Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Connect telephone to CM extnl box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

Can anyone help because Virgin seem clueless

Old 05-02-2017, 22:49   #1
SJTK
Inactive

SJTK is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone help because Virgin seem clueless

Short version: Three calls to arrange installation and select package - no mention of installation charges at all. First bill quoted to be around £30 from memory.
Three calls to try to add multi room - agent rude being transferred to never-ending holds - final call I asked about installation and was told my first bill would be around £120. No phone available. First told I was on an 18month contact - now told it's just 12 months. This is insanity. Virgin is new to my road and I highly doubt anyone in our apartment block is going to go with you after this week of absolute confusion. People are asking us to tell them what Virgin is like as everyone is and has been with Sky. Right now all we can say is we have no idea!!!

I called last week to check prices and packages and to find out if you offered full services in my area. During that until call the agent asked for my Lanlords details and everything was completed quite smoothly.
On Monday I received a call to let me know you were able to install your services - great.

However as Virgin is new to our area there's no phone line available - so we were offered broadband and TV for £23 a month for the first twelve months, on an 18month contact. The agent suggested that closer to the offer expiry we call back as "you'd never have to pay the full amount as you can switch to a new offer".

Sorted - contacted Sky and cancelled the service we have had with them. Called up O2 and EE and upgraded our cell service due to the lack of home phone with virgin.

No mention of installation or activation charges in any of my three phone calls with this agent to enquire, book and confirm the service.

I called again as I want to add an additional box - kept getting transfered and three times I was on hold for half an hour with no shot of a reply, finally find out the installations team had closed.

I called back on Saturday and was rudely interrupted and told I should not be calling the sales team. I explained I had no idea who I needed to speak to as I'm a new customer - the agent was rude. I challenged her on her tone but it wasn't helpful at all. We added the additional box.

I then had to ask about installation charges - the agent mentioned nothing until I asked - then I was told my first bill would be £120 due to charges and activation!!
She offered to transfer me to billing but they didn't pick up for over half an hour.

I am appalled that I was told a home phone service was available - and then it wasn't. To then be rudely told I should not be calling the sales number which is the only number I have - and to then have to ask (I think maybe there's been six calls now) to find out what the installation charges are.

I'm sure the first agent who I spoke to told me my first bill would be around £30 - no where near the £120 now quoted. What is going on?
SJTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2017, 10:34   #2
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS
Re: Can anyone help because Virgin seem clueless

they normally charge fot 2 months upfront as they like you to be in advance rather than behind... so could it be that which is pushing the bill up?
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:57   #3
SJTK
Inactive

SJTK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Can anyone help because Virgin seem clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSADERS View Post
they normally charge fot 2 months upfront as they like you to be in advance rather than behind... so could it be that which is pushing the bill up?
That is slightly, however I'm more concerned that in the first five calls no one mentioned installation and activation charges, I had to ask in the final call with them after the dates were set and everything was booked. I'm also concerned that I have no idea if it's a 12 or 18 month contract because I've been told two different things.
SJTK is offline   Reply With Quote