Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Old 31-03-2008, 02:14   #91
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

For those customers who did rely on the rolling minutes, I agree it isn't as good as it was and maybe it isn't appropriate anymore.

But for others, it won't make a bit of difference, because either they never use 300/300 so it never mattered if they rolled over or not or they ALWAYS use 300/300 so they never rolled over in the first place
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2008, 04:48   #92
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
For those customers who did rely on the rolling minutes, I agree it isn't as good as it was and maybe it isn't appropriate anymore.

But for others, it won't make a bit of difference, because either they never use 300/300 so it never mattered if they rolled over or not or they ALWAYS use 300/300 so they never rolled over in the first place

Good bit of PR there Ben, you're not max clifford moonlighting are you?

Its still a poor way for VM to treat customers though, with contempt I would say.
Old 31-03-2008, 20:02   #93
ahardie

Services: XL tv/L internet, Tivo(1Tb.), SA V+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 View Post
Good thing our hospitals dont take a leaf from VM

" Dear mr Jones, you have been diagnosed with terminal cancer you have a week to live, you do not need to reply to this text message, you will also be informed by mail..... "
That is possibly the most over the top post I have read on this forum. Perhaps any forum.
Old 31-03-2008, 21:17   #94
Yozzer
Inactive

Yozzer is an unknown quantity at this point

I complained the same day and got a reply back a few days later. It was pretty standard just repeating the text.
To me, this contradicts what was said to me when I bought into the service.
I had vodaphone alter my contract when I was with them, and when I persisted, I was given a reduction in charges, so when I changed to 300 + 300, I specifically asked if the contract was alerable, and they assured me it was not, so to me this is not just badly done, but should not have happened.
All should complain!
Yozzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 22:35   #95
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

just remembered that when I signed up the way the site was layed out made it look like the 300/300 deal didn't roll over anyway but the 100/100 deal with new handset did rollover.

I say its still a good deal even without the rollover.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2008, 23:43   #96
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
That is possibly the most over the top post I have read on this forum. Perhaps any forum.
And you're entitled to your opinion.

Perhaps people who have been affected by the text fiasco feel vm have gone over the top in the manner they were informed.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:23   #97
lostandconfused
Inactive

Services: 2 X V+ XL TV XL BB XL Telco
lostandconfused has reached the bronze age
lostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze agelostandconfused has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 View Post
And you're entitled to your opinion.

Perhaps people who have been affected by the text fiasco feel vm have gone over the top in the manner they were informed.
Maybe the way they informed people is outrageous to you. But Cant you see that comparing a change in contract (which you can cancel if you chose) to cancer is excessive?
lostandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01   #98
bikeman
Inactive

bikeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
I'm not terribly sure what some people's problem is with this change?
If you didn't use the 300 minutes/text each month, then there's no difference. You'll still end up with 300 minutes and 300 text messages to use.
By rolling over you get a 2nd month to use the 300mins that you've already paid for rather than losing them and handing VM £10 for nothing.

Also It allows a balance of up to 600mins to be built up which is reassuring when your usage peaks.

Surely you can see that?

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
And I said it is not a small change. Its a significant change to me.-end of story.
"end of.." so why are you still going on?

You have successfully turned this thread into a slagging match about the method of delivery rather than the intended purpose to rally suppport to overturn VMs decision.

This is counter productive and as a forum moderator you should know better.

Perhaps you can start a new thread for your concern and enjoy yourself there?

Leave this thread for it's intended purpose.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Just got off the phone for the second time to VM cust services. Tried for a reduction in monthly rate to £8 or a £25 one off payment. No deal.

VM's take it or leave it attitude has left me feeling that I want to cancel my broadband, landline and tv as well.

I am going to try VM retentions dept and insist that I am prepared to take my other services with me. I'll let you know how I get on.
bikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:31   #99
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
By rolling over you get a 2nd month to use the 300mins that you've already paid for rather than losing them and handing VM £10 for nothing.

Also It allows a balance of up to 600mins to be built up which is reassuring when your usage peaks.

Surely you can see that?

You have successfully turned this thread into a slagging match about the method of delivery rather than the intended purpose to rally suppport to overturn VMs decision.

Just got off the phone for the second time to VM cust services. Tried for a reduction in monthly rate to £8 or a £25 one off payment. No deal.

VM's take it or leave it attitude has left me feeling that I want to cancel my broadband, landline and tv as well.

I am going to try VM retentions dept and insist that I am prepared to take my other services with me. I'll let you know how I get on.
well said.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:32   #100
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Um - I have not had a slanging match with anyone - I have been discussing the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman
Well it would be if I was having a slanging match with someone, but I fail to see where I have been shouting the odds at someone and name calling them which is what a slanging match usually consists of.

Quote:
Quote:
bikeman - you may be the topic starter but you do not define your own rules or dictate to others how they can or cannot discuss the topic.

If you look I have been discussing the loss of the rollover minutes quite a lot not just the method of delivery. I am just as naffed off about it as you are.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51   #101
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I was thinking about this again this morning, still no text (Or letter) here.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 15:36   #102
snazzy
Inactive

Services: BB/TV/Phone
snazzy is on a distinguished roadsnazzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Surely you can see that?

That's like I said. "The whole thread has been changed from what was originally intended."

I also agree about the use of the roll over minutes as you describe.
snazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:28   #103
d.chatten
Inactive

d.chatten is on a distinguished roadd.chatten is on a distinguished road

I rang VM yesterday and asked the reason why we are loosing our rollover minutes, it turns out that the big wigs at VM realised that most people on the 300+300 were not using the full 300+300 min's/txt's so they decided to withdraw the rollover of min's/txt's.

Now, with the rollover minutes and texts that have been withdrawn from the 300+300 package they decided to creat a new package, this new package is called the Liberty sim, on the liberty sim packages there is a 300+300 min's/txt's offer for £15, so, it seems VM are selling our withdrawn rollover min's/txt's repackaged as the liberty 300+300 sim offer, this means VM are getting paid a twice for the min's/txt's at our expence.

I hope this makes sense.
d.chatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:34   #104
logo
Inactive

logo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.chatten View Post
I rang VM yesterday and asked the reason why we are loosing our rollover minutes, it turns out that the big wigs at VM realised that most people on the 300+300 were not using the full 300+300 min's/txt's so they decided to withdraw the rollover of min's/txt's.

Now, with the rollover minutes and texts that have been withdrawn from the 300+300 package they decided to creat a new package, this new package is called the Liberty sim, on the liberty sim packages there is a 300+300 min's/txt's offer for £15, so, it seems VM are selling our withdrawn rollover min's/txt's repackaged as the liberty 300+300 sim offer, this means VM are getting paid a twice for the min's/txt's at our expence.

I hope this makes sense.
Not quite true, its just that Virgin has had a refresh of its SIM only offerings, in the past it was £20 for 300mins and 300texts, its just a refresh on this particular offering, SIM only.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do

From the start of May there will also be 5 new offers for Media customers, again these will be market leading, so keep a look out.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 16:18   #105
etccarmageddon
Inactive

etccarmageddon has a nice shiny star
etccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny staretccarmageddon has a nice shiny star

I really think they should have at least held back on announcing the end of the roll over until the start of May so people could compare with the new deals and switch if appropriate.
etccarmageddon is offline   Reply With Quote