Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 22:32   #2341
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Xbox One Thread

Yup. EA Access gives you early access 5 days before release, and lets you play the full game for 6 hours in that time.

The full digital preload itself will unlock at 12:01am on the release day - with or without EA Access.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-09-2014, 05:52   #2342
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Cool, I installed it ready to go last night, so I won't have to do it on release day
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 19:10   #2343
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

Been playing Destiny all day, and was streaming it so that I could put some footage up on Youtube only to find, that I forgot to turn the sound off on my phone which I was using to monitor the chat for Twitch incase, I got anyone actually watching the stream.

So 6 hours worth of footage cannot be used thanks to it having my voice in the background repeating what I had, just said a few seconds earlier.

Not happy with the quality of the videos though, but until I get a 2nd monitor and some capture card for my pc I will just have to use Twitch for recording gameplay videos.
Old 14-09-2014, 12:18   #2344
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Hows everyone in the preview program getting on streaming MKV media to their Xbox One? It is so good for me i don't bother with Xvids anymore.

The no DTS support isnt an issue for me as i listen through my TV speakers so i just remux the audio to be able to play it.
Old 14-09-2014, 12:45   #2345
damien c
cf.mega poster

damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age

Not in the preview program but I use my smart tv for streaming the streaming with Serviio running on the pc.

The only file my tv won't play up to now is anything in the .avi file type so I have to convert those files to either .WMA or .MKV and then they play fine.

Went on Destiny this morning, and streamed it to Twitch then downloaded the video and converted it and put it on Youtube and the quality isn't as bad as I first thought, it was going to be although it is lower than I would like it to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eXRC28KM78

Going to carry on and will also try some other games when I get round to putting Destiny down but the game, is just to interesting to put down at the moment.
Old 14-09-2014, 15:40   #2346
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Hows everyone in the preview program getting on streaming MKV media to their Xbox One? It is so good for me i don't bother with Xvids anymore.

The no DTS support isnt an issue for me as i listen through my TV speakers so i just remux the audio to be able to play it.

I've tested it, but I find it easier to just stream straight to my Smart TV.

I also found that it doesn't work with PS3 Media Server or Universal Media Server - although that's the fault of PMS/UMS, as the Xbox One will happily stream from my wife's NAS.
Old 14-09-2014, 15:59   #2347
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I've tested it, but I find it easier to just stream straight to my Smart TV.

I also found that it doesn't work with PS3 Media Server or Universal Media Server - although that's the fault of PMS/UMS, as the Xbox One will happily stream from my wife's NAS.
I guess if i had a modern smart TV that let me stream MKV i would never need this.
Old 14-09-2014, 19:04   #2348
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

I've only had the TV since January/February.

If I didn't have a Smart TV, I'd definitely still be wanting to stream to a console.
Old 15-09-2014, 00:20   #2349
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

loving Destiny
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 08:07   #2350
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
loving Destiny
Hmm...I have held off buying, as I read some reviews that said it was repetitive, I am guessing you think different
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 08:50   #2351
damien c
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Hmm...I have held off buying, as I read some reviews that said it was repetitive, I am guessing you think different
It does seem abit repetitive, but there is alot of fun to be had doing not only the story line missions but also the missions in the patrol area.

I have been having alot of fun, but it probably will be alot better if there is a couple of people at the same time playing.
Old 15-09-2014, 10:20   #2352
Acathla
cf.mega poster

Acathla has reached the bronze age
Acathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze ageAcathla has reached the bronze age

It's very repetitive but you know what I don't care, it's the kind of repetitive that I enjoy. It's basically a load of mini missions - either solo ones or fireteam (3 people ones). With a bit of freeroam/missions and PVP thrown in for good measure. The mission level scales with your level so as you get a higher level, the missions get harder.

I mean I play Fifa a lot - that's pretty repetitive too isn't it?

If you see me in game and want to team up - feel free to invite me.
Acathla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 15:50   #2353
damien c
cf.mega poster

Well I should be on tonight between 6pm and 8:30pm.
Old 16-09-2014, 17:44   #2354
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Forza Horizon demo is now live and so is pre order/pre loading the game. There are 3 editions of the game as well.
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 20:31   #2355
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Forza Horizon demo is now live and so is pre order/pre loading the game. There are 3 editions of the game as well.
just downloaded it looks good
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote