Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems

The Xbox One Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 14:58   #1741
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

I got one.

One niggle if I have been watching TV and want to play on the X1 and say "Xbox On" it turns the XBox on and the TV off.
Old 01-02-2014, 15:05   #1742
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I got one.

One niggle if I have been watching TV and want to play on the X1 and say "Xbox On" it turns the XBox on and the TV off.
That is strange i tend to disable the TV off setting as i don't like leaving the TV in stand by.
Old 01-02-2014, 19:02   #1743
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I got one.

The TV remote command for on is the same as off.

The Xbox One thinks it's turning your TV on, but because it is already on it turns it off. MS probably don't consider it an issue, as they want you to do *everything* via the X1 and so assume the TV will never be on without the X1 also being on.

There is a setting to disable the TV control, so that "Xbox On" only turns on the X1.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 19:14   #1744
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I haven't had that issue even though it will turn my TV on when it's off... It sounds like it may not of detected your TV properly or it wasn't calibrated properly.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 20:32   #1745
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I doubt it's to do with calibration.

The remote code for on is the same as for off. That's why TV remotes, Sky remotes, etc. only have one single power button - the code is the same for both functions, and the remote itself never knows if the device is already on or off, it just sends the same code.

Just like a remote, the X1 does not know if the TV is already on or off and simply send the same power code. If the TV is on, it turns off. If the TV is off, it turns on.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:46   #1746
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

How do I video chat via Skype?

I cannot find my friend on it, and I get the impression it what's to charge me for using it.
Old 03-02-2014, 16:54   #1747
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
How do I video chat via Skype?

I cannot find my friend on it, and I get the impression it what's to charge me for using it.
Skype contact to skype contact is free.

You need a skype named account, as does your friend.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 20:18   #1748
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Is anyone having problems with party chat?

Me and a friend cannot talk but join a party
Old 03-02-2014, 20:38   #1749
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Check both your nat types in network settings , if both aren't open it can cause issues and sorry to state the obvious but have you turned party chat on after joining ?
Old 03-02-2014, 21:06   #1750
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:

I thought that *everyone* had problems with Party Chat on the X1!
Old 03-02-2014, 21:12   #1751
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I thought that *everyone* had problems with Party Chat on the X1!
I had problems until the first patch for bf4 , not a single problem since (apart from the fact it's a pain in the backside and clunky to set up) , do you still get issues ?
Old 03-02-2014, 23:15   #1752
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Check both your nat types in network settings , if both aren't open it can cause issues and sorry to state the obvious but have you turned party chat on after joining ?
It was OK on Sat & Sun, it fails went you try and turn on party chat, surely it should turn it on by default

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

Using game chat sounded like we were underwater
Old 03-02-2014, 23:57   #1753
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
I had problems until the first patch for bf4 , not a single problem since (apart from the fact it's a pain in the backside and clunky to set up) , do you still get issues ?
I haven't actually bothered with it in ages 'cos it was so awkward.

Quote:
It was OK on Sat & Sun, it fails went you try and turn on party chat, surely it should turn it on by default
Well, you'd think that logically party chat would be enabled by default when you join or start a party, given that the whole point of a party is to use party chat.

Of course, MS didn't see it that way when it created the current incarnation of party chat on the X1, and for some bizarre reason decided to make it so you had to turn party chat on every time...
Old 04-02-2014, 03:36   #1754
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Try quitting your game and then turn party chat on. I've had issues like that before. Not having it turned on by default is a very idiotic decision. One of many that MS has made...
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 15:17   #1755
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Major Dashboard update next weekend. Finally management storage is coming oh and battery indicator will be there.

http://www.totalxbox.com/70715/next-...t-and-details/

nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote