Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless Hell!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless Hell!

Old 18-01-2009, 11:06   #16
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M
Re: Wireless Hell!

If you are using a router you DO NOT use the Virgin Disc, it will have 0 effect and only ever possibly needs using once when the service is first installed. Try uninstalling the wireless card in device manager and rebooting, this will reload the drivers for it resetting any settings that go with it, allowing you to reconnect to the wireless network and re-entering the key etc. I find most of the time this fixes these sorts of problems HTH q
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2009, 11:15   #17
chownsie
Inactive

chownsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Internal! Have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated drivers, and deleted from network and started from scratch!!!! NOTHING!

Could it be viral?
chownsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 11:19   #18
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by chownsie View Post
Internal! Have uninstalled and reinstalled, updated drivers, and deleted from network and started from scratch!!!! NOTHING!

Could it be viral?
Doubt it, though it could be an overprotective firewall, have seen that happen before. Are you using anything other than the windows firewall?
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 11:24   #19
chownsie
Inactive

Have zonealarm and AVG running, bur running just as it was before all this happened!
Old 18-01-2009, 11:28   #20
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

You could try uninstalling ZA.

But you must download the removal toll from there site otherwise your computer will get no conection as ZA will think it has be removed by dodgy means.

It is a good safety feature, but a pain when you want to remove it.
Old 18-01-2009, 11:29   #21
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by chownsie View Post
Have zonealarm and AVG running, bur running just as it was before all this happened!
In my experience with Zone Alarm that means nothing.

For your wireless are you using windows networking or manufacturer supplied config utility?
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 11:39   #22
chownsie
Inactive

SORTED!!!!!! I dont know what happened....but I was continually trying to connect to the original wireless network, with the networks original name and password. I changed to a new name and password, and it's woking like a dream! I Wander why the old network name quit? Could somebody have tapped into it?

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE! I've learn't tons in the last twelve hours!
Old 18-01-2009, 12:59   #23
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

if you had the default name running then i wouldnt be surprised if some ones got the same router as you near by
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote