Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Doctor Who

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Doctor Who

Old 18-04-2017, 23:43   #226
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

I've said before that Doctor Who should use the classic villains very rarely, less than once a season each, and instead do different things. The return of these things should be big multi-episode plot twists at the end of the season rather than thrown into an episode here and there. To be honest a lot of them are rubbish anyway. The angels that move when you blink are cooler than them all.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-04-2017, 22:25   #227
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

The Angels are my favourite villain but I'm not sure we're going to see them in the main series as such if they pursue the 'Class' arc. Given that ending, you'd assume that Class and Who will crossover properly for the ending of a giant angel in London (See Angels in Manhattan for the statue of liberty angel) Seems we keep getting varying results though between ones that just snap your neck or the others that send you back through time.

Old 23-04-2017, 15:13   #228
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

In the trailer for next week's ep you might have spotted a wrestling move being performed - that's one of our wrestlers who has not only blagged himself a spot as an extra in Dr Who but was also in one of the market scenes in Rogue One. And as if I couldn't get any more jealous, he's also going to be one of Han Solo's gang members in next year's stand-alone film
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:43   #229
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

The return of the Ice Warriors tonight, and a Cameo at the end by Alpha Centauri.
(from the Jon Pertwee era, Curse of Peladon & Monster of Peladon).

She sounded just the same - which is because it was apparently the same actress, who is 92 now.

(She also did all the spider voices in Planet of the Spiders).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:53   #230
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I loved the episode and how well they tied it in to classic who
Old 25-06-2017, 09:47   #231
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I just can't take Bill seriously. Recent actors playing The Doctor have left relatively soon out of fear of being typecast etc. I just wish she'd have the same worry.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 10:38   #232
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I thought that was excellent last night.

Such a dark story the creation of the Mondasian Cybermen. The audio story spare parts is awesome and well worth a listen as well.

I have as few thoughts on where the finale may take the plot and hope they come true.
Old 25-06-2017, 14:29   #233
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I just can't take Bill seriously.
I quite like her.
It will be interesting to see how (if) they get her out of that situation though.
I dont think anyone has ever been converted from a cyberman back to human before.

Old 26-06-2017, 13:33   #234
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Did you see the rather sledgehammer set-up of a female doctor towards the front of the episode? Not sure if they are looking at a woman for the next Doctor but Moffat has set them up if they are.
Old 26-06-2017, 13:43   #235
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Yes I did.

I hope that's not the plan.

Old 26-06-2017, 13:51   #236
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I don't really mind either way but it's just how awkwardly they insert it in. They couldn't even leave it with the Doctor saying they don't care about gender, they had to have her ask 'So you can be a Woman?' or something to that effect to make it crystal clear. They might as well have turned to wink at the camera.
Old 26-06-2017, 20:21   #237
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I did see a tweet from someone reliable and in the know and they said they knew the actor and that they already follow 'him'

So its possible that line in the show was just to wind fans up as there was a few moments like that in the episode. A final FU to fans from Moffat perhaps.
Old 26-06-2017, 20:24   #238
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It's obvious that Moffat has been preparing the ground for it ever since he took charge, however it isn't his call. Chibnall will have cast the new Doctor, but you can be sure that any decision to cast a woman will have been referred to the very top. Doctor Who is one of the BBC's most valuable properties and they're not going to do anything to risk its saleability.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 20:47   #239
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Did anyone experience sound distortion in the last 2 minutes tonight, or was it just BBC Scotland?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 21:28   #240
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I watched on iPlayer, didn't notice anything. Cool ending but a mediocre episode IMO. Also further hints at a female doctor so either they're laying the groundwork or trolling the audience.