Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One drive folders v's This PC files

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

One drive folders v's This PC files

Old 14-07-2017, 08:58   #1
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one
One drive folders v's This PC files

Hi all

On my windows 10 PC there appears to be 2 storage areas

One Drive

This PC

Are the one drive files storage on my PC and synced to one drive and thus available from logging onto the one drive website were as the 'This PC' files simple stored on the c drive of the machine ?

Big question is where are the one drive files actually stored as I often need to work off line

Appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2017, 11:27   #2
Ken W
cf.mega poster

Services: LL Phone, TiVo, M+ VM mobile, BBand 150M tier Superhub, TIVO 500 M+
Ken W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful oneKen W is the helpful one
Re: One drive folders v's This PC files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hi all

On my windows 10 PC there appears to be 2 storage areas

One Drive

This PC

Are the one drive files storage on my PC and synced to one drive and thus available from logging onto the one drive website were as the 'This PC' files simple stored on the c drive of the machine ?

Big question is where are the one drive files actually stored as I often need to work off line

Appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks for your time

Regards

Mike

One Drive on my PC is on drive C\users\ which believe is the default location
Ken W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 15:17   #3
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Right click on the Icon, select "settings", select "account" tab, click "choose folders", and you will see a list of the synced folders and at the very bottom, the location on your PC.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 16:34   #4
Mike
cf.mega poster

Mike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful oneMike is the helpful one

Ahhh...this is beginning to make sense now. So the one drive files located on my C drive /user/MABa/one drive is where the files are stored and are synced to one drive as they have the green tick. So I am correct in that the files stored under This PC have nothing to do with one drive and aren't synced.

So if I lose internet connection I could work on the files at the c drive /user/MABa/one drive and they will be available and would up load to one drive when I next have connection

Appreciate your time...thanks
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote