Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Not driving to work could save £1,000

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Not driving to work could save £1,000

Old 21-07-2017, 13:04   #91
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Re: Not driving to work could save £1,000

Exercise won't see off obesity and diabetes, diet change will.

3 local schools had their bike sheds removed. as "maintaining them was too expensive".

No-parking zones set up around all 3 schools, plus the new bane of drivers' lives... 20 mph limits.

Local Primaries closed, pupils now have to travel further and further from age 4, often miles not yards. And as several primaries are now switching to "Welsh Medium Teaching" those that do not want to be educated in Welsh have to travel even further.

Free bus pass for under 11's having to travel over 2 miles. Free bus pass for 11 -16's travelling over 3 miles. No bus pass for over 16's in most cases. But if you opt out of a Welsh Medium school that is within those distances, you also lose your bus pass. And to top it all, bus routes have been changing to make them unuseable for pupils.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-07-2017, 14:26   #92
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i've put quite a bit of thought into your excellent suggestion and here is my answer

1 make them with 4 wheels
2 surround with metal box
3 add doors
4 fit power plant at front end
5 get it insured
6 get it taxed
7 pass government approved test to drive it
sorted - and re exercise for kids make them walk to school .
i've put quite a bit of thought into your excellent suggestion and here is my answer

1 Get stuffed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Exercise won't see off obesity and diabetes, diet change will.
I mentioned a "lifestyle" change which includes a change in diet, supplemented with exercise which will improve general health including controlling weight and therefore lessening exposure to diabetes.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 14:32   #93
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post

1 Get stuffed

I mentioned a "lifestyle" change which includes a change in diet, supplemented with exercise which will improve general health including controlling weight and therefore lessening exposure to diabetes.
would you be interested in heading up the brexit team
Old 21-07-2017, 14:41   #94
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
would you be interested in heading up the brexit team
Mais oui mon ami, se gratter les frogs!
Old 21-07-2017, 15:11   #95
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Not really answer.. should make the cycles fly that way they can miss all the traffic jams and the A holes out there that should not even be on the road...
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 15:18   #96
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Not really answer.. should make the cycles fly that way they can miss all the traffic jams and the A holes out there that should not even be on the road...
if you whack one a 60 mph they fly
Old 21-07-2017, 18:30   #97
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
if you whack one a 60 mph they fly
Yes, and when they land they're no longer able walk to school any more, or use colouring books or do that cute little dancing they used to do for their mummy and daddy.
Old 28-07-2017, 12:15   #98
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Bus services are a "vital lifeline" suffering from traffic congestion
Quote:
Poor service reliability is often caused by congestion along the route... it increases journey times, makes bus trips unpredictable, increases operational costs (and subsequently fares), undermines passenger confidence, and reinforces negative perceptions of the bus.
Quote:
Assessment of the full range of tools available and how useful they might be in tackling congestion's impact on Welsh bus services, e.g. park and ride schemes, congestion charging, higher parking charges, workplace parking levies, and bus priority measures
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-40739874

And perhaps ban bicycles from bus lanes as they are a major cause of congestion (as are bus lanes themselves)?
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 12:21   #99
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Those that drink alcohol at least 3 times a week are less susceptable to type 2 diabeties. (according to a report on BBC breakfast this morning).
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 14:14   #100
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-40739874

And perhaps ban bicycles from bus lanes as they are a major cause of congestion (as are bus lanes themselves)?
And perhaps ban cars from cycle lanes as they are a major cause of death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Those that drink alcohol at least 3 times a week are less susceptable to type 2 diabeties. (according to a report on BBC breakfast this morning).
Iliketheirthinking. Hic.
Old 28-07-2017, 15:10   #101
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

vote for me and i will have cyclists reclassified as vermin
Old 28-07-2017, 17:33   #102
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
I would never vote for a transgender midget in red tights. Well, not unless you keep the cap on during romps
Old 28-07-2017, 20:50   #103
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I am deeply offended by this (on behalf of all vermin).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2017, 22:51   #104
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I am deeply offended by this (on behalf of all vermin).
I admire a man who speaks up for his species
Old 28-07-2017, 23:48   #105
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
I admire a man who speaks up for his species
Well someone had to speak up for you.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote