Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Katie. My Beautiful Friends.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Katie. My Beautiful Friends.

Old 02-04-2011, 20:39   #1
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
Katie. My Beautiful Friends.

Just watched `Katie. My Beautiful Friends.` and I`m feeling very sad at the moment.
Just watched the second episode and realised how lucky i, and my family, are. She`s a Very Brave Girl after all she`s been through.
I`ll post some links in a while.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2011, 20:43   #2
PeteLockwood
Inactive

PeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: Katie. My Beautiful Friends.

yes i have seen this, but people will do anything for money.. i am quite sure that if she never was attacked like she was.. would she give a flying ..... ? i dont think so, for that reason i won't be watching it anymore
PeteLockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 20:49   #3
budwieser
cf.mega poster

budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star
budwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny starbudwieser has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLockwood View Post
yes i have seen this, but people will do anything for money.. i am quite sure that if she never was attacked like she was.. would she give a flying ..... ? i dont think so, for that reason i won't be watching it anymore
You`ve got to be joking, right?

Why do you think she`s doing it for the money?
I don`t understand your way of thinking.
Sometimes, something happens in your life which may change the way you look at certain things. I had Cancer and beat it, that changed the way i saw different things.
budwieser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 21:01   #4
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Do you practice being stupid or does it come natural to you? Some idiot threw some acid over her and now she wants to help people who have suffered as she has and get their confidence back like she did.

I hope nothing bad ever happens to you
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 21:21   #5
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What planet are you on????
Old 03-04-2011, 10:28   #6
PeteLockwood
Inactive

PeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutterPeteLockwood likes to dwell in the gutter

do you people honestly believe that if she WASN'T attacked, she would care ? come on...

e.g. ben and brooke kinsella, did she care about knife crime until it happened to her brother ? come on people are so gullible.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:40   #7
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
do you people honestly believe that if she WASN'T attacked, she would care ? come on...
Maybe it took something as tragic as this to make her care if, as you seem to suggest she was as heartless as you're making out.

And perhaps it will take something equally as tragic to make YOU care about the less-fortunate than you.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:44   #8
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Very hard to watch, and we moan if we have a spot or a rash or something, all of them deserve awards on that show.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48   #9
PeteLockwood
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Maybe it took something as tragic as this to make her care if, as you seem to suggest she was as heartless as you're making out.

And perhaps it will take something equally as tragic to make YOU care about the less-fortunate than you.
exactly, it took that to make her "care", perfect opportunity to cash in you do not know what happens behind closed doors, she might be laughing all the way too the bank ?
Old 03-04-2011, 10:53   #10
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Nearly everyone who goes through something tragic wants to help in some way, that doesn't mean they want to cash in.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:53   #11
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
exactly, it took that to make her "care", perfect opportunity to cash in you do not know what happens behind closed doors, she might be laughing all the way too the bank ?
You're seriously deranged.

Maybe she was not exposed to people being disfigured in her every day life before the incident. I'm not exposed to them either, do you think that means I don't care? Many people become activists in a cause when it gets brought to their attention, such as seeking cures for cancer. Only the most bloody-minded cynics would view that as not caring.

The fact is she's drawing attention to an important issue. Who cares if she's being paid for it? From a quick google search I can see she was involved in awareness for such victims before the attacks, she wouldn't have been paid for that either.

Seriously, lighten up a little. Or a lot.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:55   #12
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

e.g. ben and brooke kinsella, did she care about knife crime until it happened to her brother ? come on people are so gullible.
You seriously need to get some professional help before you go over the edge.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:24   #13
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
At the risk of getting an infraction i feel i must say ...you are an idiot ...you obviously haven't done any research before opening your gob .Do you think the people benefiting from this show or the shows she has done in the past ,the foundation she has set up care if she is making a bit of money ,i suspect quite a bit of which goes to supporting the victims/foundation .So what if she is using her celebrity to bring a serious social issue to the general public's attention ,at least she is doing something and not wallowing in self pity
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33   #14
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
You're seriously deranged.

Maybe she was not exposed to people being disfigured in her every day life before the incident. I'm not exposed to them either, do you think that means I don't care? Many people become activists in a cause when it gets brought to their attention, such as seeking cures for cancer. Only the most bloody-minded cynics would view that as not caring.

The fact is she's drawing attention to an important issue. Who cares if she's being paid for it? From a quick google search I can see she was involved in awareness for such victims before the attacks, she wouldn't have been paid for that either.

Seriously, lighten up a little. Or a lot.
Well said
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 14:58   #15
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
You know, previously I just thought you were merely objectionable. Now I know you are sick.

You rightly say that you don't know what happens behind closed doors. However, most people I know would not cash in on something like this.

*If* Katie Piper had started presenting a TV show that was unrelated to her injuries, or *if* she had started releasing endorsed products (such as DVDs), then I'd agree, she's cashing in. If she went on to marry a multi millionaire because of the fame she has gained through her injury, I would also agree she is cashing in.

As far as I know, she has not. She has done nothing apart from the highlight the plight of a group of people who, through no fault of their own, have been disfigured and are, at best, ignored and, at worst, insulted or assaulted because of those disfigurements.

One other thing we wouldn't know. She may have been trying to highlight their plight before her attack, but we wouldn't have heard about it because she would have been just one more charity campaigner (a pretty one, admittedly) but the media would have been no more interested in her than they are the millions of other charity workers.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote