Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Catch up

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Catch up

Old 04-04-2017, 15:59   #31
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
How can that be true, OB, when Virgin have acknowledge that their is indeed a problem with the catch up service, i'm sure some people on here are having problems with it and they have a V6!
But that was a temporary technical glitch. With the old box, it had been slowing down markedly over the last couple of years and the BBC I-player was virtually unusable. The V6 is like a breath of fresh air and restores their position as a leading TV provider (shame about the content).
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2017, 17:22   #32
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

On Demand, TiVO Apps, Interactive & catch up has crashed again
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 19:54   #33
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

Is that only on the old TiVo mate?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 20:00   #34
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Is that only on the old TiVo mate?
No its on both MM.
Old 13-04-2017, 20:45   #35
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But that was a temporary technical glitch. With the old box, it had been slowing down markedly over the last couple of years and the BBC I-player was virtually unusable. The V6 is like a breath of fresh air and restores their position as a leading TV provider (shame about the content).

Doesn't look as though it's just confined to the old TiVo, OB, seems to be affecting both, the air not so fresh now......

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No its on both MM.
see above ^ ^
Old 13-04-2017, 20:57   #36
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

One should not come to knee jerk conclusions based on not much to be perfectly honest.
Old 13-04-2017, 21:06   #37
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
One should not come to knee jerk conclusions based on not much to be perfectly honest.
Quote:
I wouldn't say that the above was " not much", as you put it, Den.....
Old 13-04-2017, 21:16   #38
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I wouldn't say that the above was " not much", as you put it, Den.....
Its very much a slight short term problem which will get sorted out very quickly and is certainly not representative of the V6 IMO as my unbiased opinion is its a very good box which has run beautifully since we had our 2 installed.
Old 13-04-2017, 21:31   #39
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Do some of you still have a problem? It was reported to be fixed at about 6pm
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2017, 21:32   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Do some of you still have a problem? It was reported to be fixed at about 6pm
Mine are fine now SP.
Old 14-04-2017, 21:36   #41
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

I am on the PC now because Catch Up is not available again for me and my Tivo. We only use Catch up rather than recordings and it seems most nights it is not available, please try later.
I switch off at the mains then go to settings/connect to VM services and wait until it completes, then when I go to catch Up, Not Available!!!!!
We have lost confidence in the Tivo box but it will cost us too much to change to the V6.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2017, 21:39   #42
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
I switch off at the mains then go to settings/connect to VM services and wait until it completes, then when I go to catch Up, Not Available!!!!!
Do you get an error code on the end of the message?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 01:12   #43
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I am on the PC now because Catch Up is not available again for me and my Tivo. We only use Catch up rather than recordings and it seems most nights it is not available, please try later.
We have lost confidence in the Tivo box but it will cost us too much to change to the V6.
Have you contacted Customer Services?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 09:10   #44
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

No error code just Catch up not available try again later 319
Not contacted CS yet but I will be doing so if things do not improve.
Last night I tried to watch the taxi prog, the Knowledge, this kept coming up 319 but not error, I tried going through the Days, Channels and Search functions but after putting the pin code in, up came the not available.
Last night I switched off at the mains until this morning, the wife wants to watch Broadchurch and Victoria Wood tonight, these are both available this morning but the Knowledge is not.
In the past I have had Error C501 a lot.
Thanks for all of your help.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 10:13   #45
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
No error code just Catch up not available try again later 319
Not contacted CS yet but I will be doing so if things do not improve.
Last night I tried to watch the taxi prog, the Knowledge, this kept coming up 319 but not error, I tried going through the Days, Channels and Search functions but after putting the pin code in, up came the not available.
Last night I switched off at the mains until this morning, the wife wants to watch Broadchurch and Victoria Wood tonight, these are both available this morning but the Knowledge is not.
In the past I have had Error C501 a lot.
Thanks for all of your help.
Catch up and on demand not been working on my parents TiVo since yesterday morning. No error code like yours. Search facility not working either. If you scroll back through the EPG a few days it gets stuck. You have to switch it on and off. Parents live in EH51 post code area.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote