Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2017, 21:01   #3061
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Amazon.....!
Well, it has tested on TSID 44 before...

Advertisement
Old 17-10-2017, 21:07   #3062
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Well, it has tested on TSID 44 before...
Old 17-10-2017, 21:08   #3063
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Children in need red button?
Do CIN do red button though?
Not that I'm aware of, but 16 CIN streams would be quite a lot.

I think that, going forward, the BBC will use the connected red button for any new streamed content. Connected red button streams would not need SDT records.

Old 17-10-2017, 21:20   #3064
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Not that I'm aware of, but 16 CIN streams would be quite a lot.

I think that, going forward, the BBC will use the connected red button for any new streamed content. Connected red button streams would not need SDT records.
I can't think what they could be then unless they're for local or international stations but i doubt it.
Old 17-10-2017, 22:14   #3065
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I can't think what they could be then unless they're for local or international stations but i doubt it.
Local stations would probably be on one of the local transport streams.

They could all simply be VM internal services. 16 internal services moved from TSID 1 to TSID 104 a while back and, oddly, ghost data was retained on TSID 1. Maybe this is just another relocation.

They didn't use cryptic "test" service names for the move from TSID 1 to TSID 104, so that part seems unusual, they simply updated the SDT as each service was migrated. I guess it's just one to watch.

Old 17-10-2017, 22:25   #3066
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I wonder if they are going to give each Worldbox channel its own EPG number to increase awareness & subscription fees??

Anyone know how many channels that has? I can't currently check as all my tuners are in use, not sure why it needs a tuner for internet delivered content...

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 17-10-2017 at 22:28.
Old 17-10-2017, 22:59   #3067
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wonder if they are going to give each Worldbox channel its own EPG number to increase awareness & subscription fees??

Anyone know how many channels that has? I can't currently check as all my tuners are in use, not sure why it needs a tuner for internet delivered content...
39? it would be a bit messy to list them all on the EPG.

Are you watching internet delivered content or just "on demand"? Or are you referring to Worldbox being internet delivered?

Last edited by jj20x; 17-10-2017 at 23:17.

Old 17-10-2017, 23:07   #3068
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, it's an app.

It should work even if all tuners are in use as long as you go via Apps & Games.

The Worldbox channel > Red Button route needs a tuner free
Old 18-10-2017, 00:01   #3069
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
39? it would be a bit messy to list them all on the EPG.

Are you watching internet delivered content or just "on demand"? Or are you referring to Worldbox being internet delivered?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, it's an app.

It should work even if all tuners are in use as long as you go via Apps & Games.

I was trying to select Worldbox on EPG number 834, useful to know that I can get it to work without a tuner if need be- cheers Ben.

If there are 39 channels on it, maybe they're just putting the ones that don't require an extra subscription, or only the ones that do to drive up subscribers, I can't imagine that many use it at all, never mind pay extra for it!
Old 18-10-2017, 00:17   #3070
jj20x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I was trying to select Worldbox on EPG number 834, useful to know that I can get it to work without a tuner if need be- cheers Ben.
Ok, anything accessed from the EPG is using DVB infrastructure, so needs a tuner.

Quote:
If there are 39 channels on it, maybe they're just putting the ones that don't require an extra subscription, or only the ones that do to drive up subscribers, I can't imagine that many use it at all, never mind pay extra for it!
I'm not a big fan of linking apps to the EPG, sure it would be a shop window to display extra IPTV channels but the type of content is limited to a relatively small audience. The majority of VM viewers simply won't care that Russian, Arabic etc language channels are available. Making them more visible won't really change that.

Last edited by jj20x; 18-10-2017 at 00:39.

Old 18-10-2017, 12:14   #3071
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, it's an app.

Is this the case for all Tivo streaming apps?
Old 18-10-2017, 12:35   #3072
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes.
Old 18-10-2017, 17:48   #3073
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Kix Power has been removed today from Virgin Channel 738.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Cable.co.uk: Sky Cinema to celebrate Halloween with a week of scary movies

Fans of horror films are in for a treat (or trick) this Halloween as Sky Cinema is set to launch a channel dedicated to scary movies.

Sky Cinema Halloween will be available from October 23rd to October 31st using Sky Cinema Sci-Fi and Horror channel numbers.

https://www.cable.co.uk/news/sky-cin...ies-700001968/

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Wikipedia is reporting that Christmas 24 Channels will be with us from October 21st to January 6th 2018.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-10-2017, 18:03   #3074
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Last of the summer wine has got black lines on the sides on GOLD +1 yet on GOLD it hasn't

Old 18-10-2017, 18:55   #3075
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Kix Power has been removed today from Virgin Channel 738.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Cable.co.uk: Sky Cinema to celebrate Halloween with a week of scary movies

Fans of horror films are in for a treat (or trick) this Halloween as Sky Cinema is set to launch a channel dedicated to scary movies.

Sky Cinema Halloween will be available from October 23rd to October 31st using Sky Cinema Sci-Fi and Horror channel numbers.

https://www.cable.co.uk/news/sky-cin...ies-700001968/

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Wikipedia is reporting that Christmas 24 Channels will be with us from October 21st to January 6th 2018.
*facepalm at Sky cinema * really really really.
Closed Thread