand took full advantage of that and just killed it, pass, pass, pass, pass they never let us compose ourselves from that point on, by not letting us have the ball. First 10 mins aside, it was a perfect performance from them.
Agreed. I dont think you can take anything away from Eto's goal. He had less than a second to decide were to place that ball and I thought his quick thinking lead to a excellent goal.

After that I agree Man-U just seemed to lose all grasp on the game. Baraca seen it and just used it to make Man-u look very poor. Great game well worth watching though.
Advertisement
Old 27-05-2009, 23:29   #1982
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
I think it's funny how suddenly some Man United fans are bitching about Tyldesley's commentary because he's glorified Man United's victorious opponents. He's notorious for his nauseating pro-Man United and Liverpool bias and has been for many years. The man practically orgasms every time the likes of Rooney and co touch the ball. Now the shoe is on the other foot for a night and he's awful.
And I think it's funny how bitter Arsenal fans come on twittering simply because they were given the runaround in the semi's, but hey ho.

I was, of course, referring to Tyldesleys presumption that Barca were head and shoulders above us, when they weren't, in my opinion. It wasn't a rant over Tyldesleys commentary style per se. Do try and keep up.
Old 27-05-2009, 23:34   #1983
kingbuxton
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV/Tinternet/Phone (Home)
kingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quadskingbuxton has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
luck isn't going to dig you out of the hole everytime
I will actually back track on that, cos they hit the post, there was the bit of luck you need and yet we still didn't look like we had a clue as to how to get back in it.
Old 27-05-2009, 23:41   #1984
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Amazing display from Barca.

Man United didn't turn up.
Old 27-05-2009, 23:45   #1985
pedantic
Inactive

pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_07 View Post
Amazing display from Barca.

Man United didn't turn up.
You really think it was amazing? Think maybe I was watching a different game. I thought both teams under performed, Man U more so than Barca. Typical final really...
Old 27-05-2009, 23:49   #1986
SB_07
Inactive

Services: V+ XL/20MB BB.
SB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation eraSB_07 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic View Post
You really think it was amazing? Think maybe I was watching a different game. I thought both teams under performed, Man U more so than Barca. Typical final really...
If both teams didn't turn up then Man United would've won.

Yaya at CB? Sylvinho? Puyol at RB? LOL.
Old 27-05-2009, 23:51   #1987
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Really ? I didnt think Barca under performed at all TBH. Maybe in the first 10 mins but after they scored they were calm and controlled and dictated the rest of the game imho. Maybe there could of been a couple more goals but as an over all performance I dont think you can say it was anything other than great.
Old 27-05-2009, 23:56   #1988
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB_07 View Post
If both teams didn't turn up then Man United would've won.

Yaya at CB? Sylvinho? Puyol at RB? LOL.
Have you been smoking again?

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Really ? I didnt think Barca under performed at all TBH. Maybe in the first 10 mins but after they scored they were calm and controlled and dictated the rest of the game imho. Maybe there could of been a couple more goals but as an over all performance I dont think you can say it was anything other than great.
As I've said in previous posts, at no point during the game did I think Barca played with a "wow" factor. Yes, they were the better side, but not great, in my opinion. Maybe I have high standards.
Old 28-05-2009, 00:02   #1989
Niles Crane
Inactive

Niles Crane has reached the bronze age
Niles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze ageNiles Crane has reached the bronze age

Quote:
And I think it's funny how bitter Arsenal fans come on twittering simply because they were given the runaround in the semi's, but hey ho.

I was, of course, referring to Tyldesleys presumption that Barca were head and shoulders above us, when they weren't, in my opinion. It wasn't a rant over Tyldesleys commentary style per se. Do try and keep up.
After than Arsenal, Barcelona were my next choice to win it, whoever they faced. That's from the beginning of the tournament. So bitter is the last thing i am - especially as i'm used to European defeat, Arsenal wise.

Except they were head and shoulders above you, according to every one who watched the game, apart from you and no doubt a few others who feel the need to cushion the blow of defeat with the same denial.

Though as i chose Sky Sports over ITV because i can't stand their awful football coverage, including their sickening commentators, please forgive me for not being fully in tune with your Tyldesley anger.

As Damien pointed out, the beating you took tonight is very similar to the one you dished out to us.
Old 28-05-2009, 00:03   #1990
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Have you been smoking again?

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

As I've said in previous posts, at no point during the game did I think Barca played with a "wow" factor. Yes, they were the better side, but not great, in my opinion. Maybe I have high standards.
I thought certain players did play with a wow factor but hay if I have lower standards then so be it.
Old 28-05-2009, 00:12   #1991
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

Oh well...we only have the league title to console ourselves with

Like what has been said earlier, the first goal knocked the stuffing out of us and we never recovered. I never thought that I would say this, but I think that we missed Fletcher in midfield to hold things down.
Old 28-05-2009, 00:15   #1992
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Oh well...we only have the league title to console ourselves with
And 3 half-trophies

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 28-05-2009, 00:17   #1993
pedantic
Inactive

Quote:
Except they were head and shoulders above you, according to every one who watched the game, apart from you and no doubt a few others who feel the need to cushion the blow of defeat with the same denial.
Well, I don't bull anyone, I tell it as I see it. If I wanted to cushion the blow, I'd be saying how fantastic Barca were (and how they'd have to be to beat my beloved team) but I didn't. I say it as I see it.

Quote:
Though as i chose Sky Sports over ITV because i can't stand their awful football coverage, including their sickening commentators, please forgive me for not being fully in tune with your Tyldesley anger.
I will agree about the coverage, tonights picture was shocking. Not a first for Itv but hey ho. Don't particularly enjoy sky commentators either.
Old 28-05-2009, 00:28   #1994
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Was it just me that found the lack of a scoreline at the top of the screen on ITV1 more than irritating? The few times I checked on the game as I was racing online at the time it was onscreen twice!
Old 28-05-2009, 08:27   #1995
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

VACANCIES

A bus company in Manchester is looking for a qualified welder.

To replace the roof on a bus.

Closed Thread