Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 192.168.1.1 router home page problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

192.168.1.1 router home page problem

Old 24-04-2009, 11:10   #1
pgchimp
Inactive

pgchimp is a jewel in the roughpgchimp is a jewel in the roughpgchimp is a jewel in the roughpgchimp is a jewel in the roughpgchimp is a jewel in the rough
192.168.1.1 router home page problem

Been on BB L with my own Netgear wireless router WNB2000 for the last 2 months with no problems,

Yesterday i entered the 192.168.1.1 to access the router home page as usual and after inputting

USER NAME ***********
PASSWORD************

as usual the following opened up

Sorry
(192.168.1.4)is now managing this device

This was all that shows on the Web page now, so how do I restore the Home Page for the router,

This has happened since VM BB went down for a complete 8 hours the other day and all i did was switch the modem on then the router as usual, that has been the only change since the original set up 2 months ago

If i input 192.168.1.4 it just says that this page cannot be displayed

any help appreciated
pgchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-04-2009, 11:26   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 192.168.1.1 router home page problem

Try a quick reboot of the router then try http://192.168.1.1 again, sounds like 192.168.1.4 had an open connection to the admin pages and hasn;t dropped it, or you;ve somehow restricted access purely to that IP..

If the later change your PC to a manual address of (192.168.1.4 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0) and then try 192.168.1.1 again
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 11:28   #3
southwell
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Virgin Phone + 50mb
southwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation erasouthwell has entered a golden reputation era

When you go into the router you need to click 'logout' or that IP address will have hold until it times out. A reboot as suggested above will fix it. Or use the machine which you accessed the router config with again.
southwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 11:30   #4
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

What wireless security do you (did you) have setup?
Sounds like a device, prob wireless, connected to the admin page.
What is you own local IP addr? 192.168.1.100 or similar?
If you don't have a wireless device that would use a fixed IP address, I would do a factory reset on the router and make sure you set WPA security on the wireless.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 13:04   #5
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

If all else fails - reset button
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 16:18   #6
pgchimp
Inactive

pgchimp is a jewel in the roughpgchimp is a jewel in the roughpgchimp is a jewel in the roughpgchimp is a jewel in the roughpgchimp is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone

In conclusion, I hit the reset button and it now works once again and displays the page as before
pgchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 17:09   #7
Aragorn
Inactive

Aragorn has a nice shiny star
Aragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny starAragorn has a nice shiny star

Don't forget to enable some wireless security - pref WPA or WPA2.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 19:50   #8
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgchimp
I hit the reset button and it now works once again and displays the page as before
Very good.....

RESET is usually your BEST friend... (I was gonna suggest this and then i saw other mates had already suggested )
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 18:08   #9
conorbenjamin12
Inactive

conorbenjamin12 is an unknown quantity at this point

On Xbox Live it said NAT:strict and i dont know how to fix it please help someone ????
conorbenjamin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 22:20   #10
andyandy
Inactive

andyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of lightandyandy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorbenjamin12 View Post
On Xbox Live it said NAT:strict and i dont know how to fix it please help someone ????
The way I do mine is to have it in the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone)

You will need to fix the IP address of the xbox and then set this IP address in the DMZ. This way, it is outside of the firewall on your router and the NAT will be open.
andyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2010, 00:40   #11
Jenifer32
Inactive

Jenifer32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the WAN light blinks. If not, then your modem is dead.
Jenifer
Jenifer32 is offline   Reply With Quote