Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [merged] Belkin 54G Lagging

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[merged] Belkin 54G Lagging

Old 05-08-2005, 14:46   #1
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them
Ping issues

My Set-Up ; Two Pcs one belkin router and cable modem from NTL. second Pc connected via wireless.

Lately i and user of second Pc have been experiencing pinging out of games alot when on one machine at time and when on both at time. can anyone recommend performance tips or tricks to get most out of my 2mb connetion.
akane1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2005, 17:20   #2
akane1984
Inactive

akane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about themakane1984 has a spectacular aura about them
Belkin 54G

Lately my wireless Pc operated by my brother and my Pc have been lagging alot online, i have noticed my Routers connected LED is blinking. any thoughts??
Old 05-08-2005, 17:23   #3
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Belkin 54G

Would this be the same problem that you asked about here:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...ad.php?t=33082

?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 17:26   #4
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Is the blinking indicating traffic?
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 17:37   #5
akane1984
Inactive

yeah sorry at that point i didnt' know router connected light was blinking. no its not traffice soon as connected light stops being solid and blinks thats when internet dies on me.
Old 05-08-2005, 17:58   #6
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [merged] Belkin 54G Lagging

Threads merged and moved to Computers & IT discussion.
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 18:11   #7
akane1984
Inactive

ok i need help led on under connected is knocking me off internet every 5 mins am now connected directly to modem and router is turned off, please help.
Old 05-08-2005, 19:38   #8
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

If your router is complety disconnected, you powered down your PC and modem and then rebooted such that the only connections are ethernet direct between the modem and PC, the problem is either the PC itself is up to no good, or the modem is getting an incorrect signal from the cable network.

I assume you are satisfied your PC is patched currently, free if viruses, spyware and that sort of stuff. You are using current drivers for the network card too.

I assume too you do not have any p2p type software running.

If the above applies it's time for a call to ntl faults. Leave the PC as it is directly connected to the modem, nothing else connected to the modem. Don't confuse them with the network (ntl wont support it anyway). Just say you have unplugged the network, rebooted everything and the problem persists, y9ou now only have a PC directly connected via ethernet to the modem. Describe precisely the fault and ask the operator to check the signal levels. Don't be fobbed off by them failure that frequently is just not acceptable.
Old 05-08-2005, 20:26   #9
akane1984
Inactive

hm i ve had modem connected directly for hours now and its fine soon as i connect router back up within 5 mins connected led flashes and i loose internet , power is still on to the router and all ntl modem lights are as should be.
Old 05-08-2005, 20:33   #10
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

Oh, OK, so no problem when there is no router used, but problme if it is being used.

When you are doing nothing on your PCs indeed, they are powered off, does the router to modem connection still fail?
Old 05-08-2005, 20:58   #11
akane1984
Inactive

i honestly havent' looked while PCs are off. i had old 11mbps belkin before got 54g one and after time it started to randomly d/c today
Old 05-08-2005, 21:01   #12
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

Only reasons why a router would cause a problem with modem is a physical fault with it, or too much traffic through it overloading the cable conection.

Presumably the router is operating in default mode, manufacturar's settings (don't worry about securtity and stuff initially, get it working first, then add the niceties. Are there any firmware upgrades available from the Belkin site?
Old 05-08-2005, 23:26   #13
akane1984
Inactive

yes i got latest firmware; found on another forum that Belkin recommend you use channel 6 and a belkhome type of ssid, i was on channel 11, have changed to 6 and now connected light is solid, for now!!