Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Marine killer deserves clemency

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Marine killer deserves clemency

Old 09-11-2013, 21:10   #31
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Marine killer deserves clemency

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Those kind of people you're debating with tend to be BNP thinking yobs who think war and killing people is a glorious thing. I'm not looking at it like that I just don't think this guy should face life for his actions.
I've not seen anything to suggest they're BNP knuckle-draggers. The overall consensus is because they're one of "our boys" they should get special treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit
That is a very arrogant opinion although in the most part I agree with what you say however the level of his training as you lay out is just down from special forces if he can not do it right then there is something wrong imo
And an all-too-common opinion when it comes to matters relating to the forces. I'm not a football manager but does that mean I can't call it when David Moyes screws up?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2013, 21:20   #32
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I've not seen anything to suggest they're BNP knuckle-draggers. The overall consensus is because they're one of "our boys" they should get special treatment.
Which in fairness is usually the attitude of people with little or no knowledge of how the armed forces think and work .
When i was in the RE's it was drilled into us from day one that pride in your regiment is paramount ,being a soldier of any rank in the British Forces (or any branch for that matter) meant being the best in the world and any soldier who did not have that attitude didn't last long and those that bought disrepute to the forces like the Marine has done will be dealt with ,there will be no leniency because he is "one of our boys" and nor should there be
Old 09-11-2013, 21:25   #33
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Which in fairness is usually the attitude of people with little or no knowledge of how the armed forces think and work .
When i was in the RE's it was drilled into us from day one that pride in your regiment is paramount ,being a soldier of any rank in the British Forces (or any branch for that matter) meant being the best in the world and any soldier who did not have that attitude didn't last long and those that bought disrepute to the forces like the Marine has done will be dealt with ,there will be no leniency because he is "one of our boys" and nor should there be
Spot on

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 09-11-2013, 21:28   #34
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

I can't remember any SAS member being prosecuted for the Iranian embassy incident. That's part of the reason I'm annoyed they're thinking about life sentences.

The second being there would be riots if the insurgent had got up and killed this guy because he's not permitted to double tap.
Old 09-11-2013, 21:33   #35
tizmeinnit

Quote:
I can't remember any SAS member being prosecuted for the Iranian embassy incident. That's part of the reason I'm annoyed they're thinking about life sentences.

The second being there would be riots if the insurgent had got up and killed this guy because he's not permitted to double tap.
the Iranian Embassy incident was nothing like this. They held hostages the special forces went in and they put down the terrorists. They were under orders and followed them ( I assume)
Old 09-11-2013, 21:35   #36
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
the Iranian Embassy incident was nothing like this. They held hostages the special forces went in and they put down the terrorists. They were under orders and followed them ( I assume)
They executed 2 unarmed insurgents that had surrendered. Pretty sure it's similar if not the same thing.
Old 09-11-2013, 21:38   #37
tizmeinnit

Oh and to those who say I know nothing cuz I have not been in that situation this guy knew exactly what he was doing and admitted it on camera

Quote:
It showed Marine A shooting the Afghan prisoner with a 9mm pistol, and saying: "There, shuffle off this mortal coil... It's nothing you wouldn't do to us."

He adds: "Obviously this doesn't go anywhere fellas. I just broke the Geneva Convention," to which Marine B replies: "Yeah, roger mate."

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Quote:
They executed 2 unarmed insurgents that had surrendered. Pretty sure it's similar if not the same thing.
Did not know that I apologise however I thought the SAS on missions like this do not take prisoners anyway ?
Old 09-11-2013, 21:42   #38
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Oh and to those who say I know nothing cuz I have not been in that situation this guy knew exactly what he was doing and admitted it on camera?
And the same soldiers have most likely (given their combat experience)seen many friends and comrades blown to bits which are the unique circumstances i spoke of earlier and is the only reason why clemency must be shown in this case

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Quote:

Did not know that I apologise however I thought the SAS on missions like this do not take prisoners anyway ?
You been watching too much telly
Old 09-11-2013, 21:43   #39
tizmeinnit

Quote:
And the same soldiers have most likely (given their combat experience)seen many friends and comrades blown to bits which are the unique circumstances i spoke of earlier and is the only reason why clemency must be shown in this case
And soldiers know that there is a chance that they will be sent to war and they become professional . Revenge is a dangerous motive

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

You been watching too much telly
Maybe and listening to Chris Ryan

I would not mind if that was the policy btw same as I would not mind if there was a similar policy in Afghanistan

My only issue is some think he should have special privileges same as the one who had the hand gun just because they were soldiers and they should not same as the cop who mowed down the girl and what Derek thought
Old 09-11-2013, 21:44   #40
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Only if people on Civvy Street who have been through harrowing life experiences should also be shown the same clemency should they find themselves in court. I for one do not wish to live in a country with a two-tier legal system.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 09-11-2013, 21:49   #41
martyh

Quote:
Agreed ,to me this highlights the rather ambiguous reasons we are in that god forsaken crap hole ,we are trying to be friends with people who would sooner see our soldiers blown up along with the rest of western civilisation and blokes like Marine A don't know where they stand .If we are at war then treat it like a war and go in and wipe the buggers out don't pussy foot about trying to be all pally pally with someone who just wants to blow your legs off
Old 09-11-2013, 21:49   #42
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Oh and to those who say I know nothing cuz I have not been in that situation this guy knew exactly what he was doing and admitted it on camera

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

I don't think the SAS ever take prisoners. I have mixed feelings about what they did though just as I do with this. By law they should have been punished.
Old 09-11-2013, 21:54   #43
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Yes, it is murder but murder on the battlefield isn't the same as murder in a civilian context. It shouldn't be condoned or overlooked but the difference should be understood. I'd hate to think that in similar circumstances in the future, one of our soldiers hesitates because of this case and more of our brave forces are killed/maimed.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 21:58   #44
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yes, it is murder but murder on the battlefield isn't the same as murder in a civilian context. It shouldn't be condoned or overlooked but the difference should be understood. I'd hate to think that in similar circumstances in the future, one of our soldiers hesitates because of this case and more of our brave forces are killed/maimed.
lets be honest it has probably happened lots and lots of times only this time some Richard filmed it
Old 09-11-2013, 22:00   #45
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
lets be honest it has probably happened lots and lots of times only this time some Richard filmed it
Very true.

Americans were nabbed urinating on a Taliban member because of someone filming it.