Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Saddam Hussein Executed

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Saddam Hussein Executed

Old 05-11-2006, 10:51   #16
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Saddam To Be Hanged

One of the horrible people who if left alive would be at risk of being got out of gaol or plotting a comeback & dead a martyr figure with much the same result.

However I would prefer to see him live but allowed to hoard paracetamol for a while till he has sufficient to end his own life
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2006, 10:52   #17
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

I would like to first drag him through Iraq, making sure he remains awake, and in full on agony, before then cutting his hands off and then his feet, and leaving him with only enough medical care to keep him alive and awake, before making him live with no dinity on public tv for about 10years before finally letting the swine die in his own excriment.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:54   #18
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcamalpha2004 View Post
Quite agree
What method would you suggest? not being sarcastic with you just that in my book execution is what it is?
I just feel that had sadam kept quiet about his " preferred execution " he would have had a 50/50 chance
Currently I favour lethal injection, on the basis that its quick, and relatively humane. You have to remember that the neck may not break in a hanging then the condemned is left to slowly strangle to death.

And yes I appreciate this is saddam hussein, but we cannot be justified in punishing him any more than others. Would Bin Ladin be hanged? No
This just smacks of the nazi trials in Nuremburg, none of them had much chance either.

Firing squad is bull**** macho ism from Saddam.

I also have to express my surprise that he isn't to be beheaded.

You also have the question of what to do with the body afterwards. HO Hum, they really have not thought this through have they?
Old 05-11-2006, 10:59   #19
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
He isnt popular enough to be a martyr. He was not loved by the terrorists either, he sat back and profitted at the expense of his people and killed anyone who spoke out of line. He was did not get on with the terrorists and victimised his people

No one will miss him.

I can think of leaders close to home who frown on people who " speak out of line " or their lives are made a misery,and they profit at our expense, but the fact they are not killed makes it ok?
We will have to see how things turn out, I personally see an escalation, as if things can get any worse?

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felinix_Devotion View Post
I would like to first drag him through Iraq, making sure he remains awake, and in full on agony, before then cutting his hands off and then his feet, and leaving him with only enough medical care to keep him alive and awake, before making him live with no dinity on public tv for about 10years before finally letting the swine die in his own excriment.

Maybe these were the thoughts of sadam about his people?
I dont know if going through this whole scenario actually cures anything.
Ok he was found guilty, but will the execution of one person send out a warning to others? I do not hold much hope.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:33   #20
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

And there in is the rub. If you kill him, you make him a martyr - a pin up for all the extremists out there. If you keep him alive, you make him a hero - suffering in the prison for the cause. And every hostage taker wants him freed. It's no-win.

A firing squad has a certain cachet to it - very much in keeping with martyrdom.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 13:30   #21
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

The soldiers who found him cowering in his rat hole should have thrown a hand grenade in, would have saved a lot of problems.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 13:33   #22
injuneer
Inactive

injuneer is a splendid one to beholdinjuneer is a splendid one to beholdinjuneer is a splendid one to beholdinjuneer is a splendid one to beholdinjuneer is a splendid one to beholdinjuneer is a splendid one to beholdinjuneer is a splendid one to beholdinjuneer is a splendid one to beholdinjuneer is a splendid one to behold

I thought they were going to let him off with an ASBO !
injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 13:39   #23
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
The soldiers who found him cowering in his rat hole should have thrown a hand grenade in, would have saved a lot of problems.
A very astute observation
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 13:53   #24
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuneer View Post
I thought they were going to let him off with an ASBO !

Maybe even tag him
Old 05-11-2006, 14:03   #25
AndrewJ
Inactive

AndrewJ has a nice shiny star
AndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny starAndrewJ has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post

Waste of a grenade.
AndrewJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 14:06   #26
arcamalpha2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felinix_Devotion View Post
Waste of a grenade.
Question is with all the cutbacks would there have been a grenade to throw in?
Old 05-11-2006, 15:05   #27
Vlad_Dracul
Inactive

Services: Dispensing wit and wisdom in so far as I am able . P3 500Mhz/ 2Mb BB when it works,no Tv,n
Vlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful oneVlad_Dracul is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsainsbury View Post
Breaking News

I wasn't quite sure if this was to go under "Entertainment"....

When will they be hanging Bush and Blair then? they have,after all,killed more people than Saddam.
Vlad_Dracul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 15:10   #28
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooper786 View Post
When will they be hanging Bush and Blair then? they have,after all,killed more people than Saddam.
You need to examine the amount of people Saddam killed. Not to mention most of the people killed the US/UK forces were terrorists. Unlike Saddam who gassed his own people.

So sick of these attempts to make Blair and Bush worse than Saddam.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 15:28   #29
timewarrior2001

Services: Evilness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You need to examine the amount of people Saddam killed. Not to mention most of the people killed the US/UK forces were terrorists. Unlike Saddam who gassed his own people.

So sick of these attempts to make Blair and Bush worse than Saddam.
There are some similarities though.

Bush was elected in a very dodgy manner
Blair went to war for no legitimate reason (making him technically a war monger)
Bush is a warmonger

I doubt they are worse than Saddam but they arent entirely squeeky clean themselves.
Old 05-11-2006, 16:49   #30
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

At the end of the day it is up to the Iraqi people to decide what to do with him..They are the ones who suffered under his regime so they get to make the choice.

What we would want done to him is immaterial because we didn't actually get anything more from him than irritation and annoyance.Can't put a man to death for that.