Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | June 8th General Election

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

June 8th General Election
View Poll Results: Who would you vote for on 8th June?
Conservatives 47 48.96%
Labour 24 25.00%
Liberal Democrats 9 9.38%
UKIP 4 4.17%
Greens 2 2.08%
Other 5 5.21%
None, I will Abstain. 5 5.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 19-04-2017, 13:11   #61
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I didn't think that needed saying TBH. Some folks vote nothing else you know.

PapaSmurf commented on the level of support, not the existence of it. I simply provided what I think is the reason for the level of that support, not all of it. Since they're the only pro EU option open to most people in the UK I'd stand by that opinion.
Fair enough. Although I think we've always had a disproportionate level of support for the Conservatives, UKIP and Lib Dems on here than the country at large.
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2017, 13:38   #62
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Fair enough. Although I think we've always had a disproportionate level of support for the Conservatives, UKIP and Lib Dems on here than the country at large.
I think you're right. This is not a representative sample of the UK. For one, that would need to be about 2,000 people and another, it only polls people with internet access who are interested in cable tv or similar.
Old 19-04-2017, 13:50   #63
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

George Osborne quits.

What apity, what a shame

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39643347
Old 19-04-2017, 13:56   #64
RizzyKing

Hope the door hits his backside on his way out totally repulsive individual who will live a life of comfort that he doesn't deserve.

Old 19-04-2017, 13:58   #65
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Hope the door hits his backside on his way out totally repulsive individual who will live a life of comfort that he doesn't deserve.
One comment sticks out like a sore thumb and that was his comment of "We are all in this together" which as we know we are not...
Old 19-04-2017, 14:03   #66
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Speaking of the rich, John McDonnell appears to have redefined the word.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39640804
Quote:
People earning above £70,000 a year could be asked to pay more tax under a Labour government, shadow chancellor John McDonnell has suggested.

He said he wanted to see a "fair taxation system" with corporations and the rich paying more...

..."The rich will be above £70,000 to £80,000 a year - and that's roughly defined as what people feel is an earning whereby people feel they can pay more."
I'm not sure if £70-80k is "rich" - comfortable, perhaps, but not rich.

I wonder who the "people" are that feel this?

ymmv
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 19-04-2017 at 14:54.
Old 19-04-2017, 14:07   #67
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

How will George Osborne survive without an MP's salary and only three other jobs to support him? It's obviously for the better if he's to edit a newspaper.

The other sub-plots include will Nigel Farage, Paul Nuttall or Aaron Banks win a seat? Will Vince Cable return? Will any more Labour moderates follow Alan Johnson and Tom Blenkinsop and resign rather than face more time in opposition?
Old 19-04-2017, 14:11   #68
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Aaron Banks is going to stand against Carswell as part of this bizarre vendetta he and Farage over the knighthood.
Old 19-04-2017, 14:17   #69
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

For all those who think that voting labour is a good idea atm: Britain under Corbyn? Just look at Venezuela
Quote:
Corbyn has yet to acknowledge the terrible suffering that Chavez’s ‘social justice’ has inflicted upon his people......Corbyn’s ability to turn a blind eye has been astounding. He must have known, because everybody did, that Chavez allowed left-wing paramilitary groups to terrorise the middle class. He must have seen that after Chavez forcefully nationalised industries their productivity duly crashed.

Yet he is still not prepared to condemn a regime which has presided over an economic disaster that hurts the poor the most. Maduro has turned out to be an economic incompetent of the highest order. Last year imports collapsed by more than 50 per cent and the economy nosedived by 19 per cent. The budget deficit is around 20 per cent of GDP. The minimum wage is now the equivalent of £25 a month. After a Central Bank estimate that suggested that the Venezuelan economy had contracted by 19 per cent last year was leaked to the press, Maduro fired the bank’s president and replaced him with a Marxist loyalist.
......What we can say is that Corbyn has stood by the disastrous hard-left ideology that he has always espoused. So anybody who wants to know what Britain might be like under Corbyn would do well to study the recent history of Venezuela.
Old 19-04-2017, 14:33   #70
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Speaking of the rich, John McDonnell appears to have redefined the word.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39640804

I'm not sure if £70-80k is "rich" - comfortable, perhaps, but not rich.

I wonder who the "people" are that fell this?

ymmv
Yes comfortable perhaps as you say but even then if one was to work out much one has to pay out over a period of a month its surprising how much has to be paid out in bills and everything else plus the income tax on that amount to start with.

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
How will George Osborne survive without an MP's salary and only three other jobs to support him? It's obviously for the better if he's to edit a newspaper.

The other sub-plots include will Nigel Farage, Paul Nuttall or Aaron Banks win a seat? Will Vince Cable return? Will any more Labour moderates follow Alan Johnson and Tom Blenkinsop and resign rather than face more time in opposition?
While having my dinner many questions popped into my mind and they are

How many will vote Conservative because of the Brexit issue?

How many remainer's will vote for others parties who are not supportive of Brexit?.

How many will vote for UKIP now at the election or are they finished?

How many who did not vote at the last election will decide to get off their butts and vote now?

Will the Labour vote collapse because of their poor leader?

How will they vote in Scotland?

How much tactical voting will there be?

And l am sure they are many more questions that need to be answered as well Andrew.
Old 19-04-2017, 14:43   #71
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes comfortable perhaps as you say but even then if one was to work out much one has to pay out over a period of a month its surprising how much has to be paid out in bills and everything else plus the income tax on that amount to start with.

---------- Post added at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

While having my dinner many questions popped into my mind and they are

How many remainer's will vote for others parties who are not supportive of Brexit?.

How many will vote for UKIP now at the election or are they finished?

How many who did not vote at the last election will decide to get off their butts and vote now?

Will the Labour vote collapse because of their poor leader?

How will they vote in Scotland?

How much tactical voting will there be?

And l am sure they are many more questions that need to be answered as well Andrew.
what did you have for dinner ?
Old 19-04-2017, 14:45   #72
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
what did you have for dinner ?
Greek Moussaka.
Old 19-04-2017, 15:14   #73
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

At least one
Old 19-04-2017, 15:17   #74
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i just did this for fun and it says democratic unionist then ukip

DU never never never

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz
i just had a go and it says labour, but in all honesty I don't know as I don't trust any of them.
Old 19-04-2017, 15:24   #75
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Would appear SNP will be voting against a Snap General Election and they are accusing the PM, running scared for not wanting to participate in a TV debate.

And they broke with house traditions again and collectively clapped their deputy leader, Angus Robertson, when he had finished speaking.

The SNP are a bunch of halfwits the lot of them.
Closed Thread