Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Consumer 4G launching October 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service

Consumer 4G launching October 2016

Old 30-10-2016, 15:54   #61
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: Consumer 4G launching October 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
October I was told, it is not today, so it must be tomorrow, always 'tomorrow'
As per usual with VM "coming soon"😂
Advertisement
Old 30-10-2016, 18:13   #62
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Phone is still showing H+, no 4G here...
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 14:25   #63
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Just transferred to 3 the 4G is lightning quick.
Me too. I'm just awaiting my number be transferred over from iD
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:27   #64
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Me too. I'm just awaiting my number be transferred over from iD
Good stuff.
Old 05-11-2016, 13:29   #65
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

This from the Virgin Media Community forum this morning.

"Looks like some of the help articles have been updated with 4G information.

If you go to https://m.virginecare.com then you will see that this page now has a new look - especially when you access this page using your Virgin Mobile phone! Quite well done actually!

The 4G help articles can be accessed if you click on the Help section at the bottom of the page and there you will see a whole section dedicated to 4G."

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

This was posted over at the Digitalspy forums:

"Take this as you will, but this appears to be the pricing for the 4G plans, which will launch next monday

Quote:
£6: 300 Mins, unlimited texts, 300MB data

£9: 1500 Mins, unlimited texts, 1GB data

£12: 2500 Mins, unlimited texts, 2GB data

£15: 2500 Mins, unlimited texts, 4GB data

£25: 5000 Mins, unlimited texts, 20GB data "
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 13:45   #66
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
This from the Virgin Media Community forum this morning.

"Looks like some of the help articles have been updated with 4G information.

If you go to https://m.virginecare.com then you will see that this page now has a new look - especially when you access this page using your Virgin Mobile phone! Quite well done actually!

The 4G help articles can be accessed if you click on the Help section at the bottom of the page and there you will see a whole section dedicated to 4G."

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

This was posted over at the Digitalspy forums:

"Take this as you will, but this appears to be the pricing for the 4G plans, which will launch next monday

Quote:
£6: 300 Mins, unlimited texts, 300MB data

£9: 1500 Mins, unlimited texts, 1GB data

£12: 2500 Mins, unlimited texts, 2GB data

£15: 2500 Mins, unlimited texts, 4GB data

£25: 5000 Mins, unlimited texts, 20GB data "

Looks reasonably competitive.

But i get 30GB and unlimited texts and Minutes on 3 for £24 a month,tethering is also allowed.
Old 05-11-2016, 18:39   #67
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Im in a fixed contract, not freestyle, no 4g for me till next year then....
Old 07-11-2016, 01:12   #68
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

"Virgin Media is to test Europe’s net neutrality rules after launching 4G services in the UK that offer free access to Facebook’s messaging apps WhatsApp and Messenger.

Those services will be “zero rated", meaning that they can be used without eating into a customer’s data allowance.

Although EU telecoms regulations do not forbid zero-rating, guidelines published by the Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications — which will oversee the enforcement of the rules — have curtailed its usage. Networks are prohibited from providing free access to some apps if the data allowance is used up, for example."

Source: https://www.ft.com/content/31f48100-...3-4351ce86813f
(For non-subscribers to read the article, cut and paste the above link into Google and click on the headline)
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:58   #69
jb66
cf.mega poster

The virgin mobile site is down for maintenance.... looking promising

---------- Post added at 05:58 ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 ----------

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news...over-whatsapp/
Old 07-11-2016, 08:59   #70
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobi...mpetition.html
Old 07-11-2016, 09:48   #71
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Cool, still non the wiser if I can change my contract to 4g I guess I'll call in when I get home
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:37   #72
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If you're on Freestyle you can:

4G FAQs
Old 07-11-2016, 10:48   #73
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Guessing i'd lose the double data i have on the current plan if switching to 4G. Pay extra for half the data
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:50   #74
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If you're on Freestyle you can:

4G FAQs
i logged onto my account but every time I try to load up "about my plan" I get an error page. I pay £10 a month and £12 separately for my iPhone.
Old 07-11-2016, 13:57   #75
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I just called and am getting my new SIM card tomorrow