Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 200M? They must be joking!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

200M? They must be joking!

Old 17-03-2017, 00:52   #1
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation
200M? They must be joking!

Just checked, and it's been almost exactly eight years since I was last here!

Anyway, had the Full Bundle 200m product, with 2 V6 boxes, installed last Thursday, believing the blurb that I would get that speed.

Best it managed on the day was 79meg, which soon sank below what I was previously getting from ADSL, and frequently dropping to zero. Reported it as a fault, and had to wait until Wednesday for someone to come round. He fixed all the loose connections left by the original installer, as well as replacing the broken brown cover on the external box and the broken cap on the pavement that had been ignored.

It's now giving me between 30meg and 50meg. Nothing like I signed up for. But I was told that this area would be due for a speed upgrade in the next few weeks (exact date unknown).

Is it worth complaining, or will that be another pointless exercise?
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2017, 12:11   #2
yorkshireborn
Inactive

Services: SkyQ silver 2TB SkyQ mini multiroom Boxset skysports HD skymovies HD Virgin vivid 350meg
yorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about themyorkshireborn has a spectacular aura about them
Re: 200M? They must be joking!

tell em to come back and sort it or you will use your cooling off time to cancel.

I wouldn't except any excuse they give to try and get out of doing the work.
yorkshireborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 14:17   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Ask for a reduction in your bill until the upgrade is complete.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 21:16   #4
The PIT
Inactive

The PIT will become famous soon enoughThe PIT will become famous soon enoughThe PIT will become famous soon enough

If the issue is congestion you could be waiting for years for a fix in the worst case.
My advise is to cancel if you got BT infinity in the area and keep checking on their forums https://community.virginmedia.com/ too see if they actually fix the issue or it's a review date that constantly keeps getting shoved back..
The PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2017, 22:30   #5
Dingbat
cf.member

Dingbat has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PIT View Post
If the issue is congestion you could be waiting for years for a fix in the worst case.
My advise is to cancel if you got BT infinity in the area and keep checking on their forums https://community.virginmedia.com/ too see if they actually fix the issue or it's a review date that constantly keeps getting shoved back..
It was because I could not get Infinity that I decided to go to VM, even though I first registered interest in Infinity in 2012 when it was first announced by BT in an internal news feed (I worked for BT for 40 years!)

Anyway, speed has dramatically improved since another VM engineer came and reterminated all the internal and external cable connections left loose by the installer. He also mentioned that the UBR serving this area is due for upgrade in the next few weeks. At which point I should get closer to what I'm paying for.
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote