Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 17:08   #1156
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Sky Cinema is set to launch an Sky Cinema Matt Damon Channel from May 8th.

It will use Sky Channel 303 (Sky Cinema Hits EPG Slot on Sky).

But channel number is still not 100% confirmed for Virgin Media UK and Virgin Media Ireland.

We have still to see any info on when Sky Cinema Matt Demon will end.

http://www.sky.com/tv/channel/skycin...on-the-channel
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2017, 17:52   #1157
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

You need very fast BT Internet for for UHD - we get 50mb on BT here and they say it is not fast enough for access to UHD.

They say you may be watch UHD via Internet, recording two HD channels via Internet and still want to browse/stream on other devices.

So set a minimum speed which many BT users, even on Infinity, just can not get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
BT show football and Rugby Union in UHD but not broadcast - you need BT tv and Internet.
Old 01-05-2017, 17:54   #1158
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
If you want apps , there are plenty of reasonable options out there, rather than wait for VM to add them.
But that's no good if you want to do searches and go straight into those programmes using only one device (ie the V6).

I have all the programmes I want to see that are carried by Virgin Media and Netflix under 'My Shows' and I can keep track of them all much better in that way. Finding programmes I want to see on Amazon and Now TV is a faff by comparison.
Old 01-05-2017, 19:03   #1159
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But that's no good if you want to do searches and go straight into those programmes using only one device (ie the V6).

I have all the programmes I want to see that are carried by Virgin Media and Netflix under 'My Shows' and I can keep track of them all much better in that way. Finding programmes I want to see on Amazon and Now TV is a faff by comparison.
l certainly have to agree with that.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:37   #1160
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
If you want apps , there are plenty of reasonable options out there, rather than wait for VM to add them.
I have Amazon Fire TV and I absolutely love it. You can add apps yourself too.
Old 02-05-2017, 13:37   #1161
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
I have a Roku, which has loads of streaming services on there, including Netflix, Amazon and Now TV.

However, that doesn't detract from the fact that if Amazon joined Virgin Media and was available on the Tivo/V6 boxes, that would be a lot less hassle for me. I really don't want to have to go into a number of different streaming platforms to watch the content I want. It should all be available in one place.
Old 02-05-2017, 19:00   #1162
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post

Also a search on fire TV brings up results from Netflix and Amazon shows. In the US it covers more services.

A search on my Roku 2 box brings up results from Now TV, Amazon and Netflix, plus purchase options from Google Play. You scroll down the list to chose which provider to watch on.
Old 02-05-2017, 19:02   #1163
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Also a search on fire TV brings up results from Netflix and Amazon shows. In the US it covers more services.

A search on my Roku 2 box brings up results from Now TV, Amazon and Netflix, plus purchase options from Google Play. You scroll down the list to chose which provider to watch on.
Very similar to Youview. A search on Youview brings up content from the EPG, catch up TV, Netflix and NowTV
Old 02-05-2017, 19:10   #1164
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

If we had that on the Tivo/V6, we'd get that as well as all the cable channels.
Old 02-05-2017, 19:23   #1165
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
If we had that on the Tivo/V6, we'd get that as well as all the cable channels.
The date we have for Amazon on v6 is still Summer 2017, wether or not it'll happen is anyones guess.
Old 02-05-2017, 19:30   #1166
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
The date we have for Amazon on v6 is still Summer 2017, wether or not it'll happen is anyones guess.
l doubt it sadly...
Old 02-05-2017, 19:42   #1167
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
And the date for Now TV is Winter 2027

I cant see an obvious issue with VM adding Amazon. I's effectively the same as Netflix, with different content. Netflix can't have affected VM's TV subscriptions, otherwise it would no longer be there. Amazon, like Netflix, only have a few first run weekly shows; it's mainly back seasons, or shows that have never had a UK pickup. Pay TV is about current shows. OTOH Now TV is competition in that it shows lots of current shows
Old 02-05-2017, 20:02   #1168
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:

I cant see an obvious issue with VM adding Amazon. I's effectively the same as Netflix, with different content. Netflix can't have affected VM's TV subscriptions, otherwise it would no longer be there. Amazon, like Netflix, only have a few first run weekly shows; it's mainly back seasons, or shows that have never had a UK pickup. Pay TV is about current shows. OTOH Now TV is competition in that it shows lots of current shows
Why do you think there is not a issue? as its pretty clear we would have had it long before now if there was not a issue.
Old 02-05-2017, 20:06   #1169
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:

Provided Virgin enabled the Now TV Entertainment Pass for those on the Full House pack only, I see no conflict there. It would give Virgin subscribers the means to access Sky Atlantic via the VM platform, which would certainly stop the wingeing on this forum.
Old 02-05-2017, 20:13   #1170
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Provided Virgin enabled the Now TV Entertainment Pass for those on the Full House pack only, I see no conflict there. It would give Virgin subscribers the means to access Sky Atlantic via the VM platform, which would certainly stop the wingeing on this forum.
Who's whingeing as you seem to be the expert at that OB.