Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Broadband down, 13 hours and counting

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Broadband down, 13 hours and counting

Old 17-07-2017, 23:09   #16
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Broadband down, 13 hours and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
That would more like be poor SNRs on either downstreams (maybe a faulty amplifier) or extremely poor upstream SNRs
I assume you meant that in relation to the post I made about loss of upstreams..... I am on the business service and business faults confirmed an area issue affecting it.

What I have noticed today I have 24 downstream channels, which was 16 before today. There was planned work under C00831699 today, which I assume was this. There is further planned work for the 19th under ref C00831704. The business team are good at sending out emails in advance to warm of planned work that will be service affecting.

Still only 2 upstreams though. No idea if the are 16QAM or 64 QAM as the Hitron only shows this on the downstreams. The upstream details are below. I am still getting the odd reported upstream frequencies. A 3rd upstream is available as sometimes that one appears instead of one of these two, but never all three together.

Speedtests show upstream congestion at the moment - not getting much above 9-10 Mb/s up on a 20 Mb/s upstream service - but get close to 360 Mb/s down usually.

Port Frequency (Hz) BandWidth Modulation Power (dBmV) Channel
1 37600004 6400000 ATDMA 43.250 1
2 30999991 6400000 ATDMA 41.750 2

Last edited by ccarmock; 17-07-2017 at 23:13.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-07-2017, 23:53   #17
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarmock View Post
I assume you meant that in relation to the post I made about loss of upstreams..... I am on the business service and business faults confirmed an area issue affecting it.

What I have noticed today I have 24 downstream channels, which was 16 before today. There was planned work under C00831699 today, which I assume was this. There is further planned work for the 19th under ref C00831704. The business team are good at sending out emails in advance to warm of planned work that will be service affecting.

Still only 2 upstreams though. No idea if the are 16QAM or 64 QAM as the Hitron only shows this on the downstreams. The upstream details are below. I am still getting the odd reported upstream frequencies. A 3rd upstream is available as sometimes that one appears instead of one of these two, but never all three together.

Speedtests show upstream congestion at the moment - not getting much above 9-10 Mb/s up on a 20 Mb/s upstream service - but get close to 360 Mb/s down usually.

Port Frequency (Hz) BandWidth Modulation Power (dBmV) Channel
1 37600004 6400000 ATDMA 43.250 1
2 30999991 6400000 ATDMA 41.750 2

Nope was in relation to skies comment about modem being locked on but not passing any traffic. But in regards to the C00 number that is a change number so your extra downstreams will be due to that work
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 22:41   #18
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

Got it - thanks for the info. Hopefully the 2nd change will be to do something about upstream capacity :-)
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote