Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Broadband woes for many

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Broadband woes for many

Old 21-12-2016, 23:52   #16
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Broadband woes for many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
I've seen this reported a few places, they make it sound like ALL virgin media customers are going to have no broadband over Xmas, but it appears it's "only" around London.

No issues here btw
They're quoting London for a reason. Ive been told to get attention in the southern based press.

In the north of england we are apparently suffering with utilisation issues more and longer.

Dont be fooled by media lies. VM refuse to invest in the north of england as london gives better headlines and advertisement. More Usain Bolt pictures in london etc.

Its disgusting.
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2016, 07:37   #17
Merlin1
Inactive

Merlin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in Area 30 and for the last month I have had problems with the connection dropping, In the last week it is happening dozens of times a day.

Anyone else here in area 30 having the same problems?
Merlin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 09:11   #18
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
They're quoting London for a reason. Ive been told to get attention in the southern based press.

In the north of england we are apparently suffering with utilisation issues more and longer.

Dont be fooled by media lies. VM refuse to invest in the north of england as london gives better headlines and advertisement. More Usain Bolt pictures in london etc.

Its disgusting.
Well I am in the north, and in the 6/7 years I've been living in a cabled area I've not had any utilisation issues, and i'm in a student area.
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2016, 13:07   #19
SimonB79
Inactive

SimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enoughSimonB79 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: Broadband woes for many

I'm in the north east and getting my full 300mb speed 24/7 aswell!
SimonB79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 16:42   #20
Eeeps
cf.addict

Eeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the roughEeeps is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB79 View Post
I'm in the north east and getting my full 300mb speed 24/7 aswell!
How do you know?
Eeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2016, 17:33   #21
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Its disgusting.

VM are trying to get attention in southern based press by causing/highlighting issues with service in a specific area? I'm gonna make an assumption here and guess you don't work in advertising/PR? I can't imagine you'd get my clients if you believe that's a good method of attracting new customers!
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2016, 13:47   #22
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

Well all i can is, you have a choice who you use to supply your broadband to your property. If things are as bad as made out in this thread, simple question would be why haven't you chosen another provider?

Personally i don't think things are as bad as made out here, they can't be. Why do i say that?

Well if it was me, and my broadband was dying on its backside every night for years on end, i would have switched years ago....

Maybe i'm missing something, maybe some people like punishment if their area is so bad? Or would switching be too easy?
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 11:17   #23
par42
Inactive

Services: Dual Sky+HD Virgin Phone 70Mb Broadband FreeView & FreeSat
par42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Area 21 - Southampton - Been a customer for 15+ years with no real issues - just the occasional drop out and a useless SuperHub 2 that drops wireless connection all the time - but for the past 4 months I have a 70Mb connection that runs OK until 6pm then grinds down to between 2Mb and 6Mb until about 10pm. Making TV streaming nigh on impossible.

A known over utilisation fault - with yet another review date in 3 weeks time. No real signs of a fix. Have to make a monthly call to demand a rebate. Don't buy VM in the Southampton area.....
par42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 17:17   #24
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Anyone had this speed upgrade to vivid 200?

I was due in december. logged onto VM and it keeps saying

""Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…

"Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 152Mbps to up to 200Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSISŪ - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between December 2016 and December 2016

Discover more with broadband"

Its january....

I know it wont fix my utilisation issues but it may help me to get to 2mbps after 6pm rather than just 1mbps...
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote