Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 13:53   #841
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Forza 5 (with the Xbox) and Watch_Dogs
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2013, 16:13   #842
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Just under 7 weeks to go till we get our hands on 1 of these, anyone else looking forward to it?

The games i will own for launch will be, Forza 5(comes with Xbox), Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed 4, how about everyone else?
I can't wait , forza and cod for me , was thinking of bf4 but after playing the beta on the 360 I've been seriously put off !!!!!

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Hmm forgot about watch dogs !!, maybe cod and watch dogs
Old 05-10-2013, 16:31   #843
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
I can't wait , forza and cod for me , was thinking of bf4 but after playing the beta on the 360 I've been seriously put off !!!!!

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Hmm forgot about watch dogs !!, maybe cod and watch dogs
I tried BF4 on a real Xbox One for 10 mins, i am now looking forward to it more than i was before, it was awesome, it is said to feel like a different game on the X1.

I won't waste anymore money on my 360 now and i never bothered downloading the BF4 beta as i didn't want to spoil it.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 18:51   #844
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

May have already said but I've given up on both for at least a year. I have a PC twice or even 3 times as good as a console so you may understand the reasons but it isn't just that. I feel like it's just not up to this next generation hype and it won't be for at the very least a year. I play competitive gaming so I'm very critical of the way games play and look. I had a shot on Forza 5 and in my own and very honest opinion it's hardly that much of an improvement on 4. It feels and looks identical. It plays the same and aside from drivatar its generally an updated Forza 4. This is the only game I've played though so it's strictly limited to that.

It's a shame because I love the gears series and Xbox Live has been the home of my online gaming since the original Xbox. Again though people ranted about Microsoft making huge changes and I liked them. My console is hooked 24/7 so I couldn't have cared less about online checks. Microsoft were shaping the next gen of gaming until some brats and Sony fanboys went ape. We're now stuck with two updated consoles that are really nothing spectacular. I'm up for change. I'm tired of the same thing. These aren't iphones so Microsoft should have pressed on and lead the way. I want new stuff like the current VR prototypes. A console with a built in capture card. Not some average twitch feature that's useless. I want to see them make more deals with Blizzard. Bring WoW back to its glory days utilising consoles. Basically I want risks and new and exciting things.
Old 05-10-2013, 20:41   #845
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

I'm looking forward to it
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 20:45   #846
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I'm looking forward to it
What will be the games you buy on release?
Old 05-10-2013, 20:52   #847
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

FIFA 14, Forza, CoD:Ghosts. I pre ordered FIFA before they bundled it with the console, so I don't want to risk losing out on my order
Old 05-10-2013, 20:56   #848
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
FIFA 14, Forza, CoD:Ghosts. I pre ordered FIFA before they bundled it with the console, so I don't want to risk losing out on my order
So you canceled your Fifa pre order? otherwise you will end up with 2 copies of the game which is pointless?

I basically changed my console order to come with Forza instead.
Old 05-10-2013, 20:59   #849
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

No I've kept it as it was originally, tbh the servers are going to be hammered the first day with people downloading, so I thought it would be best to have the disc based copy instead
Old 05-10-2013, 21:02   #850
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
No I've kept it as it was originally, tbh the servers are going to be hammered the first day with people downloading, so I thought it would be best to have the disc based copy instead
Nah do yourself a favour and dump the disk version, it is a serious waste of money and pointless having both and you have other games to play while it is downloading so it isn't a problem.

You will prefer to have the digital version of Fifa if you play it alot too, so cancel it and order a different game you want.

Just my opinion though.
Old 05-10-2013, 21:03   #851
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

I'd have to cancel the other two as well, as they are part of the same order
Old 05-10-2013, 21:05   #852
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I'd have to cancel the other two as well, as they are part of the same order
To save yourself £50 surely the sensible and obvious thing to do would be to cancel the disk based orders and order them again right away.

Usually you can cancel part of the order if it is Amazon and other companies anyway, at worst it is just a phone call if you can't do it online.

Sorry for going on but you can see it is a huge waste when you can get another game for your money.
Old 05-10-2013, 21:15   #853
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Scratch that, done it
Old 05-10-2013, 21:18   #854
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Scratch that, done it
Well done saving yourself £50, did you manage to keep the other disk orders?
Old 05-10-2013, 21:21   #855
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Yep I did, cancelled FIFA and ordered Watch_Dogs instead