Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Game of Thrones : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Game of Thrones : Season 1

Old 08-05-2009, 21:41   #1
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Game of Thrones : Season 1

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=20253

Never heard of the books myself, but they sound quite interesting, & HBO has a good track record for quality TV.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2009, 21:45   #2
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
re: Game of Thrones - season 1 (HBO adaptation of "A Song of Ice and Fire")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=20253

Never heard of the books myself, but they sound quite interesting, & HBO has a good track record for quality TV.
I've read a couple,they are intricate political books set in a fantasy and magical land.My husband enjoyed them more than I did which as he's not really into fantasy all that much was a surprise.
Old 08-05-2009, 21:59   #3
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

I started to read book one but lost interest early on due to the way the story was written but I may just dig the book out and try again.

A later update to your link shows that HBO still seem to be interested

Quote:
Update: 10 September 2008
GRRM has confirmed that HBO have exercised their option and now own the television rights to A Song of Ice and Fire. Whilst this doesn't mean that the show is in pre-production or 100% go, it is a very significant step forward, as money has exchanged hands.
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=26791
Old 08-05-2009, 22:07   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

ROFL, I didn't realise the article was so old - I copied the link from a thread at DS which I now realise is from 2007 & simply got bumped this week!

Ooops...

However, according to the post at DS which bumped the thread...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/s...3#post32317253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin at Digital Spy's forum
The pilot for this is being filmed in Northern Ireland in October and the first casting news has just been anounced.

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion.

The Director for the pilot is Tom McCarthy
Old 08-05-2009, 22:57   #5
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

You may find this of interest
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 21:15   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Sean Bean has joined the cast:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...3bdee7a644c3a8
Old 20-07-2009, 21:27   #7
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

The books are very hard to read but I suspect that they may well work better as a visual drama..
Old 11-04-2011, 22:21   #8
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Re: Game of Thrones - season 1 (HBO adaptation of "A Song of Ice and Fire")

<necropost>

New trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T84d-lRNLs

Awesome advance review: http://www.televisionaryblog.com/201...review-of.html

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones

Starts in the US on Sunday 17th April on HBO, and in the UK only one day later on Monday 18th April on Sky Atlantic.

Looks epic
Old 11-04-2011, 23:28   #9
Zing

will be downloaded in HD with no adds and viewed before its aired in the UK by me lol
Old 16-04-2011, 21:03   #10
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

More glowing reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/tv/game-of...critic-reviews
Old 16-04-2011, 21:20   #11
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zing View Post
will be downloaded in HD with no adds and viewed before its aired in the UK by me lol

Same hear ,realy looking forward to this
Old 18-04-2011, 06:59   #12
Zing

Re: Game of Thrones : Season 1

mines downloading woohoo lol
Old 19-04-2011, 07:12   #13
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Just finished watching the first episode. I think I'm gunna have to start reading the books now cause I really enjoyed that.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 08:51   #14
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

I've read all the books so far in the series (ongoing), which I really enjoyed.

Can't get Sky (Too many Trees), so I'm interested to hear any views on the programme, Might have to wait for the DVD !!
dazed&confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 17:35   #15
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

No surprise with HBO but it's been renewed already...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ay-night/89922
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote