Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Old 25-07-2017, 18:00   #466
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I assume I'll get an assessment after they get this paperwork back. Natalie is reading through it now as they didn't send it in a suitable format for me to look at.
i don't see how they could possibly turn you down
Old 25-07-2017, 18:32   #467
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yup
I don't think you're going to have any problems at all and we found the forms much easier than the old DLA ones. It's never nice going through this stuff but don't let the all the social media garbage add to your worries. There's nothing to be gained by that at all.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 09:10   #468
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
I got my letter this morning
So sorry to hear that dilli but sadly it was just a matter before that dreaded envelope came through the door.

---------- Post added at 08:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i don't see how they could possibly turn you down
Sadly a imperfect system does this a lot more then you think it does.

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
It seems that a perfect system that serves genuine claimants, the Government and the taxpayer is unattainable. As such, it seems to me that the system (with inherent emotional detachment) that's in place is as workable as any alternative.

It's the cheats who should be blamed if the system is felt to be too invasive or onerous, not the DWP.
That it certainly is but l don't think you can blame the civil servants who carry out this task as they get their orders from those above who set the criteria for PIP.
Old 26-07-2017, 16:24   #469
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

From all I see/hear from various sources I don't trust a fair assessment to take place.

I may think I'm a genuine case but plenty in here and some other people I know don't.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 17:07   #470
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Ignore the haters dilli till they walk in your shoes they have no right to judge. Take my illness I'm very ill with it yet there are people who only have a few flare ups, then there is peanut he is far worse than me. I may look ok and if I hear one more time oh look at you I bet you have no trouble buying clothes when I want to scream actually I do it is not nice having to look in the children's department for clothing when your a 48 year old woman. Some people really need to think before they make comments they know nothing about.

I say ignore the haters and embrace the people who understand.

Last edited by weenie; 26-07-2017 at 17:10.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 17:29   #471
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Ignore the haters dilli till they walk in your shoes they have no right to judge. Take my illness I'm very ill with it yet there are people who only have a few flare ups, then there is peanut he is far worse than me. I may look ok and if I hear one more time oh look at you I bet you have no trouble buying clothes when I want to scream actually I do it is not nice having to look in the children's department for clothing when your a 48 year old woman. Some people really need to think before they make comments they know nothing about.

I say ignore the haters and embrace the people who understand.
Yep a prejudiced mind is a closed mind weenie...

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Quote:
From all I see/hear from various sources I don't trust a fair assessment to take place.

I may think I'm a genuine case but plenty in here and some other people I know don't.
One of the main things is to make sure you have up to date medical information stating how much your condition affects you on a daily basis and the daily needs you have because of it as PIP is not the awarded for the condition itself but on how you are affected by your medical conditions.
Old 26-07-2017, 23:03   #472
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

I think one of your 'tools' has got to you Dilli.

You have known, serious medical conditions and plenty of evidence to support that fact. I'm not sure what you're worried about but do you think you won't qualify for the enhanced rate on both care and mobility? I think you'll find out it's easier than you've been led to believe but whatever the outcome worrying about it for months won't change anything except your state of mind for the worse.
Old 27-07-2017, 10:51   #473
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
the facts are there is a lot of fiddling going on and trying to sweep it under the carpet won't work anymore sadly as sad as it sadly might sadly be sadly .
The fiddling is undoubtedly there, but I doubt it's as prevalent as the media would have you believe. My reason for this? Simple. I know people who are claiming, and most of them do have genuine reasons for their claims.

That's not hard evidence by any means, but then neither is a newspaper article showing one man climbing mountains while claiming benefits evidence that mass fraud exists.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 11:07   #474
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The fraud cases are not quick one-off instances. They have often gone on for several years. Therefore they have not been in the fraud figures for all of those years. There is undiscovered fraud not in the figures. There is also "difficult to disprove" fraud where people are getting away with it. In the past, it would have been back pain that was the most lied about or exaggerated condition. Nowadays depression is the easy option. Impossible to disprove. All you have to do is get your GP to prescribe anti-depressants and that is the required "proof". Even though technically, taking the anti-depressants should mean you are no longer depressed and not eligible for benefits.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 11:52   #475
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The fraud cases are not quick one-off instances. They have often gone on for several years. Therefore they have not been in the fraud figures for all of those years. There is undiscovered fraud not in the figures. There is also "difficult to disprove" fraud where people are getting away with it. In the past, it would have been back pain that was the most lied about or exaggerated condition. Nowadays depression is the easy option. Impossible to disprove. All you have to do is get your GP to prescribe anti-depressants and that is the required "proof". Even though technically, taking the anti-depressants should mean you are no longer depressed and not eligible for benefits.
And the frauds have to be weeded out; this can only be of benefit to genuine claimants and the taxpayer. If there are "haters", they are people who hate fakes and fakers who hate the fact that they are being found out.
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 11:58   #476
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
And the frauds have to be weeded out; this can only be of benefit to genuine claimants and the taxpayer. If there are "haters", they are people who hate fakes and fakers who hate the fact that they are being found out.
yay

vote Kursk
Old 27-07-2017, 12:01   #477
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
yay

vote Kursk
Arf arf touché
Kursk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 13:24   #478
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
The fiddling is undoubtedly there, but I doubt it's as prevalent as the media would have you believe. My reason for this? Simple. I know people who are claiming, and most of them do have genuine reasons for their claims.

That's not hard evidence by any means, but then neither is a newspaper article showing one man climbing mountains while claiming benefits evidence that mass fraud exists.
The trouble is that people can easily lie about working off the books for example, living with someone, subletting council property, hiding assets, exaggerating/feigning symptoms, their identity or any number of things which might affect their entitlement too or the level benefit they receive. You might feel you 'know' they have circumstances/issues which can be claimed for but if you don't know all the detail of what they're claiming it's impossible to say if or to what extent they're abusing the rules. Having said that I think most people would have a great deal more sympathy for someone who's genuinely suffering in some way and claims a bit too much than someone who sets out to defraud the system for as much as they can.

Last edited by Osem; 27-07-2017 at 13:33.
Old 03-08-2017, 21:35   #479
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

hey diddle diddle sadly the runners on the fiddle

Marathon runner said he could not walk claims £38k in disability benefits

After being awarded disability living allowance Totterdell set about training for marathons, half-marathons and other running activities during the six-year scam.

Prosecutor Ian Foinette told Canterbury Crown Court Totterdell claimed benefits totalling £38,491.60 between September 2009 to May 2015.

His wife is due to stand trial next year for a similar offence. In application forms the couple, from Dover, Kent, allegedly claimed Totterdell also needed sticks or crutches to walk.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/836...ham-totterdell

Last edited by papa smurf; 03-08-2017 at 21:41.
papa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 21:50   #480
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
hey diddle diddle sadly the runners on the fiddle

Marathon runner said he could not walk claims £38k in disability benefits

After being awarded disability living allowance Totterdell set about training for marathons, half-marathons and other running activities during the six-year scam.

Prosecutor Ian Foinette told Canterbury Crown Court Totterdell claimed benefits totalling £38,491.60 between September 2009 to May 2015.

His wife is due to stand trial next year for a similar offence. In application forms the couple, from Dover, Kent, allegedly claimed Totterdell also needed sticks or crutches to walk.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/836...ham-totterdell