Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Online Safety Bill

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Northern Lights UK - post your photos

Old Yesterday, 21:46   #1
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Northern Lights UK - post your photos

Did anyone see the Northern lights last night as it's said to be viewable across the whole of the UK?

I missed it but it should be viewable from 22:30 this evening if the sky's are clear.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68995042

Post your pictures if you managed to see.
Old Yesterday, 21:59   #2
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Northern Lights UK - post your photos

I got a few decent photos in central Scotland last night in my garden. With a not so great Android phone I might add. A few friends got quite spectacular efforts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_4857.jpeg (59.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4855.jpeg (63.3 KB, 19 views)
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:02   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I got a few decent photos in central Scotland last night in my garden. With a not so great Android phone I might add. A few friends got quite spectacular efforts.
Very nice, I'm trying to find out the best settings for Samsung S20FE camera before I fall asleep waiting!
Old Yesterday, 22:11   #4
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

These were taken on an S20FE night mode I think with a 2-3 second exposure time.
Old Yesterday, 22:16   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
These were taken on an S20FE night mode I think with a 2-3 second exposure time.
Is the exposure in the bottom right hand corner when in night mode as I was playing with that earlier?
Old Yesterday, 22:28   #6
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I think you need to go into “pro” then adjust settings in there. I don’t have it to hand at the minute I’ll check when I do.

It might have been the default night setting - Essentially when taking a photo it suggests to keep it still for 2-5 seconds while it processes it.
Old Yesterday, 22:41   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I think you need to go into “pro” then adjust settings in there. I don’t have it to hand at the minute I’ll check when I do.

It might have been the default night setting - Essentially when taking a photo it suggests to keep it still for 2-5 seconds while it processes it.
Yes I did see a 5 second countdown on night setting.

Unfortunately all I see is a normal sky and I can't stay awake too long as I have a flight in the morning!
Old Yesterday, 22:45   #8
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I don’t know enough about the data but the app I use gives me a 1% chance of seeing it in the next half hour. Last night it was 90% when I took the photos. Other measures were largely off the charts in terms of solar activity.
Old Today, 00:55   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Got a few good photos last night just around midnight. Dalmarnock on the outskirts of Glasgow. Can never get them to upload as says too large.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240510_235902.jpg (836.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20240511_000744.jpg (897.5 KB, 9 views)
Old Today, 04:06   #10
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Can never get them to upload as says too large.
Well make them smaller then !

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:43   #11
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I missed them yesterday, but I took this one in Norfolk in September
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aurora.jpg (597.5 KB, 6 views)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:55   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I never did see anything looking out house bedroom windows so had to give up as had to be up early.
Old Today, 12:39   #13
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I got a few shots on my phone, and 1 shot on my DSLR, after that It just wouldn't play ball in manual as it sat too dark despite being on bulb or timer.

My sister went to Iceland in March to see the NL.
Old Today, 13:28   #14
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well make them smaller then !
I managed to get a couple added. I would have thought the file size limit would have increased a little bit by now with how fast people's Internet is and also how much better quality phone camera are these days.