Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 11:50   #931
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Totally

What some angry people cannot differentiate between is the distinction in accepting the result of leaving and that of accepting that deal on how we leave is not a preordained Hard Brexit.

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 ----------

I think this constant childish insulting should stop .. now.

- no more sniping comments aimed at people who voted Remain
- no more sniping comments aimed at people who voted Leave
- no more pejorative insults based on how someone voted
- agreement that both sides lied
- agreement that we have decided to Leave but not on how we Leave
- agreement that people have have valid alternate opinions
- and anything else i have missed

I'm in ..

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

if you agree to pay £50 bn up front i may consider it
Old 02-04-2017, 11:57   #932
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
have you considered chamomile tea -its good at calming you down and may assist in bringing up that bile that's troubling you ,we put up with your way for over 40 years sit back and enjoy the next 40 and above all keep calm .
I guess you have sort of admitted that you did not accept the democratic vote and moreover, supported a campaign to overturn this democratic vote.

Something you have now determined is unacceptable .. do you not see the problem with this?

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Quote:
if you agree to pay £50 bn up front i may consider it
So that is Smurf for no then?
Old 02-04-2017, 12:13   #933
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
I'd like to buy that man a drink
Old 02-04-2017, 12:30   #934
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I guess you have sort of admitted that you did not accept the democratic vote and moreover, supported a campaign to overturn this democratic vote.

Something you have now determined is unacceptable .. do you not see the problem with this?

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

So that is Smurf for no then?
no one voted for what the EU turned into .do you not see the problem with this

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
I'd like to buy that man a drink
as would i .
Old 02-04-2017, 12:37   #935
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
have you considered chamomile tea -its good at calming you down and may assist in bringing up that bile that's troubling you ,we put up with your way for over 40 years sit back and enjoy the next 40 and above all keep calm .
Some folks get a bit confused about a referendum on joining a small trading block and one about staying in what has long since morphed into a single state obsessed union of 28 disparate nations, nothing like the organisation we were asked if we wanted to join 40 over years ago. The FACT is that the usual suspects had no complaints about the process until their side lost and now they're just clutching at straws showing themselves to be the sort of people they've become used to deriding over the years. They like democracy when it yields what they want but aren't so keen when it bites them in the political bum. They have form too - remember those other referenda which yielded results they didn't like and needed to be overturned. That's the 'democracy' they prefer - the one in which they get their way.

After 40 years of experience at the hands of 'Europe' the UK voted to leave the EU - FACT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post

Just love that.

Last edited by Osem; 02-04-2017 at 12:56.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:37   #936
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
- agreement that we have decided to Leave but not on how we Leave

Sorry, No.

Taking back control of: Borders, Laws, Taxes and the ability to make our own trade deals with non EU countries, defines how we leave, and equates to a hard Brexit.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:45   #937
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Sorry, No.

Taking back control of: Borders, Laws, Taxes and the ability to make our own trade deals with non EU countries, defines how we leave, and equates to a hard Brexit.

Yeah but we don't want to leave the EU...

Old 02-04-2017, 13:24   #938
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Some folks get a bit confused about a referendum on joining a small trading block and one about staying in what has long since morphed into a single state obsessed union of 28 disparate nations, nothing like the organisation we were asked if we wanted to join 40 over years ago. The FACT is that the usual suspects had no complaints about the process until their side lost and now they're just clutching at straws showing themselves to be the sort of people they've become used to deriding over the years. They like democracy when it yields what they want but aren't so keen when it bites them in the political bum. They have form too - remember those other referenda which yielded results they didn't like and needed to be overturned. That's the 'democracy' they prefer - the one in which they get their way.

After 40 years of experience at the hands of 'Europe' the UK voted to leave the EU - FACT!

Just love that.
You have made the same old point thousands of times as naseum. You need to move on as the rest of us have.

I guess you are not signing up to the new charter of openness and friendliness then

Cheer up, it's sunny outside ..

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Sorry, No.

Got to disagree

We could agree a deal where we allow the City to keep the passporting for a fix annual sum for example. We could agree a lot of things that are in the best interests of the country .. it's called negotiation and compromise.
Old 02-04-2017, 13:26   #939
RizzyKing

Ianch the 1975 vote was purely for a trading bloc and if the political union that we ended up with had been on the vote we wouldn't have voted for it back then, it's the number 1 thing i constantly heard from people who voted in 75 including a few who voted to join the EEC.

Old 02-04-2017, 14:10   #940
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
no one voted for what the EU turned into .do you not see the problem with this:shrug.
I did!

Quote:
as would i .
I've spent my beer money buying that leave-voting Spanish hairdresser a couple of San Miguels. Gina Miller is a good cause too but a bit out of my price bracket!
Old 02-04-2017, 14:14   #941
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I did!
got a time machine have you -how could you know what was coming and what it would turn out like ?

I've spent my beer money buying that leave-voting Spanish hairdresser a couple of San Miguels. Gina Miller is a good cause too but a bit out of my price bracket!
gina who
Old 02-04-2017, 14:31   #942
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I did!
I don't see how.

Quote:
The question facing voters was, “Do you think the UK should stay in the European Community (Common Market)?” Britons were thus divided into Yes and No camps, as opposed to today’s ‘Leave’ and ‘Remain’.

Link

No mention of a Union there.
Old 02-04-2017, 14:32   #943
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Ianch the 1975 vote was purely for a trading bloc and if the political union that we ended up with had been on the vote we wouldn't have voted for it back then, it's the number 1 thing i constantly heard from people who voted in 75 including a few who voted to join the EEC.
The fact-checkers disagree with your statement that it was just abouit trade.

Quote:
Full Fact The European Community was presented as more than a trade agreement

During the 1975 campaign, membership of the European Community was presented by both the government and the Conservative opposition as relevant to peace, security, and both regional and international development, as well as to trade and economic cooperation.

In 1975 the government set out the aims of the European Community as bringing “together the peoples of Europe”, raising living standards and improving working conditions, promoting growth and boosting world trade. They also set out that the EC would “help the poorest regions of Europe and the rest of the world” and “help maintain peace and freedom”.

In their October 1974 manifesto, the Conservative party outlined the two key ideas behind the EEC as being to maintain security within Europe and to allow European influence in the world, and control over its own affairs, to grow in a world of polarised superpowers.
Old 02-04-2017, 14:52   #944
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

I thought that April fools day was yesterday, and yet:
Theresa May 'would go to war' to defend the sovereignty of Gibraltar
The UK could have no flights to and from Europe after Brexit, Ryanair warns
Old 02-04-2017, 14:58   #945
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Good grief the Telegraph is becoming as bad as the Daily Fail with its cataclysmic headlines.