Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | micro sim tomorrow???

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

micro sim tomorrow???

Old 05-06-2012, 13:02   #1
dnh
Inactive

Services: virgin v+xl xl bb xl phone
dnh is an unknown quantity at this point
micro sim tomorrow???

I have been reading that Virgin are going to be releasing a micro sim tomorrow. Any truth in this?
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2012, 16:39   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: micro sim tomorrow???

it will be b4 the 25th i know that
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 22:28   #3
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

will this mean if I buy the samsung galaxy S3 I can get a micro sim from virgin and use it or the iphone 4 s?
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 00:14   #4
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Coming soon.........
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43   #5
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Coming soon.........
Has virgin mobile official stated they are going to have it ?

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:58   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Has virgin mobile official stated they are going to have it ?
Well they announced they are getting the Galaxy S3 and that uses Micro SIM, so I would say that is official
Old 07-06-2012, 09:31   #7
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Well they announced they are getting the Galaxy S3 and that uses Micro SIM, so I would say that is official
Ok

If only my contract was up sooner

Old 07-06-2012, 09:46   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Just to be clear micro SIMs will be initally supplied with the phones that need them only

Also there is an issue with the iPhone and the Orange roaming - basically the iPhone doesn't know that Virgin use the Orange network, so you lose data access when on Orange as it tries to be helpful and uses the Orange data settings (there is a way around it but it requires some technical knowledge)
Old 07-06-2012, 09:49   #9
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
micro SIMs will be initally supplied with the phones that need them only
Makes sense

You can bet they will be a lot of people suddenly claiming there sim is faulty and wanting a new one

Old 07-06-2012, 10:00   #10
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Just to be clear micro SIMs will be initally supplied with the phones that need them only

Also there is an issue with the iPhone and the Orange roaming - basically the iPhone doesn't know that Virgin use the Orange network, so you lose data access when on Orange as it tries to be helpful and uses the Orange data settings (there is a way around it but it requires some technical knowledge)
Surely you just turn on data roaming in the settings?
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:37   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Nope, doesn't work. Long thread about it over on Community forum. This is post that explains it http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/.../962307#M10156 (and has the fix)
Old 07-06-2012, 18:26   #12
dnh
Inactive

Services: virgin v+xl xl bb xl phone
dnh is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I have the 3gs on virgin and can never get the orange network to work on my phone but my girlfriend also has the 3gs on virgin with exactly the same settings as me and she can get the orange network
dnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 18:30   #13
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

When I was on virgin mobile earlier on this year I had both tmobile/orange data working in my iPhone 4.

It did take a lot of messing to get it sorted and accessing the apn settings to do so was a pain but it was sortable.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 21:40   #14
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I wonder if they will be able to beat this deal when they do get the Samsung Galaxy S3.............https://www.secure-mobiles.com/check..._utmk=28970234
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote