Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV (2024)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV (2024)

Old 09-01-2024, 15:49   #16
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
We may be losing even more channels
as Channel 4 is having to make cuts due to the worst downturn in advertising for 15 years.

Speculation is growing that part of the costcutting measures will include closing some channels and moving some to streaming only.

Personally I expect the Box music channels to be the first to go. They aren't Channel 4 branded, viewing of music channels continues to decrease and they are only available on Sky & Virgin.

We'll know more at the end of this month.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...uts-is-looming
Channels come and channels go
Old 09-01-2024, 17:50   #17
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Channels come and channels go
True, but there's more going than coming these days, but bills keep going up and up.

Even a FTA channel like That's TV 2 hasn't made it's way to cable, yet is on platforms that people don't pay for ie Freeview & Freesat.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2024, 21:10   #18
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

A Media Boy UK on X Source has just reveal me that "200+ channels are set to launch on Virgin Media's Stream box within the next month".

I have not seen any confirmed list of channels that will launch on Virgin's Stream.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2024, 10:11   #19
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I

Sky are set to have 3 events week of January 29th. Could be multi-court options alongside an existing channel that would be enough for a few weeks but I’m just guessing really.*

*Info from one of my followers over on X.
Announcement by end of the month
Quote:
It’s a curious situation and the paucity of Sky’ current offering is highlighted even further by Eurosport and Discovery+’s plans for 260 hours of live coverage from 17 courts at next week’s Australian Open, along with a full suite of shoulder programming.

SportsPro understands a more comprehensive plan will be revealed before the end of the month,
https://www.sportspromedia.com/insig...sports-tennis/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 12-01-2024 at 10:15.
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2024, 16:35   #20
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
A Media Boy UK on X Source has just reveal me that "200+ channels are set to launch on Virgin Media's Stream box within the next month".

I have not seen any confirmed list of channels that will launch on Virgin's Stream.
On the back of last nights story about 200+ channels set to launch in the next month on Virgin Media's Stream boxes My Blog has make up the list of channels that Virgin Media's Stream viewers are missing out on:

https://mediaboyukblog.blogspot.com/...tream-may.html

*Still to see the list of channels that will launch on Virgin Stream.
Old 13-01-2024, 20:10   #21
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
On the back of last nights story about 200+ channels set to launch in the next month on Virgin Media's Stream boxes My Blog has make up the list of channels that Virgin Media's Stream viewers are missing out on:

https://mediaboyukblog.blogspot.com/...tream-may.html

*Still to see the list of channels that will launch on Virgin Stream.
If it's 200 channels I suspect they'll be FAST channels like the Pluto portfolio.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2024, 02:10   #22
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I feel if Sky are set to launch a Tennis channel in March is would be far too early for Virgin to start test for it in January so I feel Virgin Media are set to launch HD Channels of the following Warner Bros Discovery UK Channels soon.

*CNN International HD
*Boomerang HD

OR:

Sky are set to have 3 events week of January 29th. Could be multi-court options alongside an existing channel that would be enough for a few weeks but I’m just guessing really.*

*Info from one of my followers over on X.
So it looks like CNN may come crawling back? hope so!
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2024, 19:05   #23
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Rumour:

Base on information from Media Boy UK sources Virgin Media UK may no longer be allowed to use the Virgin name from Late 2025.
Old 14-01-2024, 19:15   #24
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

It's the expiry date of the virgin name license. Liberty may renew or go their own way. Depends if they see it as value for money
Old 14-01-2024, 19:18   #25
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

True Detective won't be the only Sky Original or Sky Exclusive from Sky Atlantic coming to Virgin Media via Sky Showcase:

https://home.virginmedia.com/virgin-...new-shows-2024
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2024, 19:42   #26
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
True Detective won't be the only Sky Original or Sky Exclusive from Sky Atlantic coming to Virgin Media via Sky Showcase:

https://home.virginmedia.com/virgin-...new-shows-2024
Don’t expect ‘Game of Thrones’ on Showcase any time soon!
Old 14-01-2024, 21:13   #27
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
It's the expiry date of the virgin name license. Liberty may renew or go their own way. Depends if they see it as value for money
It was a thirty year deal with Virgin group when NTL Telewest signed the deal to use Virgin's name back in 2008 when Virgin took over Virgin Mobile.
Old 14-01-2024, 21:16   #28
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
It was a thirty year deal with Virgin group when NTL Telewest signed the deal to use Virgin's name back in 2008 when Virgin took over Virgin Mobile.
The licensing agreement expires in April 2036 but reportedly have the option to end it with one year notice after 10 or 20 years.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 14-01-2024 at 22:06.
Old 14-01-2024, 22:07   #29
TheWatcher
cf.member

Services: M125 BB, Anytime Chatter, V6 (Maxit TV)
TheWatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
The licensing agreement expires April 2036 but reportedly have the option to end it with one year notice after 10 or 20 years.
So according to this, the earliest they could end the deal is 2026, not 2025. Media Boy is mistaken.
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2024, 22:12   #30
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

I suppose they could announce the ending of the brand officially later in 2025 having already given notice in April 2025 but with rebranding date of April 2026, O2 would probably be the new name if it happened.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 14-01-2024 at 22:20.