Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Nightly Dropouts

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Nightly Dropouts

Old 25-04-2017, 10:27   #1
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Nightly Dropouts

My connection is dropping everynight around midnight for a few minutes to sometimes half an hour. A friend of mine also has the same issue as well as in the day time (I'm not always in so don't see this).

I am in DN35, anyone aware of any issues?
Old 25-04-2017, 11:53   #2
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Nightly Dropouts

Sounds like a planned outage,
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 12:02   #3
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

If it's happening regularly, it can't be a planned outage, surely? I've heard (though not seen) of this kind of thing happening, being caused by a fault piece of equipment on the network - often correlating with someone turning their STB on or off at certain times.

Is it possible someone's powering down at around midnight and somehow causing network drop offs? It would be worth VM investigating, but good luck finding a first line agent that can cope with this scenario.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 13:41   #4
JPAC
cf.addict

JPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to allJPAC is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
My connection is dropping everynight around midnight for a few minutes to sometimes half an hour. A friend of mine also has the same issue as well as in the day time (I'm not always in so don't see this).

I am in DN35, anyone aware of any issues?
Me too, connection stops just after 12 midnight, returns next morning.
JPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 18:43   #5
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age

Its not a planned outage. Mine comes back up after 20 mins at the longest.
Old 25-04-2017, 19:09   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Any of you reported it?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 19:15   #7
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Yeah, been fobbed off and "moved to a new server" which isn't as congested!!
Old 26-04-2017, 20:50   #8
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

You should set up one of these so you can see exactly when the outages are. The more information you can provide the better. If you had an outage you would see a massive fat red chunk coming down from the top of the graph.

General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 21:11   #9
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Thanks just set one up.
Old 27-04-2017, 10:07   #10
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Something doesn't seem right with this surely?

[img][/img]
Old 27-04-2017, 11:24   #11
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
Something doesn't seem right with this surely?

That's "normal" on a Hub 3 with 16+ downstream channels. It's down to the latency issue with the Intel Puma 6 chipset.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 19:00   #12
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Thanks. Hate this Hub 3, nothing wrong with the last one I had but when he came last time he had to swap it out.
Old 27-04-2017, 23:07   #13
flatley
Inactive

flatley is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting this too, starting today. SH3 has rebooted itself a couple of times and the green wireless and up/down lights have been flashing - after about 5 mins, it comes back but goes back down after a few mins.

Strangely, I also lost 'phone connection a couple of days ago and yesterday, my Tivo needed rebooting.

BR1 area.

Vm issue?
flatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 23:31   #14
Matthew
cf.mega poster

I don't use my phone so not sure, not noticed any issues with the TV at the moment though.