Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 14-12-2013, 18:02   #1636
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Done. The racing game I've loved and enjoyed since the very first entry has now decided for the need to add silly hints at the bottom of finished races to tell me I can buy virtual money. Thanks Microsoft. Love it. I hope this isn't the future of gaming. Still.. It could be Gran Turismo

Just gonna leave the Xbox now until new releases. Anyone got a list? usually a list of upcoming games.
Old 14-12-2013, 22:26   #1637
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I phoned the MS Store's UK number to buy Complete, 0800 026 0329 (because the service website repeatedly failed to get past step 1 when trying to buy it from there).

It sounded like a standard off-shore call centre to me.

I'm not sure if you should phone that or Support, though, in your case, as you didn't buy via the Store.

One of the many examples of Microsoft's stupidity is that its systems are not linked: Because I bought MS Complete from the MS Store via the phone, the extended warranty does not show up if I visit the service website (myservice.xbox.com), all the service site shows for me is the standard warranty. I do have the extended warranty, but cannot make use of it via the service website as it does not know I have it

Contrast that with Apple...I bought my iPad and iMac from the Apple Online Store and my iPhone from the local Apple Retail Store. All three have Apple Care, purchased via the Retail Store for the iPhone, the Online Store for the iPad, and the Amazon Marketplace for the iMac. All three devices are listed on my Apple support profile on the Apple website, and all three have the correct warranty information listed even though the devices and extended warranties were bought from different parts of Apple (with one extended warranty not even purchased via Apple at all).
I have exactly the same issue, any idea what we need to do?
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2013, 23:31   #1638
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
I have exactly the same issue, any idea what we need to do?
Which issue is this? The same as mine getting charged 23%?
Old 15-12-2013, 00:02   #1639
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Nope, the support site not taking into account I have the extended warranty
Old 15-12-2013, 00:39   #1640
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

There is nothing you can do except roll your eyes at Microsoft's bizarrely antiquated non-integrated systems...

You *do* have MS Complete... you just can't make use of it via the service website.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2013, 13:27   #1641
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Is it normal for the HDD to be constantly reading/writing on the console? Cos that's all I can hear, although it's faint
Old 15-12-2013, 15:47   #1642
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I hope MS increase the game DVR from 5 mims. I wanted to record a 2 lap race so trimmed multiple clips but as over 5 mins unable to upload. You can't even capture a full FIFA 14 game with 5 mins
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 18:56   #1643
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age
Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Just thought i would purchase the X1 service plan, i didn't expect to be charged 23% tax though on the final order, so it cost £73.79 in total, it needed to be done within 45 days though of purchase.
Just been through the website , got all the way to confirm order and it adds 23% tax on also ??? , there is a box that says +20% tax as well but this was 'greyed' out , not ordered now . Have you spoken to them ?
Old 16-12-2013, 20:39   #1644
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I brought BF4 last night and as it was late and downloading didn't play online. I've come this evening to play a few games and only been able to play 2 games as it keeps coming up saying I've lost connection to the host. I thought this was meant to be fixed in a patch?
Old 16-12-2013, 22:01   #1645
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
Just been through the website , got all the way to confirm order and it adds 23% tax on also ??? , there is a box that says +20% tax as well but this was 'greyed' out , not ordered now . Have you spoken to them ?
Not got around to it yet, may even let it ride as I don't need this hassle right now.
Old 16-12-2013, 22:57   #1646
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I tempted to get a X1 this week if available.

Should I take the plunge or wait, what do you say guys?
Old 17-12-2013, 01:29   #1647
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulky View Post
You can order by phone, like Wayne and I did. The service website won't see the extended warranty, so any time you need to use it will have to be via the phone, but at least you won't get screwed over with 23% tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Not got around to it yet, may even let it ride as I don't need this hassle right now.
Don't let them screw you over because it's "hassle" to chase a refund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I brought BF4 last night and as it was late and downloading didn't play online. I've come this evening to play a few games and only been able to play 2 games as it keeps coming up saying I've lost connection to the host. I thought this was meant to be fixed in a patch?
BF4? Fixed? Ha ha ha

It's better than before, but there are still many issues. I didn't have any crashes to the dash *during* games or map transitions last night, but it did crash to the dash when I quit a game at the end of a round. Still also getting audio drop-outs on Golmud Railway and other maps.

It's a work in progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I tempted to get a X1 this week if available.

Should I take the plunge or wait, what do you say guys?

Hmm.

What do you want from it? What games would you play?

Do you care about the TV function?

Would you use it for DVDs at all or just Blu-rays?

Would you want to be able to stream media to it, or do you have something else for that?
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 05:55   #1648
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

BF4 is a waste of space. The update fixes sweet fa.
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 07:25   #1649
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

They're already talking Battlefield 5.. EA are an unbelievable company. They really are the Ryanair of games. It seems Battlefield is joining the ranks beside FIFA in becoming the bug filled lazy release on a yearly basis. I've heard the argument that EA simply publish the game. EA own DICE, bare that in mind.

I just don't get it, they're constantly voted the worst company in the world, they were one of the first to lead the way with regards to online passes, they put a micro-transaction on pretty much anything they can. They lead the way with 'Day One' DLC which is finished months before the games release and can adequately fit on the provided media.

I'm not a die hard BF fan by any means but for me this isn't a surprise at all, I've played FIFA since the 90's and ever since FIFA 08 the game has been destroyed each year with bugs. I mean there's a bug in FIFA 14 that's been around since FIFA 11 for heavens sake. They had an issue in which anyone on a Netgear router couldn't play online and it took them an entire year to fix it after spending the best part of 11 months blaming people's ISP's.

I'm not saying they won't completely fix Battlefield 4 but you should expect the worst, bad things happen when EA push for yearly releases. As with FIFA you'll typically get a response along the lines of ''We've fixed it for BF5''

Quote:
We won't release expansion packs till the problems are resolved
But you'll still sell it on Origin along with the micro transactions for kit shortcuts.

I love the reviews though, especially the ones they've paid for. Polygon later hammered them for the Multi-Player aspect but typically IGN and co are still on the EA payroll.

I only wish you all could just play Arma III with me instead. I also have an interesting XB1 and PS4 related post I'll stick up later regarding upcoming stuff at E3 2014 and the possibilities but I'll let someone cover up this post first instead of having a merged post.
Old 17-12-2013, 08:21   #1650
nstokes
Inactive

I didnt have any dash crashes, whats was happening is i choose a game and it just ethier kicked me out saying lost connection or would just hang at a black screen and i would have to go back to dash and quit game and start again