Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2013/14 & Summer Window

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2013/14 & Summer Window
Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2013, 13:26   #1021
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Football Season 2013/14 & Summer Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Arsenal have first option and a sell on clause apparently. Presumably token clauses for a player they never thought they would sell again. Hopefully Arsenal utilise them.
I hope they dont as i want him playing for us
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2013, 13:39   #1022
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

He'll either stay at Barca or come back to Arsenal. Theres a massive release clause in his contract for anyone other than Arsenal whom as mentioned have a much much much smaller figure to meet.

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Its all kicking off aint it lol Arsenal have soo many options its crazy to think we'll still screw up.. or is it?!

SSN: Fab news, Suarez, Higuain.

Arsenal right now could sign Fellaini (23m), Fabregas (25m) and Higuain (25m) for 73 odd million. thats an absolute bargain.
Old 15-07-2013, 13:42   #1023
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
He'll either stay at Barca or come back to Arsenal. Theres a massive release clause in his contract for anyone other than Arsenal whom as mentioned have a much much much smaller figure to meet.
I think you will find the figure is £25m so not as small as you think

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote:
SSN: Fab news, Suarez, Higuain.

Arsenal right now could sign Fellaini (23m), Fabregas (25m) and Higuain (25m) for 73 odd million. thats an absolute bargain.
Suarez = I doubt it
Fellaini = Wont happen
Fabregas = Always Possible
Higuain= Possible

so only 2/4 is really possible IMO
Old 15-07-2013, 13:43   #1024
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I think you will find the figure is £25m so not as small as you think
I think you'll find £25m for Fab is small in todays market. It was reported when this all kicked off a month or so ago that any other club would have to trigger his release clause of 200 odd m euros

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...-Cesc-Fabregas

even that as a comparison is small!
Old 15-07-2013, 13:43   #1025
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
One Manchester United fan has been quick to celebrate the possible arrival of Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas.

The midfielder's Wikipedia page has been updated to incorrectly state.

"On the 17th of July Cesc moved to sunny Manchester, and was quoted as saying "it is good to be playing for a team in England where I can actually win things".
Lol.
Old 15-07-2013, 13:45   #1026
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Suarez = I doubt it
Fellaini = Wont happen
Fabregas = Always Possible
Higuain= Possible

so only 2/4 is really possible IMO
Suarez wants CL. He didn't kill off the interest from Arsenal even though he previously said he wants to go abroad because of the press. That says it all really. Fellaini wont happen? why?
Old 15-07-2013, 13:47   #1027
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Suarez wants CL. He didn't kill off the interest from Arsenal even though he previously said he wants to go abroad because of the press. That says it all really. Fellaini wont happen? why?
Its just what i think. I just cant see Suarez or Fellaini going to Arsenal. Also i dont think Liverpool will sell Suarez to Arsenal as they will be trying for top 4 as well
Old 15-07-2013, 13:49   #1028
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
Its just what i think. I just cant see Suarez or Fellaini going to Arsenal. Also i dont think Liverpool will sell Suarez to Arsenal as they will be trying for top 4 as well
Liverpool wont have a choice if Arsenal trigger his release clause of 40m
Old 15-07-2013, 13:52   #1029
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

We'll only get two of the four I think. If we got Fabregas I don't see us going for Fellaini even if they play different positions. More likely it would free up Arteta and Wilshere to play as defensive midfielders.

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:49 ----------

Quote:
Fellaini I see happening if we paid the money. Why not? He has a release clause and we'll offer Champions League football and higher wages, no one else seems to be in for him. Suarez is difficult as Liverpool won't want to sell and £40 million is a bit much, if that is actually his release clause - no one has confirmed that.
Old 15-07-2013, 13:53   #1030
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Don't believe everything (if anything) you read in the red tops
Old 15-07-2013, 13:54   #1031
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Quote:
We'll only get two of the four I think. If we got Fabregas I don't see us going for Fellaini even if they play different positions. More likely it would free up Arteta and Wilshere to play as defensive midfielders.

Fellaini I see happening if we paid the money. Why not? He has a release clause and we'll offer Champions League football and higher wages, no one else seems to be in for him. Suarez is difficult as Liverpool won't want to sell and £40 million is a bit much, if that is actually his release clause - no one has confirmed that.
I guess we will have to wait. Time will tell
Old 15-07-2013, 13:55   #1032
thenry
Inactive

Quote:
I hope thats not true. Arteta is ageing and Jack isnt a DM. There was talk of Wenger wanting to turn Rambo into a DM although evidence of that is nowhere to be seen and reality goes against that with Wenger pushing Ramsey to attack or play in a free role. We don't have a DM and Wenger must know we need one. Frimpong has lost his way.
Old 15-07-2013, 13:55   #1033
nstokes
Inactive

Ashley Westwood signs new 4 year deal at Aston Villa
Old 15-07-2013, 13:57   #1034
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I hope thats not true. Arteta is ageing and Jack isnt a DM. There was talk of Wenger wanting to turn Rambo into a DM although evidence of that is nowhere to be seen and reality goes against that with Wenger pushing Ramsey to attack or play in a free role. We don't have a DM and Wenger must know we need one. Frimpong has lost his way.
Yes there's no way Wilshere is a DM and ever since Song they have not had a DM and to perfectly honest he was not that good at it as well.
Old 15-07-2013, 13:58   #1035
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
We could push Vermaelen up as well. This is only in the event we buy Fabregas anyway.
Closed Thread