Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Problem... Any Help??

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Problem... Any Help??

Old 23-10-2006, 20:49   #1
xkennyx
Inactive

Services: XL Broadband, XL TV & Phone.
xkennyx is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem... Any Help??

Hi All.

I Have A Linksys WRT54GS Router and a Belkin 802.11g Wireless Card. When I Surf the internet on the wireless computer i do not get a full connection of 10MB. iv had this problem for a few weeks now, i used to be able to hit a 9.8MB connection when running the speed test on here. anyone got any ideas at all??? iv tried channel changing to no avail and the maximum iv got when downloading from gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk is around 500kbps.

Much Appreciated

Kenny Pester
xkennyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2006, 20:53   #2
Wicked_and_Crazy
cf.mega poster

Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Wicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny starWicked_and_Crazy has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Wicked_and_Crazy Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked_and_Crazy
Re: Problem... Any Help??

is the same if you use a cabled connection?

what area of the counry are you in?
Wicked_and_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 20:56   #3
xkennyx
Inactive

When i use the cabled computer downstairs i get a normal 10mb connection.

Im In Plymouth. Iv checked with the status.blueyonder.co.uk and there seems to be no problems.

Kenny
Old 23-10-2006, 21:00   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

If you get full speed with a cable and not wirelessly then I doubt if it's a problem with BY
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 21:04   #5
xkennyx
Inactive

Yes I Know, thats why i am trying to figure out whats wrong with my wireless computer. i used to be able to get full 9.8MB speeds. iv got a program called CFOSspeed which Shapes traffic for a faster connection. without this i am stuck with less than a 1mb connection.

Kenny
Old 23-10-2006, 21:19   #6
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars

Have you removed your setup for your wireless, removed drivers, rebooted and reinstalled the software etc? Also have you checked what is using your connection when it is live?
Could drop to a cmd box and type
netstat /a
and see what shows up.
Also are you running any software firewalls etc?
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2006, 21:29   #7
xkennyx
Inactive

Iv re-installed drivers, re installed hardware. disabled the wireless zero config. im just about to do a netstat now and will give you results. im just running windows firewall.