Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 16:51   #991
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You guys may want to reconsider buying Ghosts because it looks like crap in this 360,ps3,ps4 comparison video, definitely not next gen in my opinion compared to the BF4 video comparison video, am i being too harsh on it what do you guys think?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...-ghosts-review
I did warn you all!

As for the lag. Fps lag has been common since MW3 its the development rather than consoles.
Old 05-11-2013, 17:17   #992
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
You guys may want to reconsider buying Ghosts because it looks like crap in this 360,ps3,ps4 comparison video, definitely not next gen in my opinion compared to the BF4 video comparison video, am i being too harsh on it what do you guys think?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...-ghosts-review
Dont think it looks bad at all. Notice they reviewed on Xbox One as well but their views on that are embargo'd.
Old 05-11-2013, 17:24   #993
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Embargoed for another week i thought i heard.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 17:58   #994
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
On a side note only 17 days to go. These 17 days will drag like hell. The actual morning day will also drag while i wait for the delivery. I am hoping i will be an AM slot for delivery and not an PM slot
Fingers crossed for me too. I have the 22nd and the following week off
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 18:24   #995
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

As long as people keep buying COD it'll continue getting worse. It's been that way since they binned the original Infiinity Ward. If people stopped buying it they'd actually make an effort to get it to level it was at in COD 4.All I see now is a game that's constaantly dumbed down each year so that the skill requirement is that of a 3 year old. Luckily due to GTA V theres no game that's coming close to that financial record due to ridiculous sales and because not everyone will be NG for about 4-5 years.

I urge you all to instead look at Titanfall (The REAL Infinity ward) and support a game that's actually worth £40

However SnoopZ was right, the difference between NG and CG versions are minimal. Would you expect anything less from a company that sells the same product each year with a few new maps?

Solution is simple, we kill the batman. No seriously though, a 1080p upgraded COD 4 with new maps and additional weapons would get more praise than this rubbish.
Old 05-11-2013, 22:46   #996
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
As long as people keep buying COD it'll continue getting worse. It's been that way since they binned the original Infiinity Ward. If people stopped buying it they'd actually make an effort to get it to level it was at in COD 4.All I see now is a game that's constaantly dumbed down each year so that the skill requirement is that of a 3 year old. Luckily due to GTA V theres no game that's coming close to that financial record due to ridiculous sales and because not everyone will be NG for about 4-5 years.

I urge you all to instead look at Titanfall (The REAL Infinity ward) and support a game that's actually worth £40

However SnoopZ was right, the difference between NG and CG versions are minimal. Would you expect anything less from a company that sells the same product each year with a few new maps?

Solution is simple, we kill the batman. No seriously though, a 1080p upgraded COD 4 with new maps and additional weapons would get more praise than this rubbish.
tbh it's the first wave of next gen games. Give it a year or two for devs to really get to grips with the hardware. Same happened with current gen. Look back at graphics on launch games compared to now.

If you go to the official Titanfall site you can download a 1080p @ 30fps video of multiplayer. It looks spectacular, video is over 900mb for only a few minutes of gameplay though. Very high bit rate.

There is a lot more to the COD games each year. More so when it used to alternate between the two dev teams.
Old 05-11-2013, 23:16   #997
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
tbh it's the first wave of next gen games. Give it a year or two for devs to really get to grips with the hardware. Same happened with current gen. Look back at graphics on launch games compared to now.

If you go to the official Titanfall site you can download a 1080p @ 30fps video of multiplayer. It looks spectacular, video is over 900mb for only a few minutes of gameplay though. Very high bit rate.

There is a lot more to the COD games each year. More so when it used to alternate between the two dev teams.
Like what? A dog or some moving fish? It's MW3 reskinned and with a name change. They aren't fooling anyone when we all know it's just another Modern Warfare game. The MW series died with Infinity Ward. I think 3ARC produce better COD games than the fake Infinity Ward which I think you've mentioned in that last bit. Honestly it has to be 3ARC taking over full time or remaking COD 4 because the reviews activision haven't bought currently have this at 5/10. Hopefully the nail in the coffin.

Modern Warfare 1-2, Sensational. (Infinity Ward)
Modern Warfare 3-4, Awful. (Fake Infinity Ward)
Black Ops 1-2 Brilliant. (Treyarch)
I think the cause is quite clear.

You're right though there is more to COD games but I think it's every 2 years because It's Treyarch that bring the changes.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:47   #998
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Like what? A dog or some moving fish? It's MW3 reskinned and with a name change. They aren't fooling anyone when we all know it's just another Modern Warfare game. The MW series died with Infinity Ward. I think 3ARC produce better COD games than the fake Infinity Ward which I think you've mentioned in that last bit. Honestly it has to be 3ARC taking over full time or remaking COD 4 because the reviews activision haven't bought currently have this at 5/10. Hopefully the nail in the coffin.

Modern Warfare 1-2, Sensational. (Infinity Ward)
Modern Warfare 3-4, Awful. (Fake Infinity Ward)
Black Ops 1-2 Brilliant. (Treyarch)
I think the cause is quite clear.

You're right though there is more to COD games but I think it's every 2 years because It's Treyarch that bring the changes.
Not sure what you mean by fake Infinity Ward? It was started by Infinity and then due to lay offs and issues due to Activision and former execs another team(Sledgehammer games) were brought in to help finish the game off with Raven software updating the menus.

Also where is Modern Warfare 4? I don't remember that one.

Many of the changes are under the hood. Improvements to the game engine, new versions of the engine and physics.

I enjoyed playing all the COD games though. Don't think I've thought any of them were awful per say.

Personally I can't wait to eventually get hold of the new game and eventually the Xbox One.

Although you may want to get Ghosts on the WiiU as its Treyarch that developed that console version
Old 06-11-2013, 12:40   #999
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

cod games have been terrible since they removed tanks out of it that was wow it been same rubbish every year just getting worse each time i am not buying at all it a waste of money in my opinion BF4 is quality game ps4/ xbox one video u couldn't tell the difference
Harryn9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 16:40   #1000
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Oh dear lol........

Ghosts cut scene copied from MW2, that is ridiculous.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...dern-warfare-2
Old 06-11-2013, 17:08   #1001
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I think I've justified my point of calling it modern warfare 4.
Old 06-11-2013, 17:20   #1002
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Battlefield 4 really does look so much better i can't wait.
Old 06-11-2013, 18:06   #1003
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Battlefield 4 is generally the same as 3 but it's multilayer is still far superior to Ghosts.

It's a shame both games are plagued by the two biggest DLC whoring publishers in the industry however.
Old 06-11-2013, 18:07   #1004
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

It looked and felt far superior when i played it for 10mins, roll on November 22nd.
Old 06-11-2013, 18:09   #1005
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Oh dear lol........

Ghosts cut scene copied from MW2, that is ridiculous.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...dern-warfare-2
if you read it appears it was meant deliberately as a homage