Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Class

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Class

Old 29-09-2016, 01:48   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Class

A Dr Who spin off apparently ;

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/ar...spin-off-class

Quote:
It’s a new term at Coal Hill Academy, and students are preparing for their Autumn Prom. But when the school comes under attack, four alienated students must form an unlikely alliance to defeat them.

Charlie, April, Ram, and Tanya, assisted by their physics teacher Miss Quill, are charged with a great responsibility by the mysterious alien known as the Doctor: guard against the creatures of nightmare that want nothing more than to find a way through to Earth and take it for their own.
Starts on BBC Three on October 22, 2016

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-09-2016, 02:28   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Class

Puts me off when they mention students.

If they had to do another Who spinoff why couldn't it have been Torchwood made by the BBC of course. Instead of leaving it on that pile of crap Starz left us with.

I'll give it the first two for Capaldi's sake. Not going in with high hopes though.
Old 29-09-2016, 07:21   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

It's been labeled as a British Buffy. Been looking forward to this since it was announced.

Coal hill school again which is where Who began and also featured in a few class stories, including Remembrance of the Daleks.
Old 29-09-2016, 19:30   #4
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I shall give it a chance, see whats its like.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:02   #5
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

If they're actively pushing Who stuff again and not reigning it back with less episodes and so forth then I still hold hope that we'll get a very last season of Torchwood in the format of Children of the earth. There's still so many gaps to be filled in Jack's story. The worst part is Barrowman is pushing for Torchwood to return but in his own words is being blocked by ego's. Sources: He spoke in July about opening talks with people about the return of Torchwood to the BBC (Not a co-production) He did open the talks but the results weren't made public. Fast forward to September and he claims the return is unlikely due to the ego claim above.

I'll give anything who related a go though. Capaldi being in episode 1 of this essentially makes it a new Doctor Who episode before going off on its own. Here's hoping its a new chapter for the BBC, in a sense they stop cutting the things I like
Old 18-11-2016, 04:06   #6
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Thoughts?

Its not amazing but its not bad either. I could definitely keep watching it. A teen take on Torchwood if you will or as put above, Buffy.

The Alex Clare opening is a good theme... Just not for this show. I don't think it fits at all.
Old 18-11-2016, 04:15   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I am enjoying it but also would the doctor leave the fate of earth in the hands of a few school kids?

I agree the theme should be more like the other ones from Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane.
Old 18-11-2016, 04:18   #8
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Only seen the first ep so far, cant say I was over impressed, it didnt really make me want to rush on and see the next one - but I will likely see Ep 2 this weekend, see if it gets any better.

Old 18-11-2016, 17:57   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I am enjoying it but also would the doctor leave the fate of earth in the hands of a few school kids?

I agree the theme should be more like the other ones from Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane.
I'm assuming it's more leaving it to them under Quills guidance. Regarding The Doctor unfortunately its an effect of spin offs. See Children of the Earth and Miracle day. The doctor would never miss either event. Its something I always actively question.

Needs time to fully establish itself. Feel like BBC3 hinders that a bit now. Can't tell me there isn't a gap somewhere on the first two.

If Barrowman sticks at pushing for Torchwood, let's say class gets 2 seasons. They leave school with such alien knowledge.. Jack Harkness just called, introducing the new recruits to Torchwood 3 Cardiff. Which then ties in with Gwen Cooper's 2017 timeline revival of Torchwood.

So yeah, different opinions on Class all round from what I've seen on the web but I definitely see a future and possibly even a bigger picture possibility as suggested above.
Old 04-12-2016, 22:26   #10
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

The Angels are back then. Story arc is getting a bit big for a group of school kids