Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Possible Sky+HD problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Possible Sky+HD problem

Old 30-05-2009, 09:20   #1
zing_deleted

Possible Sky+HD problem

Had the box since Wednesday . Thursday morning box was fine Friday morning box was in standby auto stand by was enabled so I disabled it as I like to choose when stuff goes into standby myself. This morning box had rebooted was in standby and on channel 998 so it was definately a reboot.

I realise this could simply be an update as its a new box fitted to the system and chances are is behind in firmware however is this signs of a known fault?

TIA
Advertisement
Old 30-05-2009, 13:32   #2
matt-h
Inactive

Services: SkyHD , VM BB 60Mb
matt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant futurematt-h has a brilliant future
Re: Possible Sky+HD problem

There might have been something done at sky's end as when i turned my skyHD ( thomson ) box on this morning it was also on ch998.
matt-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 16:00   #3
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

My box (samsung) was rebooted on channel 998 this morning.
No obvious updates.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2009, 17:14   #4
zing_deleted

can assume its Sky then ta guys
Old 24-06-2009, 22:41   #5
skyinstaaller
Inactive

skyinstaaller is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Possible Sky+HD problem

lots of promlems with the sky hd boxes guys. i have 13 in the van to go back to get upgraded(who do they think there fooling) all mostly samsung. will keep ye posted on results!!
skyinstaaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 07:41   #6
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyinstaaller View Post
lots of promlems with the sky hd boxes guys.
Ever since the new all-singing, all-dancing update I've been unable to use Sky news active as it results in a reboot 9 times out of 10.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote