Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rates for 70M and Vivid 100

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Rates for 70M and Vivid 100

Old 26-02-2017, 19:18   #1
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point
Rates for 70M and Vivid 100

hi All

Any idea to the phone number for retention's. I am SICK n TIRED of paying £49 odd a month (nearly £50) for 70M, for internet & phone only,when for new customers it is £37 a month for VIVID 100 for 12 months, then £45 after. & ONLY £50 a month for 12 months for VIVID 200 Gamer then £58 after.

Are us old customers being Ripped OFF and paying substitutes for everyone else.

Been with Virgin since NTL days, now over 19 years.

Also I'm on the normal HUB with blue wireless button on side. Which is best to upgrade to for the price.
THANKS.
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2017, 13:18   #2
copernob
cf.addict

Re: Rates for 70M and Vivid 100

Anyone......
Old 27-02-2017, 13:19   #3
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

150 > "Thinking of leaving" option
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2017, 14:53   #4
copernob
cf.addict

Just did that. pressed 1 then 4 then 5 and got a lot of this that n the other. What is your password for retention's. Don't have a Ruddy password for phone--Idiots. Anyway I got a password now but told them I been with them for over 25 years and this is only my second time of phoning them. I asked them about the Vivid 200 Gamer + phone, she then said my usage is low why do I need that one, I do a lot of downloads so don't understand why usage is low. LOL, so told her I'm paying why you wana know. What a palaver mun..Could not get the £50 a month but I could have it for £54 for 18 months. So I said Yes. Got fed up of being Ripped off and told her so. I think it better to go Vivid 200 than just up from 70mb to 100mb. Hope I done the correct thing. Shrub 3 on Wednesday. Then I have to learn how to redo the wireless settings to un bond the 2,4ghz n 5ghz.
Old 28-02-2017, 09:37   #5
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
Just did that. pressed 1 then 4 then 5 and got a lot of this that n the other. What is your password for retention's. Don't have a Ruddy password for phone--Idiots. Anyway I got a password now but told them I been with them for over 25 years and this is only my second time of phoning them. I asked them about the Vivid 200 Gamer + phone, she then said my usage is low why do I need that one, I do a lot of downloads so don't understand why usage is low. LOL, so told her I'm paying why you wana know. What a palaver mun..Could not get the £50 a month but I could have it for £54 for 18 months. So I said Yes. Got fed up of being Ripped off and told her so. I think it better to go Vivid 200 than just up from 70mb to 100mb. Hope I done the correct thing. Shrub 3 on Wednesday.
I don't think it's fair to criticise the agent for questioning why you want a package that's so much higher than what you're on now. It makes no difference to the agent what package you take and Virgin as a company are more than happy to take your money if you really want to spend it. Really she was just asking if you were sure you wanted to spend that amount of money.

At speeds beyond 100mbit, it becomes less about what you do and more about what everyone in your household does.

Quote:
Then I have to learn how to redo the wireless settings to un bond the 2,4ghz n 5ghz.
Do yourself a favour and spend the money on a standalone router. Then no matter what happens with Virgin, you'll never have to fiddle with the settings again.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 14:01   #6
copernob
cf.addict

Thanks for your comments....Would like to know how ALL those who say they got a Good deal on phone got that deal. I tried everything and failed. Must be my voice.

I will be buying the Asus AC87U AC2400 Dual Band Router later on.
Old 28-02-2017, 17:21   #7
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

I can understand why a lot of people are using Kodi, the prices are so expensive and it isn't just Virgin, Sky are just as expensive. There is no good deal in my book it would be better if you could select and pay for the channels you watch, the phone you don't want and the internet speed that suits you for that price.

It's a shame these companies can't do independent channels for example you get the normal freeview then if you want sky 1,2 you can choose them at an additional cost say £3 a month for sky 1 or £5 a month if you get sky 1 and 2 just pay for what you need like a slider. same with the internet £30 a month for 100mb £31 for 110 £32 for 120 etc

Would probably be a ball ache I guess this way but at least I don't have to pay XL tv prices to shift through 300 channels when 50 channels is all you really get the rest are +1 or repeats from last night or cops from 2009 on one channel you turn over and its cops from 2010 on the other lol
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:14   #8
copernob
cf.addict

Hi Gavin--I totally agree with you. Alas the simple way is never simple. lol I don't pay for tv as I don't need it. Got Kodi.. Would not have phone either but was easier to dial 150 n press 1, press 2, press 3 etc etc etc. What a Palaver that was. Then got asked for password. What bloody password I asked, not got one for phoning in lol Whatever happened to pick up phone, ask what you want n they press button n put you through. Still I getting the Vivid 200 n if it don't suit me I can always go to the Vivid 100 n save cash.
Old 01-03-2017, 18:54   #9
copernob
cf.addict

All up n running which looks good..Though no amount of passwords for file shareing between both my PCs this Windows 7 & Windows 10 other pc will accept password to file share. Grrr.

My Speeds

Hope they look good. Not yet put in any port configurations in this router ARRIS TG 2492 LG-85 yet. going out shortly to see if I can access my D-Link NAS from a friends house.
Old 02-03-2017, 13:09   #10
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
All up n running which looks good..Though no amount of passwords for file shareing between both my PCs this Windows 7 & Windows 10 other pc will accept password to file share. Grrr.

My Speeds

Hope they look good. Not yet put in any port configurations in this router ARRIS TG 2492 LG-85 yet. going out shortly to see if I can access my D-Link NAS from a friends house.
If you're using a Live/hotmail/etc. account as the user account on Windows 10, then you have a different kind of username to type in.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:17   #11
copernob
cf.addict

NO I don't use Hotmail. No Microsoft name to sign in as I don't like Them Spying on me.