Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:52   #286
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I had the xbox 360 since day one, I've never had a PS2 or PS3 and from what I've seen so far with the restrictions in place for the new xbox I think I will be opting for the PS4 this time around. Sorry M$, the price isn't a factor but you've over done with the DRM I'm afraid.
Yeah. I had a PS2, then an Xbox 360 as my main console (got PS3 for Last of Us recently) and I wanted to keep Xbox going purely because I have all the achievements and stuff but even the cost I would swallow but not the used game and compulsory internet connection thing. I can't believe how badly Microsoft have handled this.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2013, 08:53   #287
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
A lot of this stuff is only just being revealed. I think Microsoft have messed up bad with the amount of restrictions and asking you to pay more for them.
It's bad for us but it's clever for them as explained above. Publishers will be jumping at the chance to make more money.. hint at EA.

There's no true winner though in terms of sales.. there never is, both consoles will ship an equal amount give or take a few million just like the current gen. Microsoft will get a head start granted but Sony will have a better launch this time round. Each have their exclusives and whilst I preferred the Xbox exclusives there's someone else out there that liked the PS ones. In summary both consoles will sell and that's that. The jumped up hype and arguments will continue around the world but at the end of it both companies will make millions and millions.

So let's get onto something that isn't going round in a circle and that we can all enjoy... again not EA, their conference was pants.

Ubisoft! the best at E3 by a mile, The Division and Watch Dogs just look sensational. AC IV: Black Flag. Awesome lineup, the map in the crew just looks truly amazing and the customization...
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56   #288
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Wondering to myself how many out there will eventually fork out for BOTH?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:57   #289
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Wondering to myself how many out there will eventually fork out for BOTH?
I did with the Xbox 360 and PS3 and ended up selling the PS3 as I never used it. I felt Xbox was the best console for me to use online and that was the biggest factor for me.

Cancel that battle between PES and FIFA, FIFA takes it for another year after Konami announce PES won't release on Next Gen this year. Here's to another year of bug riddled, disconnecting for EA server's and 'Impact Engine' magic.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:07   #290
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
It's bad for us but it's clever for them as explained above. Publishers will be jumping at the chance to make more money.. hint at EA.

There's no true winner though in terms of sales.. there never is, both consoles will ship an equal amount give or take a few million just like the current gen. Microsoft will get a head start granted but Sony will have a better launch this time round. Each have their exclusives and whilst I preferred the Xbox exclusives there's someone else out there that liked the PS ones. In summary both consoles will sell and that's that. The jumped up hype and arguments will continue around the world but at the end of it both companies will make millions and millions.
They might do but it's not a given. Microsoft should ditch the used game thing right now. I certainly think Sony could do quite well at the expense of Microsoft.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:11   #291
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
They might do but it's not a given. Microsoft should ditch the used game thing right now. I certainly think Sony could do quite well at the expense of Microsoft.
They could yet do that, if Microsoft went and matched the PS4's price and removed all restrictions I think a Nuclear war may break out.

Nah, I believe Microsoft will pull the plug on the restrictions soon, It's believable that they assumed Sony would follow suit if they did it first and it just didn't happen. so it's a 50/50 gamble.

Publishers could favour MS in hopes of making more money, there's also the possibility that the Xbox could flop and the PS4 would prosper meaning Publishers aren't on the greener grass anyway.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:11   #292
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig

New 360 and PS4 on shopping list though no hurry to buy but 1 won't be the majority of our game buys are preowned and we sell on the new stuff quite often unless its really good . Can't see the 1 ever coming in the door unless Sky are going to use it as a set top box
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:15   #293
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post

Publishers could favour MS in hopes of making more money, there's also the possibility that the Xbox could flop and the PS4 would prosper meaning Publishers aren't on the greener grass anyway.
Publishers could favour MS but retailers would push PS4 IMO.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:46   #294
tizmeinnit

The Xbox one will now be £299 I bet ya and the restrictions dropped. They have months to sort this and most likely if they have a brain between them have policies in place to implement the change quickly to the software
Old 11-06-2013, 09:57   #295
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Was so eager to grab the xbox yesterday and now I'm feeling like I don't want either, the only thing that attracted me were the exclusives. I may just be better off forking out the extra few hundred for a GTX 780 and just sticking to PC.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:08   #296
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Has anyone changed their view of which console they want now?
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:13   #297
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Has anyone changed their view of which console they want now?
Nope, i still want the Xbox One. Only £36 more than PS4
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:28   #298
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

It'll be months after release of both consoles before i make up my mind though, to see which 1 has the better quality games, if they have a difference.

What has put me off the X1 is the DRM, kinect plugged in, used games restriction, Need to connect to the internet once every 24hrs.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:34   #299
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I might pre-order a One in case they get rid of all the restrictions but otherwise it's PS4
Old 11-06-2013, 12:00   #300
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Yes if MS got rid of the restrictions and the games quality was as good as the PS4 if there was a difference, then i would get an X1.

However i can't see them doing that.