Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 17-07-2017, 13:41   #3166
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Just rang customer services because my old TIVO 1Tb is running slow and needs rebooting every day. I asked if, as a full kahoona 300Mb customer, they could replace it for free, with a V6. The answer was "Yes!" and they would also replace my old VM HD box with a V6! Would that cost me more? No! In fact my monthly charge will be £1.00 less and installation will cost £10.00, a discounted price. Wish I'd asked sooner.

In reality, of course, the service I hope I will be getting is what I should have been getting all along. Really, I shouldn't have had to ring VM, they should have rung me.

Change over happens on 28th July.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2017, 14:04   #3167
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
Just rang customer services because my old TIVO 1Tb is running slow and needs rebooting every day. I asked if, as a full kahoona 300Mb customer, they could replace it for free, with a V6. The answer was "Yes!" and they would also replace my old VM HD box with a V6! Would that cost me more? No! In fact my monthly charge will be £1.00 less and installation will cost £10.00, a discounted price. Wish I'd asked sooner.

In reality, of course, the service I hope I will be getting is what I should have been getting all along. Really, I shouldn't have had to ring VM, they should have rung me.

Change over happens on 28th July.
How would VM have known that your box was running slow unless you phoned them? Had you complained before about the problem?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 19:11   #3168
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
How would VM have known that your box was running slow unless you phoned them? Had you complained before about the problem?
... a number of times, followed by tweaks at the street box, power levels etc. All to no avail. It required me to ask for a replacement box, to trigger this outburst of apparent generosity.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 20:08   #3169
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughbeast View Post
... a number of times, followed by tweaks at the street box, power levels etc. All to no avail. It required me to ask for a replacement box, to trigger this outburst of apparent generosity.
I see! Yes, I agree, they really should have offered that. Still, all's well that ends well!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 13:38   #3170
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

"Sky Cinema Online - Customers may find that they are getting an error message when trying to enter Pin on their Sky Cinema player service at the moment"

Estimated fix time Friday 16:05 This issue is listed under Broadband and TV

Last edited by Gavin-D; 18-07-2017 at 13:51.
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 16:38   #3171
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I know this has been asked on here before, but I can't seem to find the answer, what Mb speed do you need for the V6 to operate?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 17:47   #3172
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I know this has been asked on here before, but I can't seem to find the answer, what Mb speed do you need for the V6 to operate?
50mb
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 18:08   #3173
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
50mb
thank you.....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 19:37   #3174
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
50mb
I thought you had to take the 100mb package to get the V6?
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2017, 19:51   #3175
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
100Mb is the minimum for a V6. It's mentioned near the bottom of this page http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/v6.html
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 11:15   #3176
Rich153
Inactive

Services: Full House TV ,VIVID 100, Talk More Weekends
Rich153 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a phone call from virgin yesterday, the lady said that seeing I was a loyal customer that they were going to give me a free upgrade to the new V6 tivo it is being delivered Friday along with a s-hub 3 , so hope the self install is easy as all the cables are in place already or do I need to replace my current cables with the new ones in the kit .
Rich153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 11:42   #3177
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich153 View Post
I had a phone call from virgin yesterday, the lady said that seeing I was a loyal customer that they were going to give me a free upgrade to the new V6 tivo it is being delivered Friday along with a s-hub 3 , so hope the self install is easy as all the cables are in place already or do I need to replace my current cables with the new ones in the kit .
You can reuse existing cables. There will be a new short adaptor cable for the V6 but you can fit it to the end of the existing cable.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 09:03   #3178
Rich153
Inactive

Services: Full House TV ,VIVID 100, Talk More Weekends
Rich153 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for that info SP
Rich153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 21:41   #3179
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Anyone getting a 'pink screen of death' when playing a show on Netflix app? Menus look fine when app is launched but as soon as you start a show the screen goes pink but sound is ok
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 22:04   #3180
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Anyone getting a 'pink screen of death' when playing a show on Netflix app? Menus look fine when app is launched but as soon as you start a show the screen goes pink but sound is ok
Try changing the Video Output Format settings. It's trial-and-error, but maybe enable the pass-through options for starters.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote