Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 25-10-2015, 18:14   #10531
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

l am sorry to hear of the death of a loved one Alf.

You must have had a lot of joy seeing his daughter get married Alf.
Old 25-10-2015, 19:40   #10532
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I cooked my first roast dinner tonight. It was bloody brilliant even if I do say so myself. Wonder if 31 is too late to consider a change into catering?
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2015, 20:59   #10533
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
excellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Sorry to hear you were in hospital Osem take care and get well soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Just take one day at a time Osem and l am sure things will improve pain wise for you gradually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
Take Care Osem Nd you will be fighting fit,
Cheers guys. Gradually feeling more comfortable and it's soooo good to be home and able to get some sleep in my own bed. A couple of weeks taking things and bit easy and I ought to be a lot better I'm led to believe.

Sadly, my old man's on morphine now and gradually fading away as his appetite is gone. He's up and about and I've told him he must eat to keep the calories going in even if he's not hungry but he can't seem to understand that he's effectively starving himself. Mum was admitted to A&E while I was in there and we still have no idea what's wrong with her. Who knows if either will make Christmas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Sort of a bitter sweet post.
We buried my uncle on Thursday and Saturday watched his daugher get married.
Sorry to hear this mate. Bitter sweet! At least my parents have had a very good innings.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2015, 11:28   #10534
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Sort of a bitter sweet post.
We buried my uncle on Thursday and Saturday watched his daugher get married.
Sad day and happy day
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 19:23   #10535
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I'm a lucky boy. I was on the bus earlier, and put my phone down on the seat next to me as I put my earphones away and then forgot to pick it up when getting off. Called Arriva and told them what I'd done, and the driver had handed it in as soon as he got back to the bus station to someone going back to the depot.

I'd put a lock screen on it so nobody could get into my phone. They arranged to give it to a driver who was coming back up to where I lived and told me what time the bus would be there. The driver had it in the cab with him. I was so thankful and offered him money or something for bringing it back. He waved the offer away and said don't worry about it. I tried again and he again refused. Great customer service from them.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 12:39   #10536
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My mum could be coming home tomorrow or Sunday. She will be initially staying at my sisters.

Best of all Saturday is my nephews 12th birthday
Old 30-10-2015, 12:43   #10537
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

That excellent news Hom3r.
Old 30-10-2015, 12:47   #10538
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My mum could be coming home tomorrow or Sunday. She will be initially staying at my sisters.

Fantastic news Hom3r.
Old 30-10-2015, 13:51   #10539
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Excellent news for you all, Hope you Mum stays well,
Old 30-10-2015, 14:10   #10540
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Good stuff
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2015, 14:24   #10541
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Yes good news indeed - makes a nice change to all the doom and gloom...

My mum's back home too now and seems a bit better but I still have no idea what's wrong with her. as they don't seem to have found anything significant. I guess that's good news anyway...
Old 31-10-2015, 03:18   #10542
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Excellent
Old 31-10-2015, 16:32   #10543
Osem
Inactive

Well we've been winning some bling at the world gymnastic championships after decades of getting nowhere in a sport which used to be dominated by E. European nations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gymnastics/34688610

Old 01-11-2015, 10:13   #10544
Osem
Inactive

The sun's bright, the sky's blue and we're looking forward to a day out and about then the some respite when Osem Jnr #2 heads back to school. He's a lovely lad but it's impossible to relax with him around so roll on Monday.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:38   #10545
nashville
nashville

Good news Osem, lovely morning here, just put the washing machine out then they can get a good blow,