Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media to launch faster broadband

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion

Virgin Media to launch faster broadband

Old 30-03-2017, 16:55   #61
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media to launch faster broadband

How much would the following be now?

2 x V6's
200mb BB
Talk weekends
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2017, 17:05   #62
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As that's the Full House bundle + an extra box then the standard price would be £80.50 based on the website prices. New customers would get it at £62.50 for 12 months.
Old 30-03-2017, 17:59   #63
Gobble
cf.addict

Services: Gig1 SH4-AX86U, Stream
Gobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really niceGobble is just really nice

Well called and had my date wrong for when the contract is up (only a few days), so the bloke kindly set it all up for me. Now just a months wait till I get my 300! The guy said he thinks the gamer package was only one without STM on upload (doesn't affect me, just asked).

Managed to save some money as well dropping things I don't use

So Ben... get me it earlier?
Gobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 20:15   #64
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

In case anyone missed it in that link ;

Quote:
UPDATE 27th March 2017

Bad news folks, Virgin Media has quietly updated their original press release and revised down the uploads speeds for their VIVID 100Mbps (6Mbps upload instead of 12Mbps) and VIVID 200 (12Mbps instead of 16Mbps) tiers.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 20:38   #65
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Evening guys,

Not posted in a while but always come on to check the latest news and saw about the new speed tiers.

I just wanted to say what an excellent CS agent (Vikrant) I spoke to tonight on the online chat regarding the speed upgrades. I was on 50Mb and just asked about the new tiers and was told I could upgrade to 100Mb for the same monthly cost and no new contract.

I'm always happy to criticise VM when they get it wrong but tonight they got it spot on and one happy customer here, excellent service and 100Mb up and running

Superblade7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 23:40   #66
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
In case anyone missed it in that link ;
Yeah that was disappointing to see, hopefully it's a sign of things to come. If Virgin could match BT on upload speeds and remove STM for just one tier, it'd be great.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 11:18   #67
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I plan on phoning retentions (thinking of leaving)? to renegotiate, what phone options do i press to quickly get through to that department please?
Old 31-03-2017, 12:48   #68
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

Just got off the phone with retentions, upgraded to V6, MIX TV, 100mg BB and Talk anytime, £55.00 a month, keeping my £19.00 discount, £36.00 a month. £64.00 for install and activation. I think i did okay, new one year contract.
nicknewark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 16:26   #69
Rankrotten
Artist of Light and Shade

Services: Gig 1
Rankrotten is on a distinguished roadRankrotten is on a distinguished road

300 not available in my area yet so retentions have put me on 200 Gamer, swapped one of my pair of Full House (XL) TiVos for a V6 and dropped phone down to Talk Weekends for £81.50. Need to lose my Hub 2 for a Hub 3 alas.
Rankrotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:22   #70
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
As that's the Full House bundle + an extra box then the standard price would be £80.50 based on the website prices. New customers would get it at £62.50 for 12 months.
Lot's of people switching from Sky still claiming to be getting it for £55 per month!

Seems they are still doing 12 months free extra subscription for some new customers.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 14:44   #71
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

I called last evening on behalf of my mum and dropped the unwanted phone line and opted for 200Mb on its own, no fuss from them. Big drop from around £54.40 (200Mb and phone) to £37.25 a month. I remember in the past there was a lot of pressure to keep phone line. Mum gave in and said yes to keeping it back then, so I'm glad it went smoothly this time!
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote