Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How do you remember this scene from Moonraker?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

How do you remember this scene from Moonraker?

Old 25-07-2016, 02:24   #1
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
How do you remember this scene from Moonraker?

The scene where Jaws meets Dolly and falls in love with her. I remember Dolly wearing braces on her teeth when she smiled, so do many others.

Have they been digitally removed? Was she wearing them in the first place?
Or is it all to do with the so-called Mandela Effect? Either way, it has many people baffled.

Here's the clip... skip to 1:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1lTyy-HxE

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2016, 02:39   #2
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: How do you remember this scene from Moonraker?

I don't remember her having braces tbh.
Old 25-07-2016, 03:28   #3
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

As I remember, it was her wearing the braces that made that scene, she had something in common with him, he found his soulmate and fell in love there and then.

Old 25-07-2016, 07:00   #4
blackthorn
cf.geek

blackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation erablackthorn has entered a golden reputation era

I always thought she had braces as well. Long time since I`ve watched this film though but I thought it was what he was attracted to in her.
blackthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 07:41   #5
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

I remember making the connection with that and near the end where Bond persuades Jaws by implying that she was not "perfect" and so Drax wouldn't allow her to be a survivor, as only the "perfect" were going to be allowed.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 07:58   #6
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Strange isn't it, I could have sworn she wore a brace. But can I find evidence of it? Nothing, apart from some character description of Dolly.

Old 25-07-2016, 10:11   #7
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
Strange isn't it, I could have sworn she wore a brace. But can I find evidence of it? Nothing, apart from some character description of Dolly.
I remember her having a brace on her top teeth but I've just reviewed the copy of Moonraker I have on the PC and they're not there now.
Old 25-07-2016, 10:37   #8
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I remember her having a brace on her top teeth but I've just reviewed the copy of Moonraker I have on the PC and they're not there now.
The only logical explanation is they've been edited out for some reason, or they weren't there to begin with? But so many are convinced she had them.

I remember laughing when I seen it, because that was the joke.

Quote:
Dolly

Played by: Blanche Ravalec

Description: In perhaps the strangest love affair in the series, Jaws meets Dolly in Rio after his failed attempt on Bond and Goodhead's lives. The complete opposite of Jaws, Dolly is a short blond girl with pigtails, glasses and braces. It is her influence that leads Jaws to the side of good and she also hears the one line Jaws says in his two movies, "Well, here's to us."
http://www.universalexports.net/Movi...ker-cast.shtml

Old 25-07-2016, 10:58   #9
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Was it an illusion because of the way she partially opens her mouth at first. Not much of her teeth are revealed, but as she is opening her mouth as well it gives a dark area, perhaps leading to the assumption of braces.
Old 25-07-2016, 11:54   #10
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Was it an illusion because of the way she partially opens her mouth at first. Not much of her teeth are revealed, but as she is opening her mouth as well it gives a dark area, perhaps leading to the assumption of braces.
I remember seeing full top teeth metal.

Old 25-07-2016, 12:10   #11
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

But why would they edit out the braces if they were there?

There must be a copy out there then that is unedited?
Old 25-07-2016, 12:17   #12
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Add another voice to the I would have sworn the braces were there camp.....
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 12:26   #13
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
But why would they edit out the braces if they were there?

There must be a copy out there then that is unedited?
Your guess is as good as mine, I've looked high and low, no braces to be found.

Old 25-07-2016, 12:36   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Yes, she definitely had braces.

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

... Except I can't find a single image of them ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2016, 12:45   #15
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Here's some pics to demonstrate. She opens her mouth slightly at the same time as opening her jaw. That shows little of her teeth and a darkened area of her mouth between upper and lower teeth.
Pic1

Pic2