Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 14:36   #61
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: 2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

Yes he is certainly in his twilight years but its still great to hear his dulcet tones.
Old 08-03-2016, 18:49   #62
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Why it's not Sir Walker, I don't know!!!
Old 09-03-2016, 11:16   #63
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Why it's not Sir Walker, I don't know!!!
Quite right.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:37   #64
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

It's because you don't tend to get past an OBE for just sport commentating from which he's never really branched out from, he needs to get out there in the charity scene to get his knighthood
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 18:34   #65
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Or he turned one down.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 19:28   #66
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Or he turned one down.
People only turn them down due to either not believing in the system or for political reasons.. In either case he wouldn't have his OBE
Old 09-03-2016, 22:35   #67
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze

Very good point, thank you for pointing that out to me.
Old 15-03-2016, 12:02   #68
j52c
Inactive

j52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant futurej52c has a brilliant future

http://planetf1.com/news/lauda-hits-...ifying/http://

It would appear from the above link that Bernie Ecclestone suggested having the Pole winner be put down to 10th place for the actual race.
I know they do the reverse grid in the British Touring Car Championship but they do that in the last race of the day, as yo know they actually have 3 races on race day.

Just shows how much Bernie has lost the plot, he even had to abandon the double points sytem for the last 3 races because it almost meant that the winner of most races could have come last when it was first implemented.
j52c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 12:23   #69
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52c View Post

It would appear from the above link that Bernie Ecclestone suggested having the Pole winner be put down to 10th place for the actual race.
I know they do the reverse grid in the British Touring Car Championship but they do that in the last race of the day, as yo know they actually have 3 races on race day.

Just shows how much Bernie has lost the plot, he even had to abandon the double points sytem for the last 3 races because it almost meant that the winner of most races could have come last when it was first implemented.
Bernie has lost his marbles and should quit F1.
Old 15-03-2016, 12:49   #70
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by j52c View Post

Indeed, the BTCC system works because it is 3 races per weekend.

This, added to the success ballast means that over the weekend, performance is at least equalised a little bit. Time ballast is completely stupid however, as weight affects cars in different ways and good teams can adapt.

The only way a physical ballast system could work is if there was at least 2 races during a weekend. Sprint and Feature races, like in GP2 could actually work as some cars last year worked better at full weight than low weight.

Anyway, Bernie is woefully out of touch and we need a leadership structure that is committed to the next 10 years and the next generation of motorsports fans. Bernie is neither and needs to go.

To defend the new qualifying however, I think it could work quite well to be fair. That and the fact that at least Ferrari look to be competative means that I'm looking forward to this weekend. The midfield battle too will be fascinating with barely a cigarette paper between everyone from Williams through Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Force India down to potentially even Haas and hopefully McLaren and Renault.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2016, 13:20   #71
Kymmy
Inactive

Reverse grid in btcc only works because of the 6-10 place draw. Otherwise everyone would go for tenth place.

As for the new qualifying it does have some weaknesses already published, only time will tell
Old 17-03-2016, 11:24   #72
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

I hope my excitement is justified. Looking forward to this weekend
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 11:52   #73
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgie View Post
I hope my excitement is justified. Looking forward to this weekend
Me too. I'm usually up at 5am in the morning before work so can watch Practice 2. Should be fun, I hope.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 12:45   #74
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

All I want this season is:

1. The title race to be a bit more open, and not just a Mercedes lock out for the whole season (surely I can't be the only one who hates it when a team dominates?)
2. McLaren to be a bit more competitive this season than last year
3. Red Bull to stop whinging because their engine sucks (that is if it does suck again)
Old 17-03-2016, 12:53   #75
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I agree Mark.